• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

It is still a bit baffling to figure out where Sony is going with their side of the Spider-Verse. There have been multiple movies and streaming projects which have been reported to be in the works, but we've yet to see barely any of them actually go into production, which means we aren't even close to seeing any of them.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Review embargo has ended and the reviews aren't coming out of the gate too strong. I've go tickets to a 3:30 pm showing on Thursday with my daughter, so I'll be one of the first to see it. I'd be lying if I didn't say these reviews are killing a bit of my anticipation. Based on first social media reactions, I thought the reviews might be a bit better.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Review embargo has ended and the reviews aren't coming out of the gate too strong. I've go tickets to a 3:30 pm showing on Thursday with my daughter, so I'll be one of the first to see it. I'd be lying if I didn't say these reviews are killing a bit of my anticipation. Based on first social media reactions, I thought the reviews might be a bit better.

I forgot it was coming out this weekend. I'll have to check the schedule here.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

Yeah, I was expecting a much more solid reaction by critics given how much of a force Jonathon Majors is these days, but it’s not surprising to see that most people agree that Kang is probably their favorite part of the film.

Oh well. We still have our tickets so maybe lowered expectations will help me enjoy it more.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm gonna pass on this in the theaters. The reviews are worse than Thor Love and Thunder, and that movie was a dumpster fire.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The tone of many of the reviewers so far seem to be bothered most by cobbling together a multiverse plot that can be followed in a two hour run time. That was always going to be tricky.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Reviews look bad for Quantumania

I just got back from it, took the kids since school was cancelled so we hit the 3:00 showing.

I mean this in all sincerity, I think Marvel might be played out at least for me personally. The bummer thing is that the phase 4 villains are great, and Kang is no exception. However, the stories just don't hold together, the scripts kind of suck, etc. etc.

This movie is kind of a mess, they are still struggling to incorporate the next generation of heroes which make these movies kind of a slog at times, and for everybody that has a problem with the Marvel CGI buckle up for Quantumania because basically the entire movie is CGI. Almost every bit of it.

I have defended and touted these movies for a long time. This isn't the best offering. I just had an extreme sense of blah, the same I had at Dr. Strange and Thor in Phase 4. It's not the worst thing I've seen. I'm not mad I watched it. But I also saw Cap catch Mjolnir and while I don't expect that every movie you gotta give me something more than what we've been getting.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Just got back myself, and yes, this movie has some flaws. It is a CGI fest, the story lacked in some spots, and it might be a little hard to understand fully what is going on without following the MCU thus far, especially Loki. HOWEVER, I don't care what the critics say, I actually greatly enjoyed this movie, mostly due to one thing..... Kang. Kang is a BEAST in this movie, and Majors puts on yet another ridiculously good performance. The dude is truly terrifying at multiple spots and is already one of the best villains in the MCU. I used the word BEAST because there is no better word, and you will realize why I use that word afterwards.. I also saw this movie in 3D, and really loved seeing it that way. Some of the MCU movies work well in 3D for me like this one and the Dr. Strange movies, and some don't, like Wakanda Forever. If it helps for more of a recent context to take in my opinion or not, I did not like Love and Thunder but really liked Multiverse of Madness. I also loved Ant-Man 1 and was so so on Ant-Man 2. To me, this movie surpasses the second movie but probably trails behind the first. With all that said, take my opinion for what it is worth.

Last edited:

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah I didn’t like it which isn’t shocking. But went with partner and two friends who all three are big Marvel and comic fans. One said ‘yeah that was bad’ the other said ‘I’m really disappointed’ and my partner just said ‘wtf that was just too goofy’.

I will say I like Majors. He’s always good. I will also say it’s not the worst Marvel movie. That’s all I got. Haha

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
These poor movies are why I think Disney brought Iger back and is bringing Favreau back into the MCU for reviewing stuff. I'm glad they're reducing the disney plus series and focusing more on the main movie plots again. I just hope that doesn't diminish the quality of the mandoverse stuff.