• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Fun episode but didn't really move much forward. Concerned about another Marvel show jamming too much into the end. But this one is 9 episodes so that's good.

I hear yah and am tempted to think the same thing. However, more so than probably any other MCU series so far, this show seems to be leaning less into serialized storytelling and more into each episode being somewhat a little story in and of itself. Therefore, I will say it is lending itself into needing a little less big wrap-up by seasons end than other shows. I guess we will see. There is 9 episodes to the series, so we still do have quite a bit of time left to see where everything is leaning.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
The episode had plenty of stupid sitcom-y humor with touches of seriousness. I laughed plenty of times (which I really needed right now) and really felt for Jen on the morning after her date. This show continues to poke at the ridiculousness of the whole MCU without being completely mean about it. Wong continues to the one of the best things in the MCU. *Raises a gin & tonic to Wong*

Something sinister is brewing just beneath the surface and it ain't Titania.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I hear yah and am tempted to think the same thing. However, more so than probably any other MCU series so far, this show seems to be leaning less into serialized storytelling and more into each episode being somewhat a little story in and of itself. Therefore, I will say it is lending itself into needing a little less big wrap-up by seasons end than other shows. I guess we will see. There is 9 episodes to the series, so we still do have quite a bit of time left to see where everything is leaning.
That's definitely true. And I have been really enjoying this show. I just have seen this before where a Marvel show meanders for 2-3 episodes and then crams a bunch into the final 1-2 episodes. I guess I just have some PTSD from Ms Marvel where I really liked the beginning couple episodes and then it turned into a bit of a trainwreck imo.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
On a different note, we are taking the family on a trip to Disneyland this Sunday where we will be staying right by the parks. Since we are getting in mid-afternoon, we didn't buy tickets to D-23 at all, but we do plan on walking over to the convention center to walk around outside some. Has anyone been to D23 on here before?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
There was a lot of MCU announcements at D23 this weekend. Here is a live reaction blog in case you want to review for yourselves (includes Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Willow announcements), but I'll try to break it down as best as I can.

* Panel started off with live performance from Rogers: The Musical
* Clip (in-person only, won't be online) from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
* First trailer for Ironheart (in-person only, won't be online)
* Clip (in-person only, won't be online) from Ant-Man: Quantumania
* Trailer (yes, this is available to view online) for Werewolf by Night. Link added below.
* Secret Invasion Trailer (see previous post)
* Don Cheadle confirms there is an Armor Wars series that will take place following the events of Secret Invasion
* Ke Huy Quan will appear in Loki Season 2
* Matt Shakman confirmed to be the new director of Fantastic Four (Shakman directed WandaVision).
* Footage shown (in-person only, won't be online) from Echo series
* Daredevil Reborn discussed onstage - no footage to show
* Captain America: New World Order news: Tim Blake Nelson will reprise his role as The Leader, last seen in The Incredible Hulk.

Finally, The Thunderbolts lineup has been revealed:

Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan)
Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh)
Taskmaster (Olga Kurylenko)
John Walker/US Agent (Wyatt Russell)
Ghost (Hanna John-Kamen)
Red Guardian (David Harbour)
Valentina de Fontaine (Julia Louis Dreyfus)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Did anyone see the fattened up version of Spiderman "No Way Home"?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
There was a lot of MCU announcements at D23 this weekend. Here is a live reaction blog in case you want to review for yourselves (includes Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Willow announcements), but I'll try to break it down as best as I can.

* Panel started off with live performance from Rogers: The Musical
* Clip (in-person only, won't be online) from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
* First trailer for Ironheart (in-person only, won't be online)
* Clip (in-person only, won't be online) from Ant-Man: Quantumania
* Trailer (yes, this is available to view online) for Werewolf by Night. Link added below.
* Secret Invasion Trailer (see previous post)
* Don Cheadle confirms there is an Armor Wars series that will take place following the events of Secret Invasion
* Ke Huy Quan will appear in Loki Season 2
* Matt Shakman confirmed to be the new director of Fantastic Four (Shakman directed WandaVision).
* Footage shown (in-person only, won't be online) from Echo series
* Daredevil Reborn discussed onstage - no footage to show
* Captain America: New World Order news: Tim Blake Nelson will reprise his role as The Leader, last seen in The Incredible Hulk.

Finally, The Thunderbolts lineup has been revealed:

Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan)
Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh)
Taskmaster (Olga Kurylenko)
John Walker/US Agent (Wyatt Russell)
Ghost (Hanna John-Kamen)
Red Guardian (David Harbour)
Valentina de Fontaine (Julia Louis Dreyfus)

Was anyone else super underwhelmed? No Deadpool 30, no Mutants, no Fantastic 4 casting. I was super bummed.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Was anyone else super underwhelmed? No Deadpool 30, no Mutants, no Fantastic 4 casting. I was super bummed.
I think the Thunderbolts lineup has me most excited. I was not interested in that movie at all when it was originally announced, but I'm starting to come around.

Also, Werewolf by Night looks awesome. It is being directed by Michael Giacchino who is best known as a music composer. You will be shocked at the number of films he's written music for. This is going to be an interesting career move for him.

Reactions: Triggermv

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I think the Thunderbolts lineup has me most excited. I was not interested in that movie at all when it was originally announced, but I'm starting to come around.

Also, Werewolf by Night looks awesome. It is being directed by Michael Giacchino who is best known as a music composer. You will be shocked at the number of films he's written music for. This is going to be an interesting career move for him.
My only issue with Thunderbolts is that so many of the characters have the same skill sets. It’s basically super soldiers and spies. A little more variety would be nice.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
My only issue with Thunderbolts is that so many of the characters have the same skill sets. It’s basically super soldiers and spies. A little more variety would be nice.
It's probably going to be a covert ops team not necessarily an Avengers replacement. Going to want soldiers and spies for that. If they are doing a Suicide Squad-esque government sponsored team, low profile is the name of the game.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm willing to give it a shot at least they won't have to plot maneuver supes like Hulk and Thor being "off world".

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Been gone for a week, so finally caught up with last week's She-Hulk episode. While there are certain things about the series that still bother me, I'm still finding it entertaining enough and am into how different the series is from anything we've seen thus far. Pug continues to be the best part of this series, so any episode that has some heavy Pug is going to keep me interested.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Pug is the best. He's like the perfectly well-adjusted dude, fully accepting of a world with super heroes, space aliens, and what have you, and completely nonplussed that his co-worker is one of them. There better not be some stupid villain turn for him.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Pug is the best. He's like the perfectly well-adjusted dude, fully accepting of a world with super heroes, space aliens, and what have you, and completely nonplussed that his co-worker is one of them. There better not be some stupid villain turn for him.

They sure better not