Longhorns to CBI?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Embarrassing for Texas, if true.

I'm so glad Iowa State never played in that garbage during the lean McDermott years.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Is it honestly worth participating in though? Doesn't it usually costs the schools money?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
If you have a young team, it makes sense to play this as it gets them tournament experience. Just look at the 2 big conference teams in it, Texas and Purdue. Both are very young teams.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It kinda makes sense for them. Their young players will get to play more basketball and they will get to play on a neutral court because no fans will be there. I don't think it is that embarrassing when most people probably won't notice.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Tom Penders ‏@TomPenders
That would be a great matchup. Like in 2010, I would favor the Cougars. Much better offensive team. They RUN.! UH= building, UT= imploding.!
That site also says Nebraska is being talked about for the CBI. This tournament is going to be loaded.
Ive said this before, I follow texas hoops way more than texas baseball and like all, are trumped by football. This is foolish. Laughingstock of the Big 12. Tech and TCU are laughing. an away game at Houston? is this the real life? Jesus. Derka could never ever persuade to me that this team right now can end up like Kansas in 4 years like his thread.

I can't believe this. I follow 2 schools mainly in the NCAA. Texas and NDSU.on one side I see this school embarrassed by riches, top of the line recruits, facilities, stadiums, fan base and money. NDSU is doing well but like texas has a huge(used loosely) following in football compared to other revenue sports. Theyre excited their season continues @ western michigan. I dont follow NDSU bball like I follow Texas bball, but if it so happens that these 2 teams meet in the championship of the CBI...i may just take up theater. forget basketball for the rest of my life.

Last edited: