Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I couldn't be less excited for this series. Her character, storyline, and acting were all pretty terrible in the Hawkeye series. The acting part shouldn't be surprising as this was her first acting gig ever. The only thing that makes me remotely interested is that there are rumors of Daredevil showing up in it, but if true, I'd much rather just see a Daredevil series where they maybe let Echo show up.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I couldn't be less excited for this series. Her character, storyline, and acting were all pretty terrible in the Hawkeye series. The acting part shouldn't be surprising as this was her first acting gig ever. The only thing that makes me remotely interested is that there are rumors of Daredevil showing up in it, but if true, I'd much rather just see a Daredevil series where they maybe let Echo show up.

Just as long as they keep Charlie Cox as the actor. He was great in the Netflix series and his cameo in SM would make one think he isn't done with the role.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Figured something like this was going to come out the minute Jon Watts stepped away from The Fantastic 4. It was really just Disney moving their chess pieces around the table. I know there has been rumors of Bryce Dallas Howard filling in for Watts on Fantastic 4 as both director and The Invisible Woman, but I'm still holding out hope that it will be John Krasinski both directing and starring in the movie. Granted, Bryce Dallas Howard is a great director too and would hardly be a bad consolation prize. All of her Star Wars episodes have been some of the best. I'm all for Disney keeping her in the family. Maybe just give her a different MCU movie or do a Deborah Chow and give her a whole MCU Disney+ series.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I don’t actually see the point of the series. But then, maybe they’ll do something amazing with it like they did WandaVision.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I don’t actually see the point of the series. But then, maybe they’ll do something amazing with it like they did WandaVision.

Good point, that was the last series I said I had zero interest in and it is now my favorite. Granted, stacking up the acting talent of WandaVision againt that of Echo and there is no comparison.

Reactions: Aclone

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
This is their most obscure character to date. She was the least interesting character in Hawkeye and, while I'll still watch it, I'm only doing so with the hopes of Kingpin and Daredevil being involved.

• Agree

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Reall

I agree. Honestly Lauren Ridloff would have been a great deaf actor for this part. She is great in the Walking Dead and actually is part of the MCU as Makkori and she was great in that role too. Both Eternals and Hawkeye were released in 2021, I actually feel like Lauren would have been a great Echo, and the role of Makkori didn't need to be deaf, I think the source comics the character is not deaf.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Reall

I agree. Honestly Lauren Ridloff would have been a great deaf actor for this part. She is great in the Walking Dead and actually is part of the MCU as Makkori and she was great in that role too. Both Eternals and Hawkeye were released in 2021, I actually feel like Lauren would have been a great Echo, and the role of Makkori didn't need to be deaf, I think the source comics the character is not deaf.

Lauren Ridloff was great in both The Walking Dead and as Makkari. Having her play Echo would have been really unlikely beings how something very distinct about Echo is her being Native American. I get there aren't probably a ton of Native American deaf actresses out there to choose from, but I still don't like just throwing a complete non-actor into the role to check the boxes, and it showed to me in her performance. Regardless, I hope her and the show ends up good and proving me wrong. I believe if I've shown anything with my postings through the years on here, it is how I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, and I'm definitely wrong more than I probably care to admit :).

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Now this on the other hand, I can get excited for this. Did I really just say I was excited to see Jane Foster back??? Yes, yes I did.......
Tailka said they badly wanted her in the movie but the role had to be a lot more then “carries scientific equipment”.

She also hasn’t actually been in a MCU movie since 2013.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Does anyone else think She-Hulk's CG look really bad, especially in the back half of the trailer??? I don't know what to think of this series. There have been multiple behind-the-scenes reports stating production of this show was a hot mess.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Does anyone else think She-Hulk's CG look really bad, especially in the back half of the trailer??? I don't know what to think of this series. There have been multiple behind-the-scenes reports stating production of this show was a mess.

I’ve seen CGI’s be bad in trailers, then be polished in the actual production.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I’ve seen CGI’s be bad in trailers, then be polished in the actual production.

It's true, but this is the worst CGI from any trailer I've seen Marvel Studios put out yet. The weird thing is Hulk's CGI looks great. The internet is tearing this thing to shreds. I've seen a few Fiona Shrek comparisons already.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Good god that looks bad. I’ll give it a shot because I consume all marvel stuff, but it’s looking like a really bad direction.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It's true, but this is the worst CGI from any trailer I've seen Marvel Studios put out yet. The weird thing is Hulk's CGI looks great. The internet is tearing this thing to shreds. I've seen a few Fiona Shrek comparisons already.

Good god that looks bad. I’ll give it a shot because I consume all marvel stuff, but it’s looking like a really bad direction.
If I can count correctly, it releases in three months. More than plenty of time to polish the CGI.

Last edited by a moderator:

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This She Hulk commentary about the CGI is exactly what that article I posted a week or two ago was saying...you can see they're rushing to get things out the door and something has to give...and it's often times the CGI/effects that can't get done as well as they should. This looks BAD. Real bad.

• Agree

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Totally going to try and avoid reading this read as I haven’t seen Dr Stange yet. But I just finished Eternals finally. Holy balls. I dig that. Crammed as hell but that’s a good movie. Do I need spoilers to ask questions about it or are we past that for Eternals?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Totally going to try and avoid reading this read as I haven’t seen Dr Stange yet. But I just finished Eternals finally. Holy balls. I dig that. Crammed as hell but that’s a good movie. Do I need spoilers to ask questions about it or are we past that for Eternals?
Many hated Eternals but I thought it was the best of the Marvel movies and it really isn't close

Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron