Lazard on Packer roster

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Dwight was more used as a kick returner. What teams kept him around for. Now he’s wandering around hawkeye tailgates asking college women or 25 and under women if they “want to ****”, in his words. Friends daughter graduated from dentistry school there and was at a game in 2018 and said Timmy asked them that and when turned down they watched him weave to different groups of women.

It's funny because it's the complete opposite of an NFL Hawk guy like Nate Kaeding, who has actually made a positive impact on Iowa City since I've lived here.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Dwight was more used as a kick returner. What teams kept him around for. Now he’s wandering around hawkeye tailgates asking college women or 25 and under women if they “want to ****”, in his words. Friends daughter graduated from dentistry school there and was at a game in 2018 and said Timmy asked them that and when turned down they watched him weave to different groups of women.

giphy.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's funny because it's the complete opposite of an NFL Hawk guy like Nate Kaeding, who has actually made a positive impact on Iowa City since I've lived here.

Timmy has not been a positive influence. Every business that I’ve heard him associated with has seemed to fall apart. He was at my house many years ago to get me to install a boatload of solar panels for a business. His numbers were whack. When you would ask him a question he would try using words that he thought made him sound smart but would just confuse the both of us. Best to find a job for him in some remote country to help us and hurt them.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Timmy has not been a positive influence. Every business that I’ve heard him associated with has seemed to fall apart. He was at my house many years ago to get me to install a boatload of solar panels for a business. His numbers were whack. When you would ask him a question he would try using words that he thought made him sound smart but would just confuse the both of us. Best to find a job for him in some remote country to help us and hurt them.

Iowa's Lenny Dykstra?

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Has Lazard done a Lambeau Leap yet? I don't think he did it on his first TD catch.....and I can't find a vid. of him doing it yet. Please post if he has. still looking.
I like Cheese.

Reactions: SCyclone

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Was curious as to whether Lazard's contract was up this year or not. According to OTC: https://overthecap.com/player/allen-lazard/7167/ it is.

Will be interesting to see if he makes it to free agency, or if the packers lock him up. So much fun watching him this year.

Sounds like Aaron Rodgers really likes him. I hope the Pack lock him up. Packers still need to draft a second or third receiver though. I think Allan has beat out the rest of the Geranamo Allison types on the team and is becoming that second receiver. Valdez Scantling has all the talent. I don't think Aaron is a big fan of his though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was curious as to whether Lazard's contract was up this year or not. According to OTC: https://overthecap.com/player/allen-lazard/7167/ it is.

Will be interesting to see if he makes it to free agency, or if the packers lock him up. So much fun watching him this year.

I don’t know if he still has the same rules as the people who get contracts the first year, thinking its for three years and set by where they do or don’t get drafted. If not, I would think the packers would give at least that 750k/year deal. Packers need a speed guy right now. Hopefully AL has been saving a chunk of his earnings because you never know how long you have. If you can live conservatively a 3 year contract can get you some solid footing. Fred did that with the Pacers and was financially set, according to Johnny, after about that many years there.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Sounds like Aaron Rodgers really likes him. I hope the Pack lock him up. Packers still need to draft a second or third receiver though. I think Allan has beat out the rest of the Geranamo Allison types on the team and is becoming that second receiver. Valdez Scantling has all the talent. I don't think Aaron is a big fan of his though.
St Brown hasn’t been mentioned lately, not sure if he was cut. I do know they had one guy, forget his name, who was a WR who screwed up mightily the first couple weeks and was shown the door and that helped AL some. Kummerrow and Allison will be who he battles. Rumors of OBJ talking with the Pack, I hope not because he seems like a cancer.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines

To be honest, Adams and Lazard are the only WRs we have that might be kept. MVS won't be cut but i don't see Allison or Kumerow being kept. And Graham won't get resigned ... what a waste he has been.

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Personally, I don't think he makes it to free agency. Rodgers obviously trusts him as he has gone to him in very important late game situations. Plus he's the best run blocking wide receiver on the team. I think AL gets paid in green bay. something like 3 yrs. 15 mil. would not surprise me at all.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
St Brown hasn’t been mentioned lately, not sure if he was cut. I do know they had one guy, forget his name, who was a WR who screwed up mightily the first couple weeks and was shown the door and that helped AL some. Kummerrow and Allison will be who he battles. Rumors of OBJ talking with the Pack, I hope not because he seems like a cancer.

Are you thinking of Sheppard? Yeah he went to the Raiders i think.

Allison won't be back. He hasn't done anything all year and has like 4 fumbles I think.

Im not sure what to think about Kumerow. A lot of fans seem to love him and want him to get more reps but i just don't see it. He gets the occasional big play but nothing as consistent as Lazard.

here's a cool tweet about the snap count the last few games:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
To be honest, Adams and Lazard are the only WRs we have that might be kept. MVS won't be cut but i don't see Allison or Kumerow being kept. And Graham won't get resigned ... what a waste he has been.

I don't follow Green Bay (well, until Allen) but this seems like a head scratcher to me. Is Graham a victim of the new offense or just not good or what?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are you thinking of Sheppard? Yeah he went to the Raiders i think.

Allison won't be back. He hasn't done anything all year and has like 4 fumbles I think.

Im not sure what to think about Kumerow. A lot of fans seem to love him and want him to get more reps but i just don't see it. He gets the occasional big play but nothing as consistent as Lazard.

here's a cool tweet about the snap count the last few games:

Sheppard sounds right.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
I don't follow Green Bay (well, until Allen) but this seems like a head scratcher to me. Is Graham a victim of the new offense or just not good or what?

He has been super inconsistent for GB. Drops a lot of easy catches and generally just doesn't get open. Rodgers needs WRs who are able to get open when the play is broken, Jimmy can't do that at all. He will drop a wide open pass (like on sunday to start the game) and then somehow catch a really contested ball the next drive. it's weird but he won't be back. We also have a rookie TE that just came off IR a few weeks ago that they are pretty high on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think GB has a bunch of big possession receivers and they can take the place of graham. Graham has also been hurt.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Regardless of where he goes, he’s earned a contract.

My Niners could use a good pairing with Emmanuel Sanders.....

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Go check out his stats. They're no better than Lazards, and GB can save 8 mill against the cap by cutting him for next year according to OTC.

As a chiefs fan, I know I've been spoiled with Tony G. and Travis K., but there are so many young tight ends out there right now that you can't justify paying Jimmy Graham $11 mill in bonus and salary next year.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone