State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I meant I never watched. Didn’t proofread my post :(
I want to see it but assume there is some expected propaganda which is fine

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
io9 has an article up that gives some comicbook-based background to the Black Order, who are the other villains of Infinity War which we've seen glimpses of in the trailers. It's possible that some of the backstory will describe scenes that will be covered in the movie, so I'll say it might be slightly-spoilery.

bwzeoduwjq70c7wpp15b.png

From left to right (ignoring Loki - cuz, obvious):
Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian*

*(this is the characters name in the movie, but in the comics he's called Black Dwarf)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-guide-to-avengers-infinity-wars-black-order-thanos-1824295431

• Informative
Reactions: helechopper

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
io9 has an article up that gives some comicbook-based background to the Black Order, who are the other villains of Infinity War which we've seen glimpses of in the trailers. It's possible that some of the backstory will describe scenes that will be covered in the movie, so I'll say it might be slightly-spoilery.

bwzeoduwjq70c7wpp15b.png

From left to right (ignoring Loki - cuz, obvious):
Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Black Dwarf

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-guide-to-avengers-infinity-wars-black-order-thanos-1824295431

Bye bye Loki.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
1. Fantastic 4
2. Nova
3. Beta Ray Bill
4. Adam Warlock
5. X-men
6. Moon Knight
Good list. Would love Nova to get screen time.

I thought I read somewhere that Adam Warlock was going to be in GOG 3? Can’t remember if it was a fan theory or legit.

Would be great to get Fantastic 5 along with Dr Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus into the MCU.

Beta Ray Bill to take the Thor mantle once Hemsworth moves on?

Not too familiar with Moon Knight. Will have to read some of the comics.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I thought I read somewhere that Adam Warlock was going to be in GOG 3? Can’t remember if it was a fan theory or legit.

Would be great to get Fantastic 5 along with Dr Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus into the MCU.

I'd be surprised if Adam Warlock isn't in GOTG 3 beings how he was teased in GOTG 2 post-credits scene. I forgot about Silver Surfer and there has been rumors of him actually being in Avengers 3. As for Doom, of course he would be great. Lastly, Moon Knight has been rumored for a Netflix series for a while.

Oh yeah, can' believe I forgot Blade.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Noah Hawley, the creator of the FX series Legion, is working on a Dr Doom solo movie. The more Legion I watch the more excited I get for this movie.

I am not a fan of the Fantastic 4. I get their contributions to the comics and their importance, but I think their powers just do not translate to the big screen at all. That being said, I think it would be great to add Reed Richards to the MCU, prior to his being Mr Fantastic. I think a big problem with FF is that you have to do the origin story every time and that either devalues the genius of Reed Richards (and the whole team) or it means they suddenly lose their intelligence when they gain their powers. These are intelligent people who suddenly go dumb when something strange happens to them. I want to see Reed Richards be this devil-may-care scientist that is willing to take risks - and is equally (or maybe even more) intelligent than Tony Stark. Maybe later down the line he gains this really absurd power, but instead of being confounded by it he is emboldened and tries to push it to the limits right off the bat - just like Tony Stark did in Iron Man 1.

New characters I want in the MCU:
1. Storm - she an obvious character to add to the successful Black Panther & Avengers franchises

2. She-Hulk - Marvel needs to get the rights to this character ASAP to fill in when Ruffalo (and the Hulk) leave the franchise

3. Reed Richards - as explained above, would be the replacement for Tony Stark

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Saw Thor: Ragnarok last night, it's probably recency bias but might be my favorite MCU movie.

Reactions: 3GenClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Noah Hawley, the creator of the FX series Legion, is working on a Dr Doom solo movie. The more Legion I watch the more excited I get for this movie.

I am not a fan of the Fantastic 4. I get their contributions to the comics and their importance, but I think their powers just do not translate to the big screen at all. That being said, I think it would be great to add Reed Richards to the MCU, prior to his being Mr Fantastic. I think a big problem with FF is that you have to do the origin story every time and that either devalues the genius of Reed Richards (and the whole team) or it means they suddenly lose their intelligence when they gain their powers. These are intelligent people who suddenly go dumb when something strange happens to them. I want to see Reed Richards be this devil-may-care scientist that is willing to take risks - and is equally (or maybe even more) intelligent than Tony Stark. Maybe later down the line he gains this really absurd power, but instead of being confounded by it he is emboldened and tries to push it to the limits right off the bat - just like Tony Stark did in Iron Man 1.

New characters I want in the MCU:
1. Storm - she an obvious character to add to the successful Black Panther & Avengers franchises

2. She-Hulk - Marvel needs to get the rights to this character ASAP to fill in when Ruffalo (and the Hulk) leave the franchise

3. Reed Richards - as explained above, would be the replacement for Tony Stark

I started reading comics as a kid when I borrowed my friends 6 issues series of the original Infinity Gauntlet.

The coolest part in the original story that won't be in this one is that Dr Doom and Magneto set aside differences and fight alongside the heroes. In addition to that Silver Surfer plays a pretty huge role and X-Men/FF are just as involved with the fight as the Avengers.

I don't think this movie needs more characters...the idea of pumping 30 more characters into a film like this makes me laugh...but if they could have replaced a few minor characters with Magneto or Dr Doom that had previously been developed it would be awesome. The MCU is a little lacking in powerful villains that aren't purely evil outside of Loki. Loki is not really a factor in the original Infinity Gauntlet but he seems to be filling the role of Doom and Magneto which is great.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

They show his cocoon at the end.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I can't get the link to work at work, but if this is the video I think it is, there is a potential spoiler right at the very beginning showing how Peter Parker gets off the school bus - we've only seen him hanging on the side of the bus, or where his spidey-sense gets triggered, but not how he gets off the bus unnoticed.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Infinity War will break every box office record...ever..in history.

As much as I want to say that, I'd still say the odds are against it doing that, especially when it comes to international box office. Keep in mind that Avatar is still number one at a whopping and nearly untouchable $2.788 billion international haul. Next closest movie to it is Titanic at a distant $2.187 billion and an even much greater distance is the closest MCU to it with Avengers at $1.518 billion. Shoot, that is practically only half of what Avatar did. Also, for all the box office breaking headlines Black Panther has pulled lately, keep in mind that pretty much all of those have been domestic numbers they've been talking about. Black Panther so far has only hauled in $1.302 billion internationally.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

So, moral of the story: odds are strongly against Infinity War unseating Avatar. Best case scenario in my mind is that it gives both Titanic ($2.187 billion) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($2.068 billion) a run for their money. However, I'd even puts odds against that. My guess is that it ends up #4 all-time at the box office.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron