Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
This has been my favorite MCU show on D+ so far but I like this spy show type of thing. Winter Soldier was my favorite MCU movie by a mile.
I really enjoyed Loki. But through 2 episodes this is giving it a run

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anybody checked out Secret Invasion episode 3 yet because I'm quite curious people's thoughts on it? Me personally, I was relatively neutral on episode 1 as it felt relatively paint by numbers to the spy thriller genre. However, I thought things really started to pick up in episode 2 with where things seemed to be going with things to the point where this series has me intrigued and in now. I really hope episode 3 keeps up the same momentum.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Got a chance to knock out episode 3 of Secret Invasion last night and I'd call it another good one. As you can read from my previous post above, this is a series where I'm getting more and more intrigued and interested as it goes. Episode 3 was no different. The jury is still out on exactly how good this series will end up being, but at least the show hasn't already lost my interest, which I can't say for some other MCU series at the 3 episodes in point.

Reactions: CycloneEggie

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
The episodes are improving, but I've come to a realization that I've just watched too much of everything. Not just Marvel, but all types of movies and TV shows. I have a hard time being surprised by any narrative, especially one following the typical espionage thriller playbook. They haven't been really subtle with the hints about who's not what they seem.

That being said, I'm still enjoying the performances,, especially of Mendhelsohn and Ben-Adir. I'm not super crazy about re-writing Fury's whole history and potentially some of the MCU history as well, but I get it. Still watching to see how public knowledge of the Skrulls becomes or whether they manage to wrap it all up without the public ever knowing.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The episodes are improving, but I've come to a realization that I've just watched too much of everything. Not just Marvel, but all types of movies and TV shows. I have a hard time being surprised by any narrative, especially one following the typical espionage thriller playbook. They haven't been really subtle with the hints about who's not what they seem.

That being said, I'm still enjoying the performances,, especially of Mendhelsohn and Ben-Adir. I'm not super crazy about re-writing Fury's whole history and potentially some of the MCU history as well, but I get it. Still watching to see how public knowledge of the Skrulls becomes or whether they manage to wrap it all up without the public ever knowing.

I'm with you somewhat on the watching too much of everything problem as well. It does make it lots harder to be surprised by anything, and everything starts to feel a bit generic and paint by numbers.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Every once in a while, I like to play the hot-take game where everyone posts a somewhat controversial/against the grain opinion of yourself about a topic. In this case, lets play the MCU/Marvel hot-take game. I'll start, and feel free to critique mine or chime in with your own if you want to play.

-I actually had quite a bit of fun watching Morbius (terrible post-credits scene aside), and don't think the movie is as bad as people make it out to be
-Outside of the fun 3 Spider-Man stuff, Spider-Man: Far From Home was just a mediocre movie
-I found Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse to be just decent and nowhere near as good as the first movie. I also found both its visuals and sound to be bad, too flashy, and disorientating.
-I really like Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and find it not only to be the best Doctor Strange movie, but also a top-third MCU movie
-I love Iron-Man 2 and think it is a way better movie than people give it credit for
-I found Black Panther: Wakanda Forever to be mediocre at best. They 100% should have recast T'Challa.
-The best we see of the Black Panther character in any movie was him in Captain America: Civil War
-GOTG volume 3 was a pretty boring movie that only got fun and good at the end
-While its quality was a bit all over the board for its full run, Agents of Shield was a fun, pretty good show overall
-I find the overuse of multi-verse and time travel in both the movies and the comics to be lazy story-telling
-Big Hero 6 is one of the greatest Marvel movies of all time
-The Amazing Spider-Man is an underrated great movie with Spider-Man's best action and music score

Random other non-Marvel hot-take: Onward is my all-time favorite Pixar movie

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Every once in a while, I like to play the hot-take game where everyone posts a somewhat controversial/against the grain opinion of yourself about a topic. In this case, lets do the MCU/Marvel. I'll start, and feel free to respond to mine or chime in with your own.

-I actually had quite a bit of fun watching Morbius (terrible post-credits scene aside), and don't think the movie is as bad as people make it out to be
-Outside of the fun 3 Spider-Man stuff, Spider-Man: Far From Home was just a mediocre movie
-I found Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse to be just decent and nowhere near as good as the first movie. I also found both its visuals and sound to be bad, too flashy, and disorientating.
-I really like Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and find it not only to be the best Doctor Strange movie, but also a top-third MCU movie
-I love Iron-Man 2 and think it is a way better movie than people give it credit for
-I found Black Panther: Wakanda Forever to be mediocre at best
-The best we see of the Black Panther character in any movie was him in Captain America: Civil War
-While its quality was a bit all over the board for its full run, Agents of Shield was a fun, pretty good show overall
-I find the overuse of multi-verse and time travel in both the movies and the comics to be lazy story-telling
-Age of Ultron is better than the first Avengers.
-There are only 2 Captain America films: Civil War is an Avengers movie

Reactions: mramseyISU

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Every once in a while, I like to play the hot-take game where everyone posts a somewhat controversial/against the grain opinion of yourself about a topic. In this case, lets play the MCU/Marvel hot-take game. I'll start, and feel free to critique mine or chime in with your own if you want to play.

-I found Black Panther: Wakanda Forever to be mediocre at best. They 100% should have recast T'Challa.
-The Amazing Spider-Man is an underrated great movie with Spider-Man's best action and music score

I love marvel but am behind on movies due to life being busy but in larger part due to the multi-verse stuff. The level of effort I have to put into it to figure out how the pieces fit is annoying and stupid. A little is fun and ok but that’s not what super hero movies should be to me.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I love marvel but am behind on movies due to life being busy but in larger part due to the multi-verse stuff. The level of effort I have to put into it to figure out how the pieces fit is annoying and stupid. A little is fun and ok but that’s not what super hero movies should be to me.

I hear yah for sure and think you are part of a ever-growing population. I'm a shill and always will be a shill, so I likely won't ever fall in that category, but at least I'm self-aware. The majority of people are not as big of a shill as I am, and that is fine.

Reactions: JM4CY

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I just think what could have been had the HYDRA reveal not happened until season 3 or 4. We could have had so much build up with the characters only then to find out that some were really HYDRA. Instead they got their legs cut out from underneath them right away and stifled some great potential stories. The show clearly peaked with S4, but was still a mostly enjoyable watch to the end.

Still would be nice if they legitimized the show by bringing some of the characters into one of the newer MCU projects. Even a cameo from Mack and Quake in Secret Invasion would go a long way towards that end and give a little hope that S.H.I.E.L.D. can still be a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I just think what could have been had the HYDRA reveal not happened until season 3 or 4. We could have had so much build up with the characters only then to find out that some were really HYDRA. Instead they got their legs cut out from underneath them right away and stifled some great potential stories. The show clearly peaked with S4, but was still a mostly enjoyable watch to the end.

Still would be nice if they legitimized the show by bringing some of the characters into one of the newer MCU projects. Even a cameo from Mack and Quake in Secret Invasion would go a long way towards that end and give a little hope that S.H.I.E.L.D. can still be a thing.

The Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider was #1 on my list for who I wanted to eventually cross over with the movies. Fitz and Simmons would have been fun too.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
The Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider was #1 on my list for who I wanted to eventually cross over into the movies
Still mad that show never got the green light. I holdout a little hope that they want to do something with Midnight Sons, but with the problems on the Blade, who really knows.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I hear yah for sure and think you are part of an ever-growing population. I'm a shill and always will be a shill, so I likely won't ever fall in that category, but at least I'm self-aware. The majority of people are not as big of a shill as I am, and that is fine.
I always respect brand loyalty. I do need to see GOTG 3 though. I may finally see it this weekend. Is there anything I need to see or catch up on prior?

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I always respect brand loyalty. I do need to see GOTG 3 though. I may finally see it this weekend. Is there anything I need to see or catch up on prior?
Not really, outside of maybe the GotG Holiday Special, and that's only because of a scene in GotG3 that kinda comes out of nowhere.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Might be awhile before we see Shang-Chi 2. Simu Liu recently said that the film "would follow Avengers" likely he meant Avengers: Kang Dynasty which is a currently listed a May 2026 release.

I suppose a more positive spin on this would be that we should get some sort of announcement for Shang-Chi 2 within 1-2 years. I could see it be an announcement at SDCC 2024 so they can start production in late 2024-early 2025.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014

Some pretty hot takes here.

I find Morbius fine, but I'm more and more convinced that "fine" doesn't cut it anymore. Ten years ago it would have done great at the box office when that and DVD were the only game in town, but today it's competing against a backlog of great movies and streaming. Imagine Morbius in the style of Netflix Daredevil. It's not just Morbius. Movies like Shazam 2, Flash, Ant-Man Quantumainia are struggling to find audiences.

- Across the Spider verse is great, only thing holding it back is it is only half a movie. Into is great too
- 3 spidies was the whole point of far from home. Very enjoyable.
- Multiverse of madness was a good intro for American Chavez but I didn't like the retread of Wandavision
- Agree with Wakonda forever. Hated Ironheart and ignoring "Don't have a land war in Asia" swapping in sea and Atlantis
- I'm not sure why Quantumania exists except to introduce Kang, but Loki did it better.
- Ultron would have been better with xmen quicksilver