For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
He loves movies. Going to the movie theater is his favorite thing in the world. Always been that way.
That's honestly amazing at the age of 2 and I am super jealous. My almost 4-year old is just now able to sit through an entire movie at the theater. Her at 2, and honestly 98% of kids at the age of 2, could not do that. Especially for a non-animated/more adult-themed movie.

That's so cool he's into movies like that! And it gives me hope there are younger generations still loving the big silver screen to keep it going.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Love hearing everyone's thoughts on Across the Spider-verse. I've got tickets on Tuesday to see it with my oldest two daughters who are HUGE Into the Spider-Verse fans. They have been waiting in anticipation for this movie for a LONG time.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Damn! Across the Spiderverse was a good movie. Highly thinking about going again sometime before it's out of theaters. Going to be a long 9+ months until the next one.

I’m definitely going again.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
That's honestly amazing at the age of 2 and I am super jealous. My almost 4-year old is just now able to sit through an entire movie at the theater. Her at 2, and honestly 98% of kids at the age of 2, could not do that. Especially for a non-animated/more adult-themed movie.

That's so cool he's into movies like that! And it gives me hope there are younger generations still loving the big silver screen to keep it going.

I have a two year old and she'd be out of her seat before the previews were even finished in that scenario animated movie or not.

His son is a unicorn.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Liked it alot but man was it bloated. Art style was on point again.

I agree with this assessment. It’ll all depend on what they do for Beyond the Spider-verse but so far this felt unnecessarily bloated. It’s hard for me to tell what could have been shelved to condense the movie but we won’t really know the answer to this until part two releases in March. If I had hazard a guess, I felt that almost every single action sequence felt very padded for time to justify the movie’s existence as a two-parter. Some of the inter-personal bits also felt a bit redundant with a few scenes serving the same function in advancing the plot. Into the Spider-verse just felt so much tighter by comparison.

I don’t think the movie would have suffered if they stuck to the same runtime as the original. Surely there’s 15 minutes of material that could have been cut ahead of time.

I feel like I’m crapping on this movie too much because I still adore it for the animation style and great cast of characters, and it was still leagues ahead of most animated films, if not most superhero films out there. It just has the potential to be so much better.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv and bos

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Finally watched GotG 3. It was about 20 minutes too long and it started really sluggish, but it was enjoyable for the most part. I could pick apart a lot of of details, but it was a proper send-off. I know the end credit scene said Star Lord would return, but I hope they don't try to squeeze out another Guardians film.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Finally watched GotG 3. It was about 20 minutes too long and it started really sluggish, but it was enjoyable for the most part. I could pick apart a lot of of details, but it was a proper send-off. I know the end credit scene said Star Lord would return, but I hope they don't try to squeeze out another Guardians film.
My understanding was this was it for gotg, but that meant he would still be back somewhere.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
It's funny seeing the love for Spider-Man on here. I liked the first one but really didn't have a desire to see this one. Then Tom from The Bob and Tom show took his girls this weekend and HATED it. TBF, he doesn't like any super hero movie and is old. So I'm sure I'll see this one but wait to watch at home so I don't have the distraction of parents ignoring their way too young children's bad behavior.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
It's funny seeing the love for Spider-Man on here. I liked the first one but really didn't have a desire to see this one. Then Tom from The Bob and Tom show took his girls this weekend and HATED it. TBF, he doesn't like any super hero movie and is old. So I'm sure I'll see this one but wait to watch at home so I don't have the distraction of parents ignoring their way too young children's bad behavior.

Yeah, I could easily see this being true. I don’t blame anyone for disliking the sequel. It clearly should have been one movie and it has a very abrupt ending.

A podcast I was listening to put it very well, but they admitted to liking the film. It was like going out for an extremely good meal, fully enjoying yourself when the waiter swoops by, takes your plate, and tells you to come back in nine months for the rest of it.

Reactions: stateofmind

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

This trailer has me intrigued and actually looks kind of good, however, I have heard rumors around Hollywood that this film is a bit of a mess, which would not shock me from Sony in the slightest.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Marvel Studios will not present in Hall H at SDCC this year. Sounds like DC (Warner Bros) is also leaning in this direction which could make for a disappointing comic con.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Secret Invasion episode 1 is officially out. Man, that snuck up on me. Anyone check it out yet?
Woke up about 15 minutes late this morning or I might have watched it before work. Articles online already touting the death of a "major" MCU character. Most likely were going to find out that some character has been replaced by a Skrull for a long time like it was in the comics series.