• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
If you had some kind of guide that integrated all of your streaming subscriptions, that would be handy. Maybe it's already out there, but if it is, it isn't well known. If you had one place to go where you could see all the movies and shows that you had access to, that would be awesome.
Our cable company (Comcast Xfinity) does that. We get our Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+, HBOMax, YouTube and others through our cable box with one remote. And it has voice control so for example just an hour ago I said "watch Godzilla vs Kong" into the remote and it automatically opened the HBOMax app and started the movie.

ETA: Apps also include Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount+, peacock and Vevo. Then there's also "free" on-demand from the channels included in our package. And it's all connected so we get recommendations across all devices - TV, tablet or phone.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Had never watched a Marvel movie until mid-March, when my wife and I decided to try and tackle the MCU. Finished Phase One today.

Avengers was good, but I almost liked the storylines that built up to the movie more than the movie itself. Does that make me crazy?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Had never watched a Marvel movie until mid-March, when my wife and I decided to try and tackle the MCU. Finished Phase One today.

Avengers was good, but I almost liked the storylines that built up to the movie more than the movie itself. Does that make me crazy?

The first Iron Man and Captain America movies are still two of my favorites. They really set up the characters well for the long run.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Just finished episode 4 of FATWS. Much better pacing and storytelling. I have ideas about how the last two episodes will go, but I'm not gonna let them ruin the show for me if I'm wrong.

Sometimes I forget how bad-ass the Dora Milaje are. It was nice to be reminded of that as they humbled the room.

• Agree
Reactions: mfelske

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Don't get me wrong, as I'm definately enjoying Falcon and the Winter Soldier so far. However, has anyone else found themselves in my category at all:

1. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was my #1 most anticipated upcoming MCU TV show, while Wandavision was by far my least anticipated. I'm a big Captain America movie fan.
2. I've enjoyed and had more fun every step of the way with Wandavision more so than with Falcon and the Winter Soldier at this point

While I can explain some of it, other parts of my reasoning I'm still struggling to put into words. Regardless, can't wait to compare the two once this whole series is over. There is still time for my sentiment to change.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Don't get me wrong, as I'm definately enjoying Falcon and the Winter Soldier so far. However, has anyone else found themselves in my category at all:

1. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was my #1 most anticipated upcoming MCU TV show, while Wandavision was by far my least anticipated. I'm a big Captain America movie fan.
2. I've enjoyed and had more fun every step of the way with Wandavision more so than with Falcon and the Winter Soldier at this point

While I can explain some of it, other parts of my reasoning I'm still struggling to put into words. Regardless, can't wait to compare the two once this whole series is over. There is still time for my sentiment to change.

I've felt the exact same way about both, from anticipation to how I've received them. Enjoying both, but Wandavision was something special.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am a novice MCU guy...but I really enjoyed WandaVision as a story! So far...I have enjoyed Falcon and the Winter Soldier but it seems like one big action movie. The story doesn't pull me in like WandaVision did. WandaVision was unique...FATWS doesn't seem too far from a normal network TV show.

Reactions: Triggermv

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

I think while WV had an overriding arc, each episode the way it was filmed was packaged nicely. Some people might disagree but I think the exposition of FAWS has been pretty slow, with a lot of stuff thrown in that I'm hoping is relevant but has not paid off through 4 episodes.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Not crazy at all. Everyone likes what they like. Don't ever feel ashamed of it. All the movies leading up to the Avengers are considered by most to be good to great anyway.

Reactions: Aclone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think while WV had an overriding arc, each episode the way it was filmed was packaged nicely. Some people might disagree but I think the exposition of FAWS has been pretty slow, with a lot of stuff thrown in that I'm hoping is relevant but has not paid off through 4 episodes.

Yeah, i'm really not sure how theyre going to wrap up so many strands that are out there in just 2 episodes left. It feels like we're 4 episodes in to a 12 episode season, not 6.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I like F&TWS. Not as much as WandaVision, but I like it.

That said, there are certain moments that are nothing more than bad superficial stereotyping that nag at me. Marvel (at least, the cinematic version, as opposed to the comics) is usually better than that.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I mean, I know there’s a lot of implied violence and quick snippets (Thanos getting his head cut clean off for one) but that ending of episode 4 was BRUTAL. Very hard to watch. Obviously not Game of Thrones level of in-your-face blood and gore, but DAMN. That was ******* dark.

You think they might try to start doing this to segue into MCU films that by their nature will probably need to be R-rated? (Blade, Deadpool, etc)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I mean, I know there’s a lot of implied violence and quick snippets (Thanos getting his head cut clean off for one) but that ending of episode 4 was BRUTAL. Very hard to watch. Obviously not Game of Thrones level of in-your-face blood and gore, but DAMN. That was ******* dark.

You think they might try to start doing this to segue into MCU films that by their nature will probably need to be R-rated? (Blade, Deadpool, etc)

Theyre probably doing it in the shows because they won't do it in the movies, deadpool aside. Last I heard Blade was going to be PG-13

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I am a bit disappointed because the promos gave off a distinct buddy cop movie vibe, which would have been a lot of fun to play around with those tropes as a movie genre I grew up with. But outside of a couple one liners has not really been there.