Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Personally, I really am not a big fan of merging everything together through multi-verse. I prefer they stay separate. Just makes everything messing and ends up with a lot of lazy story-telling with no stakes. If wondering what I'm talking about, see the Arrowverse. I'm not saying that is NOT what they are going to do, but I sure hope not.
I feel like it can really confuse a casual viewer too.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I feel like it can really confuse a casual viewer too.

But is WandaVision a series for casual viewers? You can't really jump into this series without having watched how the relationship started and then disintegrated, which happened over 3 films: Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Infinity War.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
But is WandaVision a series for casual viewers? You can't really jump into this series without having watched how the relationship started and then disintegrated, which happened over 3 films: Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Infinity War.
Fair enough

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...son-2-the-series-will-get-a-new-title-a175809

This is a pretty interesting comment by the head of Disney+ saying that if these Disney+ Marvel Studios series end up getting second seasons, they will come back with new names rather than The Falcon and the Winter Soldier S2. I kind of like that and it makes each series feel more just like long movies within the MCU timeline.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...son-2-the-series-will-get-a-new-title-a175809

This is a pretty interesting comment by the head of Disney+ saying that if these Disney+ Marvel Studios series end up getting second seasons, they will come back with new names rather than The Falcon and the Winter Soldier S2. I kind of like that and it makes each series feel more just like long movies within the MCU timeline.

I kind of thought this would be the case. Iron Man & Guardians of the Galaxy are the only movie series that are numbered, so a "S2" doesn't really make sense if the Disney+ shows are an extension of the MCU. What piqued my interest is that there is the possibility of a second series with Anthony Mackie & Sebastian Stan. I kind of figured those actors would want to focus on making movies rather than juggling small-screen projects as well, but Henry Cavill doesn't seem to have a problem acting in both.

Something else I read yesterday is that the rights to Daredevil will revert back to Disney at the end of this year. Charlie Cox is unlikely to return as Matt Murdoch, but there is the possibility of a new series or cinematic version of the character that could appear in Phase 5.

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-marvel-studios-rights-regain-netflix-when/

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...-david-into-modok-confirms-showrunner-a176146

Looks like the scrapped New Warriors TV show that was slated for ABC would have included Modok. While it is fun to think about, I'm kind of glad the show didn't go through. Modok is one of those characters that I'm not saying they can't pull off in a believable manner, I'm just saying it won't be easy. Therefore, if Marvel is going to give it an attempt, I've got way more faith in Marvel Studios being able to do it successfully than the completely hit or miss Marvel TV. Plus, Modok is the type of character that needs the bigger Marvel Studios budget over the much smaller Marvel TV budget to truly give him justice as well. However, to Marvel TV's credit, I will say they did a pretty good job with Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield on a limited budget, but there is no doubt even they would admit they had to temper back his appearances and what those looked like to stay within their constraints.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...-david-into-modok-confirms-showrunner-a176146

Looks like the scrapped New Warriors TV show that was slated for ABC would have included Modok. While it is fun to think about, I'm kind of glad the show didn't go through. Modok is one of those characters that I'm not saying they can't pull off in a believable manner, I'm just saying it won't be easy. Therefore, if Marvel is going to give it an attempt, I've got way more faith in Marvel Studios being able to do it successfully than the completely hit or miss Marvel TV. Plus, Modok is the type of character that needs the bigger Marvel Studios budget over the much smaller Marvel TV budget to truly give him justice as well. However, to Marvel TV's credit, I will say they did a pretty good job with Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield on a limited budget, but there is no doubt even they would admit they had to temper back his appearances and what those looked like to stay within their constraints.

I also am not a fan of adding MODOK to the MCU because of the CGI complications, but the casting of Keith David was perfect.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I also am not a fan of adding MODOK to the MCU because of the CGI complications, but the casting of Keith David was perfect.

As much as I tend to be with you, at the same time, Feige has earned my benefit of the doubt, so I'd hold judgement back until I see him. Now, if some other studio like Sony said they wanted to included Modok in one of their movies, I'd have A LOT less faith.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I thought Jim Carrey was up for a cinematic Modok?

Hadn't heard that at all, but he might be good I guess. If you haven't seen the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie yet, its really a charming fun movie, and Jim Carey is FANTASTIC as the villain Dr. Robotnik. He was the best part of the movie. It truly is Carey back in his prime. My kids loved that movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Russo brothers could be talked into coming back for the 1984 "Secret Wars" storyline.

Make it so.

Reactions: Triggermv

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Hadn't heard that at all, but he might be good I guess. If you haven't seen the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie yet, its really a charming fun movie, and Jim Carey is FANTASTIC as the villain Dr. Robotnik. He was the best part of the movie. It truly is Carey back in his prime. My kids loved that movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Yeah, watched hesitantly and ended up really liking it. Marsden and Carrey are fantastic together.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yeah, watched hesitantly and ended up really liking it. Marsden and Carrey are fantastic together.

It was one of those few movies where I saw the trailers and thought the movie looked terrible, but then I gave it a shot, and absolutely loved it. Really glad the studio listened to fans as well after that first trailer and redesigned the character as their final look for Sonic was much better.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Josh Tranks Fantastic 4 (Fant4stic) movie is now on Disney+ making it the first Fox-Marvel film to make it to the platform. Hopefully the X-Men films aren’t far behind.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Josh Tranks Fantastic 4 (Fant4stic) movie is now on Disney+ making it the first Fox-Marvel film to make it to the platform. Hopefully the X-Men films aren’t far behind.

I know the Fox X-Men movies are already on there in certain countries. It all depends on the calendar of streaming rights per country. I have no doubt that all those movies would already be on there in the U.S. if they weren't already under contract in other places. Its just a matter of letting those contracts run out their duration before Disney can transition them to Disney+. If I remember right, I still think it will be a while before that happens.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

why would they do that to us?:D

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...is-next-appearance-as-j-jonah-jameson-a176223

JK Simmons recently said that he has already filmed another J. Jonah Jameson appearance and already said there is plans for another. What is big about this is that if he has already filmed another one, it most certainly would have to be either for Venom 2 or Morbius, and not the next upcoming Spider-Man MCU movie, beings how that one hasn't started filming yet. Therefore, like Vulture appearing in the Morbius trailers, J. Jonah Jameson will be yet another link tying in the SPUMC (Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters) and the MCU. A lot of people were already speculating J.K. might make an appearance in one of those movies, but now this quote pretty much confirms it, providing his scenes don't get cut.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm extremely intrigued by how tied/not tied Sony's SPUMC and Marvel's MCU will be tied and coordinated. It's clear that the previous Marvel/Sony Spider-Man deal ultimately was the keep them separate for now, but nobody knows what the new deal holds. Maybe it will include intense coordination between Marvel and Sony or maybe it will be more like the Marvel Netflix shows where the referencing was only one-directional. It is also possible they just both do their own thing and don't care about continuity, or maybe just let them both exist in two multi-verse universes. There is lots of ways it could go. It really does get complicated the more you think about it.

Last edited: