Mangino tweet

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Mangino and Rhoads were oil and water
What was the riff between them? Mangino not wanting to follow Rhoads' direction, character clash? Wonder if it was bad did Rhoads have misgivings about hiring him in first place? How long was Mangino here, 2 years?

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
What was the riff between them? Mangino not wanting to follow Rhoads' direction, character clash? Wonder if it was bad did Rhoads have misgivings about hiring him in first place? How long was Mangino here, 2 years?

On a recent podcast, CW said Mangino came to ISU and actively tried to get CPR fired so he could be the HC.

• Wow
Reactions: t-noah

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
lol I had no idea that Rhoads at twitter or Mangino was still around until this weekend. Good to see they can both root for ISU

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
On a recent podcast, CW said Mangino came to ISU and actively tried to get CPR fired so he could be the HC.
Which is odd....as Manginos son was on staff before dad....weird all around....certainly a "swing for the fences" hire....missed the ball lol

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Which is odd....as Manginos son was on staff before dad....weird all around....certainly a "swing for the fences" hire....missed the ball lol

No he wasn’t. There was a spot and rhoads let mangino fill it with his kid.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
No he wasn’t. There was a spot and rhoads let mangino fill it with his kid.
Gotcha....I didn't remember the order...but kid stayed after? Again, minor details.....but like many, looking forward to the tell all book in the future

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Gotcha....I didn't remember the order...but kid stayed after? Again, minor details.....but like many, looking forward to the tell all book in the future

Yep, he stayed after. Although it was something like 4 games or so and then Rhoads got fired.

Reactions: CapnCy

SpringCreekCY

Oct 13, 2014

Nope, 2 long if I remember correctly

• Haha
Reactions: t-noah

Help Support Us

Become a patron