Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
HBO Max has a 7 day free trial....

HBO max doesnt have a roku app but you can cast from android, and roku's update has home kit so you can share your screen from your iphone/ipad to the roku device, and get hbomax that way.

Yeah, unfortunately I've used that free trial up myself. No doubt a lot of people will take advantage of that for Wonder Woman.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Since it's Disney, I would fully expect them to put it on Disney+ to increase subscription numbers, in addition to an additional cost for the movie itself. With that being said, I could see my wife and I paying extra for this movie on Disney+. We also already subscribe to Disney+.

I'm skeptical of Disney+ doing much more to add subscribers. They currently have 74 million subscribers with basically no new content other than Mando. I mean are they going to get even 1 million more for Black Widow? I think it's doubtful. I think we'll see that 30.00 Mulan charge if we want to watch it.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
We'd do it for sure.

If my only option was to pay $30 extra like I did for Mulan, I would totally do it for a movie like Black Widow. However, if I had options and my option was to pay $30 extra or go to a movie theater to see it, I'd still choose go to a movie theater. I'm honestly shocked that any movie theaters are agreeing to this Wonder Woman release on both at the exact same time (maybe some won't???). A shortened theatrical window? Sure. Maybe at best concurrence with PPV, but concurrent with free on HBOMax??? Didn't see that coming.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm skeptical of Disney+ doing much more to add subscribers. They currently have 74 million subscribers with basically no new content other than Mando. I mean are they going to get even 1 million more for Black Widow? I think it's doubtful. I think we'll see that 30.00 Mulan charge if we want to watch it.
Mulan will be free for all Disney+ subscribers in a few weeks. The $30 was the “premium” access to watch the movie early.

WandaVision will also debut on Disney+ about 3 weeks after WW1984 drops on HBOMAX, so I have to think there are some MCU fans that will become subscribers for that series.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Regardless of how we all end up watching either Black Widow or WW2, I think we all need a unanimous hip hip hooray that we are FINALLY going to get our first major DC/Marvel movie in what seems like an eternity!!!!! No, New Mutants does not count and I was one who actually went to see it in theaters. Cheers everyone. Christmas and the end to 2020 can't come soon enough!!!!!! Lets get this vaccine going and let that backlog of content start flocking in like the salmon of Capistrono.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
HUGE news: Disney has hired the Molyneux sisters to write Deadpool 3. Ryan Reynolds had been involved in multiple writers meetings, so it sounds like he is on board with this decision. This is big as it was uncertain that Disney would proceed with making R-rated superhero films, but it looks like they are at least willing to look at a script for Deadpool 3.

The Molyneux sisters are Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin, and have worked on shows like Bob's Burgers and they have a new animated series coming to FOX in 2021 called The Great North.

Reactions: Triggermv

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
I've been in Isolation with COVID and just rewatched the entire MCU (ones available on Disney+ anyway) in timeline order. The only real reason for watching timeline order is seeing a better story arch for Fury. Phase 3 movies were generally far better than phase 1 and phase 2.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've been in Isolation with COVID and just rewatched the entire MCU (ones available on Disney+ anyway) in timeline order. The only real reason for watching timeline order is seeing a better story arch for Fury. Phase 3 movies were generally far better than phase 1 and phase 2.

Love to hear people's thoughts after a rewatch. Good work getting all through them again.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Actually I’m glad you brought this up because started watching Iron Man 1 the other day and realized that it makes more sense now to watch the movies in chronological order. Is this the order you watched them:
"Captain America: The First Avenger"
"Captain Marvel"
"Iron Man"
"Iron Man 2"
"The Incredible Hulk"
"Thor"
"The Avengers"
"Iron Man 3"
"Thor: The Dark World"
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
"Guardians of the Galaxy"
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2"
"Avengers: Age of Ultron"
"Ant-Man"
"Captain America: Civil War"

—This will be when Black Widow takes place——

"Black Panther"
"Spider-Man: Homecoming"
"Doctor Strange"
"Ant-Man and the Wasp"*
"Thor: Ragnarok"
"Avengers: Infinity War"
"Ant-Man and the Wasp" mid-credits scene
"Avengers: Endgame"
"Spider-Man: Far From Home"

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
"Disney+ has them in order the following way and that's how I watched."

"Captain America: The First Avenger"
"Captain Marvel"
"Iron Man"
"Iron Man 2"
"Thor"
"The Avengers"
"Thor: The Dark World"
"Iron Man 3"
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier"
"Guardians of the Galaxy"
"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2"
"Avengers: Age of Ultron"
"Ant-Man"
"Captain America: Civil War"
"Black Panther"
"Doctor Strange"
"Thor: Ragnarok"
"Ant-Man and the Wasp"*
"Avengers: Infinity War"
"Avengers: Endgame"

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Well, I think it is safe now to say Hailey Seinfeld is OFICIALLY Kate Bishop in the upcoming Hawkeye series when she is literally filmed shooting scenes. What a weird announcement of an actor for a part this one turned out to be. Count me as happy as she was my #1 choice.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Well, its not officially not just Jamie Fox coming back to be in the new Spider-Man movie, but Alfred Molina is now also returning to play Doctor Octopus

Honestly... I love the new Spider Man. This is absolutely ridiculous though.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
So I’ve watched all the movies in the series to date (chronologically) due to Covid. We just went through the entire agent carter series over the weekend and are looking for more MCU shows/movies to watch. Have not really watched agents of shield but figured that may be next. We have Disney plus and Netflix but don’t have any other platforms to watch from.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So I’ve watched all the movies in the series to date (chronologically) due to Covid. We just went through the entire agent carter series over the weekend and are looking for more MCU shows/movies to watch. Have not really watched agents of shield but figured that may be next. We have Disney plus and Netflix but don’t have any other platforms to watch from.
Have you watched/re-watched the Netflix-MCU series? Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and The Punisher? I’ve been watching some old fight scenes from The Punisher and they seem to hold up, but I cringe when I think of revisiting other series and if they still look good compared to other modern shows.

Speaking of Daredevil - the rights to the character officially went back to Disney a couple of weeks ago, so they could reintroduce the character in the MCU.

Help Support Us

Become a patron