Last Chance U - Netflix Documentary

Clone Nation

Aug 1, 2018
not only does malik have some anxiety and depression problems, but I’m not sure he even wants to play football - seems a lot to me like football is his dad’s dream
Apparently, his dad came back into his life around his freshman year and forced him to give up baseball (his dream) for football.

I stopped watching after 3 episodes, ****** team, ****** coaches, ****** season.

• Creative
Reactions: Bigman38

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The Texas Tech receiver seemed to figure it out midway through the season and was the closest thing to a leader the team had.

I do feel a little bad for Malik. I think a lot of his issues stem from his father. In the last episode when his dad is talking about what he needs to work, Malik just has a broken look to him. He doesn't seem to have any passion for football, despite his great skill and football IQ.

The freshman LB is a heart-breaker. He seems like he was making a break-through at the end of the season and then got into legal trouble. A coach is this position has to be nervous anytime his players go home for an extended period of time.

Independence will have successful season but they won't ever win a national championship with that coach there. He's just not good at gameplans, and his ego is to big for him to get better.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Juco schools are all over the board. The small class Jucos are guys looking to catch on at D2, double A and a few hoping D1. The large class Jucos are where it gets interesting. You have academic issues, qualifying issues (sometimes same as academic), character issues and booted off players, along with a few who are still tying to prove they are D1. It has to be the toughest job in the football coaching world.

kccyclone3

May 16, 2015
Jason Brown is absolutely intolerable on this show. Between referring to himself in third person and then just the way he speaks to his players and assistants I don't know how anyone could play for him.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I loved getting away from Scuba Mississippi and the introduction to coach Jason Brown and his Independence football team. I love the guy. Not if he’s coaching my kid, but from a pure entertainment perspective, coach Brown is literally money in the bank for Netflix.

I’m really looking forward to season 4 and the return to Independence. And I’m calling it now, coach doesn’t make it through the season without a suspension or getting fired at seasons end.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Isaiah Wright has to be thanking his lucky stars tonight. I thought they’d lock him away for the next 40years.

• Agree
Reactions: s_ford
D

Deleted member 8507

Was just wondering how Independence JUCO was doing in football this year. They were the team on Last Chance U last season and turned things around, had a decent season with their bombastic coach. They started the season ranked top ten, won their first game and have since lost four straight. They play at Iowa Western (currently #3) this weekend. I wonder if they will even be able to show any of their footage since the coach was a total d*wad last season when things went relatively well. Instead of only one F word per sentence, it is probably up to 3-4 F's per sentence this season.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
  • Funny
Reactions: demoncore1031

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
New season drops today. With that Coach I'm sure it will be a **** storm.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Been watching. I wouldn't let Brown within 100 miles of my program if I were an AD, at any level.

I agree. I would be embarrassed to have my son play for a coach who gets violent and breaks stuff and goes that goofy on refs

D

Deleted member 8507

Some player wearing a lot of ISU stuff, we have one drop down to ICC?
I just started watching today. Anyone know who this is? At least he is not one of the trouble makers.

Attachments

• LCU.JPG
    LCU.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron