• Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Have you watched/re-watched the Netflix-MCU series? Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and The Punisher? I’ve been watching some old fight scenes from The Punisher and they seem to hold up, but I cringe when I think of revisiting other series and if they still look good compared to other modern shows.

Speaking of Daredevil - the rights to the character officially went back to Disney a couple of weeks ago, so they could reintroduce the character in the MCU.

To be frank with you have not watched any of those.... we just recently got Netflix so am still learning the ropes with it.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
To be frank with you have not watched any of those.... we just recently got Netflix so am still learning the ropes with it.

Haven't rewatched or haven't watched? I mean... either way you have to go with Daredevil to start then if you're looking for more. IMO.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

The Netflix series are way more serious in tone than the marvel movies and Agents of Shield. If you are looking for a fun/campy series these are not like that at all. The shows are kind of like their own MCU. They make reference to the Battle of New York, but that’s about the only tie-in to the movies you will get (no bit appearances by Iron Man or anything like that).

You can almost think of them as a spin-off of the MCU. The chronological order is:
Daredevil Season 1
Jessica Jones Season 1
Daredevil Season 2
Luke Cage Season 1
Iron Fist Season 1
The Defenders (only 1 season)
The Punisher Season 1
Jessica Jones Season 2
Luke Cage Season 2
Iron Fist Season 2
Daredevil Season 3
The Punisher Season 2
Jessica Jones Season 3

The quality is really inconsistent. I would say that Daredevil and The Punisher series are the best. Jessica Jones season 1 is also one of the best series of the bunch, but the quality drops off in Season 2 and goes off the rails in Season 3.

Reactions: clone4life82

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Well, I think it is safe now to say Hailey Seinfeld is OFICIALLY Kate Bishop in the upcoming Hawkeye series when she is literally filmed shooting scenes. What a weird announcement of an actor for a part this one turned out to be. Count me as happy as she was my #1 choice.

0A372B51-C28B-4520-A651-D2BF30F9C218.jpeg

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
@clone4life82 Here is my own MCU rankings if it helps:
  1. Avengers: Engame - The perfect culmination of 10 years of storytelling helped along by an amazing script, which gave fans everything they could have ever wanted and more
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Thought this movie had the best drama and best writing and story line of all the movies. Its action sequences were probably only second to Civil War as well.
  3. The Avengers – Iconic way to pull everything together with the best villain in the MCU. The final battle was so epic and unlike anything we had ever seen up until that point.
  4. Captain America: Civil War - Most fun movie, produced the best action sequences, had some of the best character moments, and showcased the best balancing act of so many characters. Biggest weakness was having a very good, but not amazing story.
  5. Avengers: Infinity War - Amazing put together culmination of all the movies and characters so far. While it suffered at times from that weight, maybe Marvel's best villain help to pull everything together.
  6. Daredevil: Season 3 - Tremendous long-form storytelling with two amazing villains and the perfect crescendo ending. One of the best seasons of television in all of TV.
  7. Iron Man – Epic way to start the Universe with an unbelievable star for a headliner. Never got into the Iron Monger villain though.
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy – Best space epic since the original Star Wars movies. Also was probably the funniest movie of the MCU so far. Had a fairly generic villain though.
  9. The Punisher: Season 1 - Very complete Marvel series with great pacing, great story, superb casting, and amazing acting. Ben Barnes as Billy Russo is now one of my favorite actors and one of the best Marvel villains. Very stand-alone series with not enough crossovers.
  10. Daredevil: Season 2 - The introduction of Punisher in Season 2 was what truly made this season great and better than Season 2. Had a few pacing issues, but overall, the series improved all the characters within it from Season 1. Didn't love Elektra stuff.
  11. Spider-Man: Homecoming - Amazing casting on this movie with Tom Holland being the best Spider-Man yet. Also featured one of the greatest villains in the MCU in Michael Keaton, with one of the best scenes and best twists.
  12. Agents of Shield: Season 5 - Overall good season wrapped up by spectacular ending, which tied together all the character arcs as good as any series out there. Sticking the landing is what ranks this season so high.
  13. Daredevil: Season 1 – Loved the street-level and darker tone of this show. Also contains probably the second best villain in the MCU. Being on Netflix is a great way to remove all the normal problems of making a TV show for network viewing.
  14. Ant-Man - Had super-low expectations, but walked away pleasantly surprised. Yet another weak villain, but contained some great comedy with some great actors. Paul Rudd won me over as a fan.
  15. Captain America: The First Avenger – Epic first-half of the movie with Cap’s origin story, but believe it or not, I found Red Skull a little underdeveloped. Loved the WWII time period aspect of this one.
  16. Black Panther - Very good movie with great characters, superb character development, a good story arc, and a top 3 Marvel villain. However, its biggest downfall is some very poor action and CGI work.
  17. Agents of Shield: Season 4 - Awesome season with a very good two-part story line. Ghost Rider was movie quality all around (casting, acting, visuals, story) and fit perfectly into the story. Tons of fun with a lot of great emotion.
  18. Thor: Ragnarok - While I still find this movie to be a bit too much of a Taika Waititi film and not enough an MCU film, I've grown to like this movie more over time. Yes, it does go too comedy heavy, but I appreciate Marvel trying something new.
  19. Spider-Man: Far From Home - Fun unique movie with an amazing cast and lots of twists. While Mysterio was well-acted and fun, his start-end motivations fell short a bit.
  20. Ant-Man and the Wasp - Fun, hilarious smaller-stakes movie that is truly enjoyable to watch. However, the villains are forgettable and I found myself wishing for more emotional depth. Not quite as good as the first one.
  21. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Huge on the laughs, fun and heart, but a little mediocre on the story and substance. Also, went a little overboard at times where things got a bit campy. Characters were more fun than story.
  22. Jessica Jones: Season 1- Series filled with great actors, great drama, and one of the best villains in the MCU (Kilgrave)
  23. Luke Cage: Season 2 - Awesome season with lots of emotional depth, great story-telling, superb multi-dimensional villains and improved action. It also improved upon many so-so characters from S1.
  24. Iron Man 2 – Many will mock me, but I really enjoyed this movie and actually enjoyed it more than Iron Man 3. Make fun of me all you want, but I thought Whiplash was alright. I think this movie gets unfairly criticized.
  25. Doctor Strange - This was a Marvel formulaic origin story with some ground-breaking visual effects, a mediocre villain, an innovative ending, and some great characters. However, its biggest problem was probably how they introduced magic and the limiting weird rules around it.
  26. Jessica Jones: Season 3 - Much improved from S2 with good villains and a vast improvement to Trish/Hellcats character. Good wrap-up to the series.
  27. Avengers: Age of Ultron – Fun movie, but suffered from too much CGI action, too many characters, and too many storylines.
  28. Iron Man 3 – Just never really got into this one, and it probably had something to do with the big Mandarin villain twist. Also never really liked Killian either. Again, I surprisingly like Iron Man 2 better
  29. Thor– Don’t know what it is, but I just never got into this storyline or villains as much as the others. However, it is growing on me over time and I now like this more than Thor: The Dark World
  30. Captain Marvel - Decent origin story that fit well into MCU canon, but lacked the charisma, vulnerabilities, and charm I wanted from its main character
  31. Agent Carter: Season 1 – Loved the period timepiece aspect of this. Great show with good movie tie-ins.
  32. Luke Cage: Season 1 - Loved the music angle, Cottonmouth was great, loved the first 4 episodes. However, after the big twist, the second half of the season really went downhill.
  33. Thor: The Dark World – Criticize me if you will, but I liked this movie more than probably most, but after re-watching it recently, it did fall some in my rankings.
  34. Runaways: Season 2 - Much improved from S1 with more action, more suspense, better budget, and better writing. Still suffers from some weak-link child actors.
  35. Agents of Shield: Season 2 – Liked the less cheese and more serious tone than the first season. Also, loved the Inhuman’s storyline. Used to hate Skye, but now don’t mind her.
  36. The Incredible Hulk – Good movie, but not great. Never liked Norton for the role or the look they gave Hulk, so I was glad when the switch was made and they remade the Hulk's appearance.
  37. Agents of Shield: Season 6 - Decent story, acting and villains, but lacked from no tie-ins to Endgame or MCU canon at all
  38. Iron Fist: Season 2 - Good. Much better story, acting, villains and fighting than S1, but still suffers greatly from miscasting of Finn Jones
  39. Jessica Jones: Season 2 - Had some great character moments that draw you in as well as some decent pacing, but overall struggles mightily from being a really slow burn. Didn't love villain.
  40. Cloak and Dagger: Season 1 - Slower at times, but also good at times. Overall, this was a good season that just didn't stick the landing. Loved how they developed Cloak and Daggers powers.
  41. Cloak and Dagger: Season 2 - More consistent than S1, but with lower highs. Villain was just alright, but the effects and action for Cloak were spectacular.
  42. The Punisher: Season 2 - Amazing amped-up action sequences throughout (some of best in the MCU), but weighed down by poor writing and dialogue of certain characters.
  43. Runways: Season 1 - Had a good tone as well as some good character work throughout. However, the series lacked action, didn't have great action for what it had, and didn't really stick the landing.
  44. Agents of Shield: Season 1 – Struggled hardcore in the first half-dozen episodes, but then finally picked up when Winter Soldier story line set in and the cheese started to fade. Ended up decent.
  45. Agents of Shield: Season 3 - VERY up and down throughout. There was times I really liked what they were doing, whereas other times I didn't. Overall, the series got a little tired with too many forced fistfights and too much cheese.
  46. The Defenders: Season 1: Started out alright including a great hallway fight scene, but then fell apart from there, mostly dragged down by Iron Fist, poor storytelling, and poor dialogue.
  47. Agent Carter: Season 2 - Great actors and characters combined with a poor stand-alone story, which lacked substance and true stakes to the MCU
  48. Iron Fist: Season 1 - Terrible casting/acting for Danny Rand, boring story, poor fight sequences, and too low a budget resulted in Marvel TVs first major dud. Back half of season was better than front half.
  49. Runaways: Season 3 - Worsening characters, acting, and storytelling resulted in a tiresome season
  50. Inhumans - Garbage TV show. Bad acting, costumes, sets, directing, characterizations, special effects, and storytelling. This TV show was made fast and cheap as a money-grab and it shows.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
View attachment 79048

While part of me loves just seeing Hailee in costume, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit underwhelmed by the overall costume. It just seems kind of low-budget. Anyway, here is to hoping its just the first phase in an ever evolving and improving costume for her.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Tomorrow we are 5 weeks away from WandaVision on Disney+. I thought it might be a good refresher for what MCU, and Sony (marked by *), films are in the works for 2021. I made some best guesses for the MCU-Disney+ series that don't have official release dates yet, but I think these dates make sense.

Jan 15 - WandaVision
Feb - Falcon and the Winter Soldier
*March 19 - Morbius
April 1 - Loki (This HAS to be released on April Fool's Day, right?)
May 7 - Black Widow
*June 25 - Venom: Let There Be Carnage
July 9 - Shang Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings
Sept - Ms Marvel
Nov 5 - Eternals
*Dec 17 - Spider-Man 3
Dec - Hawkeye (Could be a 2022 release)

I'm not counting What If? as it's an animated series that doesn't really add to or impact the events in the MCU.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Pretty excited for Disney Investor Day today NGL. Finally get a true idea of how 2021 is gonna go.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Pretty excited for Disney Investor Day today NGL. Finally get a true idea of how 2021 is gonna go.

This NYT article states that Black Widow will be a theatrical release and is sticking to it's release date. There is apparently a big Star Wars announcement also, but I'll post that in the Expanded Universe thread.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Tomorrow we are 5 weeks away from WandaVision on Disney+. I thought it might be a good refresher for what MCU, and Sony (marked by *), films are in the works for 2021. I made some best guesses for the MCU-Disney+ series that don't have official release dates yet, but I think these dates make sense.

Jan 15 - WandaVision
Feb - Falcon and the Winter Soldier
*March 19 - Morbius
April 1 - Loki (This HAS to be released on April Fool's Day, right?)
May 7 - Black Widow
*June 25 - Venom: Let There Be Carnage
July 9 - Shang Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings
Sept - Ms Marvel
Nov 5 - Eternals
*Dec 17 - Spider-Man 3
Dec - Hawkeye (Could be a 2022 release)

I'm not counting What If? as it's an animated series that doesn't really add to or impact the events in the MCU.

Glad Eternals is way in November because I completely finished some products for it under the old deadline and they're just sitting ready to be made.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If you like kung fu movies Daredevil is a no brainer, the rest are hard to recommend. My 2 cents.

Yeah, Daredevil is totally the safest bet. Plus, the seasons for it only get better and better. However, I think if you do go the daredevil route, you'll see that The Punisher gets introduced in Daredevil S2, which works perfect for a springboard into that series as well. While S2 of the punisher isn't too bad, S1 is pretty spectacular and better. Just be prepared that both Daredevil and Punisher can get pretty violent at times. Language and sexuality in both are somewhat muted compared to other mature TV shows, but violence is not.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What do you think of the costumes for the characters. They gonna be cool?

Can't say much other than really excited.

So many of my projects destined for theaters and theme parks got mothballed. Some other countries were able to move ahead on kids titles in theaters, but the adult blockbusters all so delayed. November Eternals seems like the first title I already worked on where it could be a normal theatrical release. Video game related stuff is actually stronger than pre covid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron