Lindell Wigginton

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not watching today but what I've seen from Preston the prior 2 times is exactly what I'm reading on here. He's talented but whatever.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
How tall do you think he looks? He doesn't look 6-1 to me. He's quick and can take it to the rim; looks like he's been hitting the gym. Gonna be a great player for us.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
So Washingon hires Michael Porter's dad, AND he transfers to play at the high school where Brandon Roy was just given the head coaching job (he played at Washington). Wow that's some shady stuff. Too bad Romar can't coach and all the player fathers he hires as assistants don't offer him much help. He's a shadier, even more underacheiving version of Travis Ford.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
ESPN is still knob slobbering over Porter. This would probably annoy me more if he hadn't rocked it today in that game. Damn, kid can play.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
billy preston is going to be a great ku villain, assuming bill self doesn't kick him out of any of his first 10 practices.

wiggington a completely different player than morris - will be fun to watch him take it to the rim and make free throws.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So Washingon hires Michael Porter's dad, AND he transfers to play at the high school where Brandon Roy was just given the head coaching job (he played at Washington). Wow that's some shady stuff. Too bad Romar can't coach and all the player fathers he hires as assistants don't offer him much help. He's a shadier, even more underachieving version of Travis Ford.

Public HS with seven incoming transfers in one year. Man, that had to piss of the other schools in that conference even if three are Porters who didn't just flip from another HS.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Public HS with seven incoming transfers in one year. Man, that had to piss of the other schools in that conference even if three are Porters who didn't just flip from another HS.
They were 3-18 last year, and since Brandon Roy took over they have not lost a game. Got both the Porter brothers and some solid guys around them. I dont know the transfer rules out there, but you'd think that raise some questions. Although, I am sure everyone in the state of Washington would want to play for B Roy

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Damn, we are very lucky to have Wigginton. I am extremely impressed. Love everything about his game.

Billy Preston is solid, but also a ball hog. I hope he continues that at KU.

Michael Porter Jr. is just amazing. Too bad Washingtons coach appears to be like Dave Rice. Must not be able to coach if he can't win games with the talent he's getting

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
No, I mean by having several multipurpose forwards and guards. We're adding height as well. Prohn isn't a 1-5 guy, obviously.

In watching Wigginton play a few times this year, his game reminds me of KUs Mason. Ultra quick off he dribble and can score at the basket or from 3.

As a fan I like your optimism. Why does next year HAVE to be a lost or transition year. Sure we are transitioning from a Hoiberg/TJ roster to a Prohm recruited roster and won't have some of the iconic players we have gotten familiar with over the past four years.

Guards
Jackson, Wigginton and Babb is a solid group. All 3 can be 8-12 ppg scorers. All 3 can be a primary ballhandler. All 3 can be tough on ball defenders. Any offensive production from Lewis, Long & McNeill is a bonus. I would expect the coaches to go after a wing JUCO or grad transfer proven scorer.

The coaches have some serious recruiting this spring. We need a post scorer- JUCO or grad transfer. Ideally, the kid would also be a rim protector to compliment Soloman Young's physical play.

The group of Carter, Kasonga and Lard might provide the post depth we need. The coaches should have a pretty good idea based on practices this spring. If not, we are in the market for a JUCO or grad transfer.

That roster is lacking name players, but the group of players could create a very competitive team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In watching Wigginton play a few times this year, his game reminds me of KUs Mason. Ultra quick off he dribble and can score at the basket or from 3.

As a fan I like your optimism. Why does next year HAVE to be a lost or transition year. Sure we are transitioning from a Hoiberg/TJ roster to a Prohm recruited roster and won't have some of the iconic players we have gotten familiar with over the past four years.

Guards
Jackson, Wigginton and Babb is a solid group. All 3 can be 8-12 ppg scorers. All 3 can be a primary ballhandler. All 3 can be tough on ball defenders. Any offensive production from Lewis, Long & McNeill is a bonus. I would expect the coaches to go after a wing JUCO or grad transfer proven scorer.

The coaches have some serious recruiting this spring. We need a post scorer- JUCO or grad transfer. Ideally, the kid would also be a rim protector to compliment Soloman Young's physical play.

The group of Carter, Kasonga and Lard might provide the post depth we need. The coaches should have a pretty good idea based on practices this spring. If not, we are in the market for a JUCO or grad transfer.

That roster is lacking name players, but the group of players could create a very competitive team.

I think of Wigginton as a bigger Mason too

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves