• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This is correct. One guy I listen to a pod for said the episodes keep getting better and he's seen all 3.

Yeah, I'm guessing with every episode that passes and with every layer of the onion that gets pealed off, the series will look less and less what it is now and more MCU typical. Here is an article which describes this:

In an interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Paul Bettany explained how the show will evolve from the sitcom-style to a full-on MCU action movie. The Vision actor confirmed Kimmel's theory that the sitcom-world of the show will not make up the whole storyline. "That’s 100 percent correct," said Bettany. The actor went on to say, "We hurtle through the decades, and we hit different genres of sitcoms and then Vision begins to think that this is getting a little weird, you know. And in the end, you end up in full, MCU action movie."

Teyonah Parris, who plays the grown-up Monica Rambeau, called the show "a full-on action movie, mixed with sitcoms."

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Episode 3 is really good. The A plot follows Wonda/Vision prepare for a baby and is pretty humorous with Brady Bunch aethstetic. The B plot of what the heck is going on is in full force now.

Reactions: Aclone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Episode 3 is really good. The A plot follows Wonda/Vision prepare for a baby and is pretty humorous with Brady Bunch aethstetic. The B plot of what the heck is going on is in full force now.

That scene with Wanda and Geraldine at the end. Olsen sold that scene. Ominous as ****.

And that aspect ratio shift was perfect.

Reactions: Aclone

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Now I’m getting anxious to find out what SWORD is doing with Wanda. It seems weird that Geraldine pretty much gave herself away so carelessly, maybe - as part of SWORD - she was too eager to extract information?

Although my biggest question is what’s the nature of this alt-reality? The last scene makes me feel like SWORD has entrapped Wanda somehow, but maybe they’re actually just trying to observe?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Now I’m getting anxious to find out what SWORD is doing with Wanda. It seems weird that Geraldine pretty much gave herself away so carelessly, maybe - as part of SWORD - she was too eager to extract information?

Although my biggest question is what’s the nature of this alt-reality? The last scene makes me feel like SWORD has entrapped Wanda somehow, but maybe they’re actually just trying to observe?

I get the impression its Wanda that's trapped everyone else. She's trying to live a fantasy life due to all the **** she's had happen to her.

Reactions: GBlade

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I get the impression its Wanda that's trapped everyone else. She's trying to live a fantasy life due to all the **** she's had happen to her.

This was my thought until the final scene where it suddenly goes letterbox on us. It looks like there’s a perimeter that looks similar to the “TV effect” that happens when Geraldine first gets booted out of the alt-reality. So they’ve got this all setup at this SWORD compound, as if they’ve intentionally quarantined the area in space-time where Wanda’s “taken over”. So maybe SWORD’s goal is to try to find a way to make Wanda drop the act and close this reality.

Also, I’m not convinced that everyone in this alt-reality is affiliated with SWORD. I feel like there are other forces at work here that have a vested interest in keeping SWORD out.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I’ve watched the first 3 and honestly I’m barely hanging on. It’s not appointment tv by any means. So far it’s a combination of bewitched and the Brady bunch. I know it will get better and there’s a lot that they’re not telling us yet, but I struggled to sit through those first three. I want to like it, but they are really taking their time getting to the point.

I really thought that this whole thing was going to be happening while Wanda was destroying the mind stone right before thanos reverses time. Like they went into this alt universe in their minds while connected and a couple of seconds seemed like years. But it doesn’t look like that’s the case.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
I’ve watched the first 3 and honestly I’m barely hanging on. It’s not appointment tv by any means. So far it’s a combination of bewitched and the Brady bunch. I know it will get better and there’s a lot that they’re not telling us yet, but I struggled to sit through those first three. I want to like it, but they are really taking their time getting to the point.

I really thought that this whole thing was going to be happening while Wanda was destroying the mind stone right before thanos reverses time. Like they went into this alt universe in their minds while connected and a couple of seconds seemed like years. But it doesn’t look like that’s the case.

Same with me. So far, the characters are not likeable in any way and its so over the top its beyond ridiculous.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Same with me. So far, the characters are not likeable in any way and its so over the top its beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, I didn't really like the characters even in the movies. They had none of the charm of even some of the other MCU side characters like Ant-Man or Falcon or Winter Soldier or War Machine. Wanda had an accent early on and then it went away. Vision was kind of a robot but not a robot. That's a pretty big leap of faith to ask of people to follow two basically uninteresting characters for multiple boring episodes while the plot unravels.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBone84

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After tomorrow, I'll be interested to see how much the perspective on WandaVision changes for people or not. Based on some recently released previews, it seems like we have some pretty big reveals ahead of us coming soon.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
After tomorrow, I'll be interested to see how much the perspective on WandaVision changes for people or not. Based on some recently released previews, it seems like we have some pretty big reveals ahead of us coming soon.
They are going to have to start upping the game otherwise they are going to lose people quickly. I am going to stick it out no matter what, but you can only slow play for so long if you indeed have something big up your sleeve.

As other's have said, this show isn't for everyone and that's ok. It's something different, and it won't resonate with everyone no matter what Marvel does with it.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That is good. I am all for a slow build but it is time to ramp it up a bit!

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I may wait until WandaVision is done and just binge it with the family. It sounds like I'll have an easier time keeping them engaged if they don't have to wait a week between episodes. A week may as well be a decade for my daughter's attention span.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I may wait until WandaVision is done and just binge it with the family. It sounds like I'll have an easier time keeping them engaged if they don't have to wait a week between episodes. A week may as well be a decade for my daughter's attention span.

Probably not a terrible idea. Yeah, we've had 3 episodes so far of slow-burn material. However, at the same time, excluding credits, the episodes are all under 30 minutes long. You'd be able to get to the payoff quick enough in a binge.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Probably not a terrible idea. Yeah, we've had 3 episodes so far of slow-burn material. However, at the same time, excluding credits, the episodes are all under 30 minutes long. You'd be able to get to the payoff quick enough in a binge.

I saw the run times may vary as they go along, but right now it's pretty easy to zip through four 30-minute episodes on a lazy weekend during quarantine.

It's odd being able to get a rough opinion of the show without stumbling across spoilers so far. I imagine that will change over the next few weeks, though.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I saw the run times may vary as they go along, but right now it's pretty easy to zip through four 30-minute episodes on a lazy weekend during quarantine.

It's odd being able to get a rough opinion of the show without stumbling across spoilers so far. I imagine that will change over the next few weeks, though.

There really isn't much to spoil as of yet

• Informative
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

It's written more as a binge-watch than a weekly release.