• Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Kevin Feige talks quite a lot in an interview about all the prior Marvel TV shows. I can't say there is too much to glean overtly as to his plans for all those characters, as he chooses his words very wisely. However, there is some wording in there that is certainly open to interpretation and speculation. Its worth a read for sure.

Coulson should make it back.

I'd also like to see Daisy get into the main MCU. She's got avengers-level powers after all.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
From watching enough shows delve into time travel over the years, i think the best lesson is just don't try to think about it and just enjoy the ride. No matter what, if you think about time travel and the logistics, it breaks down.

I don't necessarily need to look at time travel from a very technical physics standpoint. So, for time travel movies, feel free to set up whatever time travel parameters/rules you want to operate by, which is what Endgame definitely did. However, where I get frustrated and where the inconsistencies come is when you clearly lay out your own parameters/rules, then don't even follow them yourself, which is what Endgame did on multiple occasions.

While it isn't time travel, Wonder Woman 1984 had many of the same logic problems, only their inconsistencies resolved our wishes and was way worse than Endgame. However similarly, they laid out a bunch of rules/ground rules surrounding wishes in that movie, only to break those same rules with nearly every turn of the camera. It made for quite a mess.

With all that said, I'm far from an Endgame basher. In fact, I loved the movie despite all its flaws. I'm just saying one of my biggest knocks on the film was its own inability to think through and follow its own parameters. It only becomes more blatantly clear when your writers and directors are telling two very different things.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't necessarily need to look at time travel from a very technical physics standpoint. So, for time travel movies, feel free to set up whatever time travel parameters/rules you want to operate by, which is what Endgame definitely did. However, where I get frustrated and where the inconsistencies come is when you clearly lay out your own parameters/rules, then don't even follow them yourself, which is what Endgame did on multiple occasions. With all that said, I'm far from an Endgame basher. In fact, I loved the movie despite all its flaws. I'm just saying one of my biggest knocks on the film was its own inability to think through and follow its own parameters. It only becomes more blatantly clear when your writers and directors are telling two very different things.

From all the changes during the film, I got the idea that they were acknowledging that they didn't have a real concrete idea of time travel, nor did the Avengers, and that was just fine with me.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
From all the changes during the film, I got the idea that they were acknowledging that they didn't have a real concrete idea of time travel, nor did the Avengers, and that was just fine with me.

Yeah, I've just learned to accept it over time. Its not that big of deal. However, if they are going to lean hard into it with a Loki series, obviously they are going to have to explain away some things. I guess we'll see.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
It’s been confirmed that she wasn’t included in Stark’s Snap, and took off.

This seemed weird to me until I though about it more from Stark's POV. With him being lost in space with Nebula he would actually have legitimate context about Gamora. For me, that helps explain this deviation from a blanket snap removing everyone/thing that came forward from 2014.

Speaking of, I'm mostly terrible at noticing wrinkles like the Gamora one... Were there any other deviations in Stark's snap? I can't think of any. Just like time travel the logic of snaps is pretty convoluted at times as well.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Didn't 2024 (or whatever year it's supposed to be) Nebula kill 2014 Nebula?

In some versions of time travel theory she would disappear.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I think @alarson's post (#4161) should probably be the answer to any time travel question. Once someone exists in two different times, you may as well just decide if you're going to enjoy the story or make yourself miserable by poking holes in the plot.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think @alarson's post (#4161) should probably be the answer to any time travel question. Once someone exists in two different times, you may as well just decide if you're going to enjoy the story or make yourself miserable by poking holes in the plot.

I just wanna know if they are going to get Gamora back for GotG3!!!

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I just wanna know if they are going to get Gamora back for GotG3!!!

It's set up for her to come back with 2014 Gamora now being in the 2023 timeline. Which makes me happy. I love me some Zoe Saldana. Other than Stark I think she was the death that hit me the most. I really like Gamora.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's set up for her to come back with 2014 Gamora now being in the 2023 timeline. Which makes me happy. I love me some Zoe Saldana. Other than Stark I think she was the death that hit me the most. I really like Gamora.
The way they did that death too was really solid and moving.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA

They made sure within the plot of Endgame to emphasize that when you go back you can't change the future and it's just a separate timeline. Although I definitely agree with the just let it entertain philosophy of time travel. I try not to over think any action/super-hero movie plot too much.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

I didn't mean to come off as "poking holes", far from it.

I'm good with their content.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Without needing to be said at this point because each week Marvel is bringing it better and better but the new episode of WandaVision is fantastic. They just keep hooking me and wanting the next episode.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I realize this is a stupid question to this crew but today the last episode of wandavision gets released right?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It really was. They're knocking this series out of the park.

Also, there's another mid credits scene FYI.

Reactions: jctisu

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I realize this is a stupid question to this crew but today the last episode of wandavision gets released right?

Next week officially. They announced 9 episodes. (There were rumors of a 10th episode but we will see)

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Next week officially. They announced 9 episodes. (There were rumors of a 10th episode but we will see)
Ok thanks. So today is the second to last potentially. My kids got hooked by it way more than I expected and have been talking about it all week to see the last one tonight. They are gonna be pumped that there is two more.