• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I thought he was excellent, exactly the Reed I wanted
I thought he did a good job of being the Reed that has seen some ****. I'm looking for a more optimistic, earlier in the superhero journey Reed. More of the wide-eyed wonder that Ioan Gruffadd played it as. Krasinksi may not be the right guy for that.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I thought he did a good job of being the Reed that has seen some ****. I'm looking for a more optimistic, earlier in the superhero journey Reed. More of the wide-eyed wonder that Ioan Gruffadd played it as. Krasinksi may not be the right guy for that.

Since it will be two separate universes, I personally don't see how Krasinski can't play both the version you want for 616 in addition to the one we already saw. Reed's universe we just saw warranted what we ended up getting, whereas the 616 likely warrants a more traditional Reed like you are wanting. I just think John is good enough as an actor to be whatever we want him to be.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

There are some rumors recently that actor Penn Badgley could be our next Reed Richards. Hard to tell how true they are or not. I personally don't know anything about the guy other than he definitely looks like Reed Richards and a bit younger one than Krasinski. Regardless, I'd be pretty surprised at this point if we don't get a Fantastic Four casting announcement in a few weeks at D23. At least I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't.

On a separate note, I'm kind of excited as we are taking the family to Disneyland and arriving on the Sunday, the last day of D23. While we are getting in late enough that it didn't justify us buying tickets for the last day, we are at least going to walk around some outside that day. Looking forward to seeing Avengers campus for the first time as well. I've never been to Disneyland.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

There are some rumors recently that actor Penn Badgley could be our next Reed Richards. Hard to tell how true they are or not. I personally don't know anything about the guy other than he definitely looks like Reed Richards and a bit younger one than Krasinski. Regardless, I'd be pretty surprised at this point if we don't get a Fantastic Four casting announcement in a few weeks at D23. At least I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't.

On a separate note, I'm kind of excited as we are taking the family to Disneyland and arriving on the Sunday, the last day of D23. While we are getting in late enough that it didn't justify us buying tickets for the last day, we are at least going to walk around some outside that day. Looking forward to seeing Avengers campus for the first time as well. I've never been to Disneyland.
My wife would be a fan of this casting. Guy was in Gossip Girl and she was a fan then. Can’t imagine that has changed.

He’s a little dude though. Super short.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw the latest She-Hulk episode and was fairly entertained. I thought there was some pretty good humor and entertainment in there. Josh Segarra as Pug might be becoming my favorite new side character to enter the MCU in quite a few years. I'm loving every single scene they put him in. I also like how it seems they are kind of flipping the script with his character. Traditional speaking, based on his looks and his role in the show, his character would stereotypically be made out to be a bit of an antagonist. However instead, the guy couldn't be more likable at this point in the series. He won me over from the very start with his best bathroom to take a poop map. I'm also a guy where one of my favorite debates to have with my friends was which bathroom on ISU's campus was the best place to take a poop in. FYI.... it is unquestionably in the single person bathroom in the basement of Ross. Not only was it a single bathroom in which you didn't have to share a stall beside anyone, but nobody used them because they are in the basement of frinking Ross, and consequently would be spick and span clean always. That is what I call a win-win-win.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GBlade

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
It took me a second (and a quick IMDB search ) to remember where I saw Josh Segarra before. He played the main bad guy on S5 of Arrow. That was one of the better seasons, IIRC.

I get how goofy the Wrecking Crew can feel in the comics, so it was nice to lean into their absurdity even more here. Clearly they are working for someone more sinister as they alluded to.
In the comics they did have a link to the Thunderbolts, so this might be a ploy by Valentina or Ross to get a sample of her blood to make more Hulks.

The writing has been solid and the metacommentary on the MCU and the fandom surrounding it has been on point so far.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
It took me a second (and a quick IMDB search ) to remember where I saw Josh Segarra before. He played the main bad guy on S5 of Arrow. That was one of the better seasons, IIRC.

I get how goofy the Wrecking Crew can feel in the comics, so it was nice to lean into their absurdity even more here. Clearly they are working for someone more sinister as they alluded to.
In the comics they did have a link to the Thunderbolts, so this might be a ploy by Valentina or Ross to get a sample of her blood to make more Hulks.

The writing has been solid and the metacommentary on the MCU and the fandom surrounding it has so far not been on point so far.

He was great on S5 of Arrow, which was one of its better seasons and really the last good one before it went downhill

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014

The writing has been solid and the metacommentary on the MCU and the fandom surrounding it has so far not been on point so far.
Would Abomination's blood be easier to get?

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Would Abomination's blood be easier to get?
They probably think since Jen isn't all rage monstery from the start that her blood is somehow better than either Bruce's or Blonsky's.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
On a separate note about the latest She-Hulk episode, I was a bit sad to see She-Hulk's CGI revert back to borderline atrocious level. I was one of those big She-Hulk CGI critics after its first trailer, but retracted back some after the first episode at least showed some improvement to a serviceable non-distracting level. Well, this episode to me saw things revert pretty terribly backwards in that category, most notably in the scene that had She-Hulk simply walking around her office as well as the post-credits scene. I mean they were whoof bad CGI.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
On a separate note about the latest She-Hulk episode, I was a bit sad to see She-Hulk's CGI revert back to borderline atrocious level. I was one of those big She-Hulk CGI critics after its first trailer, but retracted back some after the first episode at least showed some improvement to a serviceable non-distracting level. Well, this episode to me saw things revert pretty terribly backwards in that category, most notably in the scene that had She-Hulk simply walking around her office as well as the post-credits scene. I mean they were whoof bad CGI.
The wavy wall in the law office really messes things up whenever she walked by it. Heck, it even made the non-cgi look bad as it scatters the light in a weird way. Someone needs to remove that thing if the end up doing a S2 and she is still at that law firm.

I think the thing that weirdly bugged me is Tatiana's teeth aren't super white, but as She-Hulk they are almost blindingly so.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I did. It was a fun episode. That seems to be what they're aiming for, and it's been a nice deal.

The last episode was where I finally thought they were starting to settle into what they were aiming for, which is why it possibly was my favorite episode so far. Was there any big reveals in this episode this week? Obviously, don't say what if there is.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The last episode was where I finally thought they were starting to settle into what they were aiming for, which is why it possibly was my favorite episode so far. Was there any big reveals in this episode this week? Obviously, don't say what if there is.

No, unless they were really, really subtle.
There was a hint of one, but I'd say no.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Fun episode but didn't really move much forward. Concerned about another Marvel show jamming too much into the end. But this one is 9 episodes so that's good.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw recent She-Hulk episode last night and I'll admit I had quite a bit of fun with it. These last couple episodes are finally getting into the show I've been wanting all along (the CGI is getting back to bearable at least too). However, I get that this type of show and tone won't be for everyone, and that is okay. I'm personally a dude who unabashedly loves chick flicks (granted, I love about every movie genre outside of horror), so I was getting a good kick out of all the dating stuff in this episode. Not trying to get into cave territory here, but the only things that is becoming distracting and I'm not exactly digging so far is how hard this series is trying to push against the internet trolls with some of its ideals. Some of the pushback in the series so far has felt natural and organic, which I'm all for, but some of it has just felt too forced and too much. For instance, her meta comment about having more Wong placating the twitter trolls was super hilarious, organic, and I really got a kick out of. I busted out laughing. However, then in the same episode, the whole stereotype of her doctor date she liked and the book he was reading just felt forced and a bit too much. Anyway, again, I'm not trying to spark any debate or anything on here, as not having that stuff is what I love about this forum. There is sometimes I wish this series would somewhat just get out of its own way. Ignore the haters and focus on the people like me who are in for what you are doing. No need to add additional forced distraction. Make a great show and you will win people over, maybe even some of the haters.

FYI.... I found party girl Madisynn absolutely hilarious in this episode, which made me really love the post-credit scene

Last edited: