Apr 11, 2006

Dr1P9nNVAAAOI6w.jpg:large

Reactions: oldman

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I apologize if this is covered with the WatchESPN discussion, but what about the ESPN+ option? It's $4.99/month and gives access to many things you don't get thru regular cable options. I remember doing a free trial this summer to watch an out-of-market baseball game.

LHN shows as an option with ESPN+. Wondering if paying for that for a month will give us the ability to watch on mobile devices.

I don't think ESPN+ is an option. I asked that earlier and was told no.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I don't think ESPN+ is an option. I asked that earlier and was told no.

I also think I saw some LHN thumbnails when I had an espn+ trial, but don't remember.

PSVue free trial it is! It is a pretty slick service. (I've used it w Amazon FireTV)

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
You should be able to use the DishNetwork login on WatchESPN to get the HD stream there. Also my DishAnywhere will stream HD if the channel that I'm streaming is in HD, which LHN is.
I tried just watching the current program so I think there was just no HD feed of the program. Either way, i'll get to watch it. Hopefully. I'll have to try ESPN again but it said I didn't have authorization last time.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Stop making good points and let me be an irrational fan! ;)

Hey, I totally get it. I have access to LHN so it really isn't that big of a deal for me but I also know there are a lot of fans who won't have options.

Reactions: Scott34

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
And use a free trial I can then delete?

Yes that worked for me previously - free trial could be logged into the Roku/FireTV app or on laptop-to-tv w/ USB. Try it before Saturday to be sure! :) When I did last year I ended up keeping PSVue for a few months...So I'll have to use a different CC+email this time.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yes that worked for me previously - free trial could be logged into the Roku/FireTV app or on laptop-to-tv w/ USB. Try it before Saturday to be sure! :) When I did last year I ended up keeping PSVue for a few months...So I'll have to use a different CC+email this time.
Thank you sir. You just made multple clones happy.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
I'm able to watch LHN on the ESPN app using my Directvnow login in Des Moines.

ClonePower20

Mar 26, 2014
I have playstation vue core and don't have longhorn network, also can't get it on watch ESPN with playstation vue login. I'm not sure you can get LHN in this state with vue.

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Thank you sir. You just made multple clones happy.

TRUST BUT VERIFY!! :) Everything I said was true of my past experience w PSVue, but looking a bit more into the LHN part, it looks like the LHN is on the PSVue Sports Pack, which is also available for a free trial. So the question becomes - can you "Free Trial" the Sports Pack while you are "Free Trialing" PSVue? PSVue Free trial is only 5 days long, so will have to wait until tomorrow to test.

If so, you need to "Free Trial" one of the better PSVue options (e.g. not the "access" essential package, at least Core or Elite (Ultra not available for free trial))
1- https://vue.playstation.com/subscription/browse/baseplans?_z=50023&smcid=pdc:us-en:web-pdc-network-vue-faq-channels:visualrow-subscribe:null:

2- https://vue.playstation.com/subscription/browse/addons?_z=50023&smcid=pdc:us-en:web-pdc-network-vue-faq-channels:visualrow-subscribe:null:
Sports Pack add-on requires a Core, Elite or Ultra subscription. Channels, content, device availability, features, and prices subject to change. One free trial of Sports Pack valid for new subscribers of the Sports Pack. A credit card is required to redeem your free trial, but you won't be charged for this trial. Free trial begins when you click Submit. Unless you cancel before the end of the free trial, it will automatically convert to a paid subscription and you will be charged $10 every month until you cancel.

Reactions: Bader

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I have playstation vue core and don't have longhorn network, also can't get it on watch ESPN with playstation vue login. I'm not sure you can get LHN in this state with vue.

You have to add on the sports package. If you haven't ever added it, you probably have a 5 day trial waiting for you.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa

You have to get the Sports Pack which has a 7 day free trial (scroll down to the standalong section here: https://vue.playstation.com/subscri...q-channels:visualrow-subscribe:null:)...going to have to see tomorrow if you can free trial the Sports Pack while free trialing the general PSVue. Given that the PSVue trial is 5 days long, I'm losing optimism...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This game isn't going to stop the outflow of subscriptions and carriers dropping the LHN. Across the entire US, maybe a handful of incremental LHN subscriptions are permanently made as a result of this game.

ESPN's hands are tied, otherwise they would yank this from LHN in a heartbeat. The LHN is a dying failure and ESPN knows it.

Definitely agree. All you have to do is look at the games that have been on the LHN each year. It has been KU or ISU each year. Obviously they just didn't do their homework and think ISU was going to be any different and good this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron