KU reportedly hiring Buffalo's Leipold (not Monken)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why wouldn't a .500 MAC coach jump at the first P5 opportunity he has at age 56?

He's not getting anymore P5 offers at this stage of his life.
Thus the “retirement planning”. Replete with a golden parachute he’d never have glimpsed at Buffalo.

Reactions: surly

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ku has a $300 million Memorial Stadium item before the regents. But it's based on a lot of private funding that's yet to materialize. Memorial is the only stadium in the B12 that hasn't undergone major renovations the past decade.
It's a dump. Literally. I think they used have toilets in semis beyond the end zone because Edwin Arceo went in one for a while and came out to a round of a applause after dropping one.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's a dump. Literally. I think they used have toilets in semis beyond the end zone because Edwin Arceo went in one for a while and came out to a round of a applause after dropping one.
How in the HELL did you come up with that tidbit of information?

Never mind...I probably don't want to know.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How in the HELL did you come up with that tidbit of information?

Never mind...I probably don't want to know.
I was at that one. Football tix at KU are cheaper than a movie theater ticket because their fan base sucks:

There used to be a semi trailer bathroom on the track.
Edwin Arceo went in and had to drop a deuce (it took a while), and came out running and was getting a huge ovation from the ISU fans. He gave a fist bump and was smiling on his way to the bench.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

200.gif

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU upgrading talent by bringing in a bunch of MAC transfers is fascinating to think about. This also kind of reeks of mere-exposure phenomenon.
Buffalo would have kicked Kansas' butt last season so the vast majority of their players would be an upgrade to the KU roster.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Buffalo would have kicked Kansas' butt last season so the vast majority of their players would be an upgrade to the KU roster.

Lets get serious, Morningside would have given KU a run for their money...

• Haha
Reactions: Gorm

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Is it a little crappy to leave your employer and then poach a bunch of players too? It's probably good for the players to get more exposure, and probably they love their coach or they wouldn't have gone to Buffalo. But idk, it does seem kind of kicking Buffalo on the way out the door.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Is it a little crappy to leave your employer and then poach a bunch of players too? It's probably good for the players to get more exposure, and probably they love their coach or they wouldn't have gone to Buffalo. But idk, it does seem kind of kicking Buffalo on the way out the door.
What happened to "players should be able to transfer to play for whoever they want at wherever they want"?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Lets get serious, Morningside would have given KU a run for their money...
Just glad to see some new bodies coming in. KU still doesn't have a viable QB so they are still going to be pretty terrible but this at least may help them look a little more like a D1 team.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone