Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Well it sounds like they are starting to figure it out, at least for SW. They are doing 12 episodes for Andor, and from all reports it actually feels more like a TV show and not a extra long movie. They've even said it's likely to have a season 2 with another 12 episodes.

I know when they announced 18 episodes for Daredevil Reborn that people got nervous since most agree the Netflix shows were all at least 2-3 episodes too long. But if the choice is too few episodes to tell a good story and too many that they need to add a filler episode or two, I'd rather have the latter. Although, I hope they do more of a 2-3 story arcs thing that tie together at the end.

Not every show needs to be 8, 10, 12 episodes. The problem is you can't have the amount of story to tell that they've tried to tell in 6 episodes. F&tWS is the best example of this. You can't have the Power Broker, Flag Smashers, John Walker, who is going to be Cap going forward, Baron Zemo, etc. all happen in 6 episodes. It's just impossible. There needed to be about half that stuff for it to make sense as a story, straight up.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Not every show needs to be 8, 10, 12 episodes. The problem is you can't have the amount of story to tell that they've tried to tell in 6 episodes. F&tWS is the best example of this. You can't have the Power Broker, Flag Smashers, John Walker, who is going to be Cap going forward, Baron Zemo, etc. all happen in 6 episodes. It's just impossible. There needed to be about half that stuff for it to make sense as a story, straight up.

Regardless of what is or isn't the perfect amount of episodes, my biggest frustration is that its becoming clear the episode count for most all these series seems to be getting dictated by the higher ups and then forcing writers to fit a story into that episode count, and it just doesn't seem to be working. It feels like we are buying a box first on Amazon, the item later, and then trying to find a way to make that item fit into the box in some way. I'd much rather they figure out the story they want to tell and then figure out how many episodes it takes to tell that story. If that is 6 episodes, great. If its 8,10,13,15... etc, whatever. I'd just rather have them fit the episode count to the story rather than the story to the episode count.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi.gif

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I think I’m more interested in everything else in she-hulk than her. So many cameos and potential setups. Her part from the previews bores me. Hopefully I am surprised.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Reactions: Triggermv

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
This show is growing on me.

I've been curious about it. I don't know much of anything about the character beyond her being Bruce Banner's cousin, so I can't necessarily say I'm hyped for it, but I'm interested. People have done a lot of griping about MCU CGI lately (and there was quite a bit of that after the first She Hulk trailer), and while it does square with the news coming out of the VFX community, I've honestly never really noticed the issue on screen.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

Pretty much another What if....? series
Once Holland was no longer going to do the voice, I pretty much expected this. This isn't to say it can be a good show, it will just fall into the category of inspired by the MCU, not directly in the MCU. It's kinda how the GotG animated show was inspired by the first GotG film even if it didn't follow where they went with the subsequent MCU appearances. The characterizations were similar to the movie, but they ended up keeping Star-Lord's original comic history of his father being from Spartax.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Once Holland was no longer going to do the voice, I pretty much expected this. This isn't to say it can be a good show, it will just fall into the category of inspired by the MCU, not directly in the MCU. It's kinda how the GotG animated show was inspired by the first GotG film even if it didn't follow where they went with the subsequent MCU appearances. The characterizations were similar to the movie, but they ended up keeping Star-Lord's original comic history of his father being from Spartax.

I'm just not the biggest What if.....? guy. I much would have preferred if they just gave us the account of his Freshman and Sophomore years within the main-line 616 MCU, even if it didn't include Holland's voice. They didn't use Holland's voice in the What if......? series either, and that had nothing to do with me not being that into What if.......?.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I'm just not the biggest What if.....? guy. I much would have preferred if they just gave us the account of his Freshman and Sophomore years within the main-line 616 MCU, even if it didn't include Holland's voice. They didn't use Holland's voice in the What if......? series either, and that had nothing to do with me not being that into What if.......?.
Sure, that would have been nice as I might have been more interested. But frankly, I'm just about over another Spider-man origin series, but it seems like we're contractually obligated to get one ever 4-5 years, so here we go again.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Sure, that would have been nice as I might have been more interested. But frankly, I'm just about over another Spider-man origin series, but it seems like we're contractually obligated to get one ever 4-5 years, so here we go again.
Me too. I just rewatched No Way Home yesterday for the first time since we saw it in the theater. The way that movie ends makes me REALLY want to see where they go from there. Another origin story doesn’t do anything for me unless it helps us better understand Tom Holland’s Spider-Man origin.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Patton Oswalt on the Today Show confirming he and Harry Styles will appear in an Eternals sequel movie and that Chloe Zhao will return as director. This isn't a surprise as the first Eternals movie ends with a note confirming a future movie or at least future appearance of the Eternals.

I'm expecting Eternals 2, Moon Knight Season 2, and Armor Wars to be part of the eventual Phase 6 announcement, likely at the D23 Expo on Sept 10.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Patton Oswalt on the Today Show confirming he and Harry Styles will appear in an Eternals sequel movie and that Chloe Zhao will return as director. This isn't a surprise as the first Eternals movie ends with a note confirming a future movie or at least future appearance of the Eternals.

I'm expecting Eternals 2, Moon Knight Season 2, and Armor Wars to be part of the eventual Phase 6 announcement, likely at the D23 Expo on Sept 10.

Don't be shocked if Moonknight skips a S2 and jumps right to a Midnight Sons series. We'll see. I tend to still lean there will be a S2 before a Midnight Sons, but wouldn't be shocked if they jump right in either.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

My daughter, who is into this Marvel world more than I can ever imagine, says she has heard both Patton Oswalt and Oscar Isaac are deep in Feige’s dog house. Deeeeep.