KU Game Predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Score Prediction

• Lose by 15+

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Lose by 8-14

Votes: 32 6.4%
  • Lose by 1-7

Votes: 79 15.9%
  • Win by 1-7

Votes: 120 24.1%
  • Win by 8-14

Votes: 212 42.7%
  • Win by 15+

Votes: 50 10.1%

• Total voters

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I said before Baylor whoever made a mistake would lose....well...we made several...had some big calls go the wrong way....and STILL could have won.

So i think this week similar.....whoever can make a big play and/or not turn over wins. I think Clones by 10.....i also could see a scenario where we are "clicking" and maybe do rattle off one big play (pick 6) and the fans start leaving in the 3rd :)

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
KU + the refs win. KU cinderella story is more important and ISU.
I get it, and I am just as angry about the poor officiating in the Baylor game as anyone. I never claimed the calls cost Iowa State the game. I would, however, love to see ISU play Baylor again without those atrocious one-sided calls and may the best team win.

If the calls go against us, well, that is a life lesson coaches keep talking about -- in this case the need to fight through adversity and still be successful.

And with that being said, I think ISU wins this game.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
TBH they're scheme is worrisome because I don't know how much lateral quickness our LB's are. Down hill I love em - moving laterally , IDK. It will be a massive test.

I think it comes down to ST and turnovers. If our special teams can be as solid as they were last week and we manage to win or play the turnover battle to a draw - I think we win. Nothing earth shattering there as far as football goes.

They're going to score - we can score. So that's where those two I think might really come down to the difference

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Honestly I think that ISU will come out with a fire lit under their a$$ after last weeks game. I'm just always scared about a team with momentum who think they can win every game. If we can put a spy on Jalen Daniels, I feel good. If we don't I feel the good guys lose. 31-28 KU.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm surprised to see so many people sucking Jayhawk wieners this week. KU is NOT gonna run all over us. KU better than Baylor? Not even close. KU did not out recruit Bama or Notre Dame, yet a lot of you sure act like it. I trust that Heacock will figure out how to attack it. KU does NOT have the athletes that Baylor does. ISU should win it. With fair refs, they will.

WE WILL.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Honestly I think that ISU will come out with a fire lit under their a$$ after last weeks game. I'm just always scared about a team with momentum who think they can win every game. If we can put a spy on Jalen Daniels, I feel good. If we don't I feel the good guys lose. 31-28 KU.
Christ almighty….. Baylor had to use a trick, gadget play along with serious ref help to get to 31 points. And somehow KU is going to do the same thing? I don’t buy that for a second.

34-20 good guys

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
I've watched a lot of both teams this year. I'm pretty confident ISU will score a bunch against KU.
On the other side, their offense will be the best we've seen so far. I think our D is built to take away some of their big play ability, but their coaching staff seems to be good about making adjustments, so I expect them to figure out quickly where we are vulnerable and exploit it.
That said, if we can keep the pressure on them to score by getting ahead by 7-10 points, I think they tend to wear out and make mistakes a bit in the 4th quarter.

I'll say 38-31 ISU.

Reactions: VeloClone and Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I've watched a lot of both teams this year. I'm pretty confident ISU will score a bunch against KU.
On the other side, their offense will be the best we've seen so far. I think our D is built to take away some of their big play ability, but their coaching staff seems to be good about making adjustments, so I expect them to figure out quickly where we are vulnerable and exploit it.
That said, if we can keep the pressure on them to score by getting ahead by 7-10 points, I think they tend to wear out and make mistakes a bit in the 4th quarter.

I'll say 38-31 ISU.
I agree. I think people undervalue what they've been able to do just because they're KU. Very few thus far have an impressive schedule so you can't hold that only against them and not others. Likewise, we've been very inconsistent this year so you can't expect that we're the 2020 team right now.

Maybe we'll continue to get sharper and improve (very likely), but you can't say that we're proven and KU isn't when we honestly know very little about either team.

I think Iowa State wins and people are overstating the struggles against Baylor.... BUT, I also think people are stating expectations for this year based on talent and players that are no longer here.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
we are as talented as we ever have been except for at linebacker and maaaybe DL (Enyi is a loss but I think Lee is filling his shoes decently). They just don't have experience and the rest of the league is getting better, so the wins are harder to come by. I still expect a W against Kansas but it will not be easy. Just gotta hope that Heacock learned from the Baylor game; the Baylor playcalling was pretty good and led to some explosive plays. Kansas will be able to do the same thing if we let them.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I'm baffled so many people are picking KU to win this.

ISU:
Turnover Margin: tied @ #47. Excluding SEMO & Ohio (both are terrible) Dekkers has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns.
Passes Had Intercepted: tied @ #102.
Fewest total Penalties: tied @ #59.

Opponent Passing Yards Allowed:

SEMO: #86 for FCS!
Ohio: #131
Baylor: #71
Kansas: #100
Toe: #14, but their offense it terrible.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Why is everyone all over Kansas? Houston was massively overrated to start the year and Duke is one of the worst P5 squads. West Virginia has horrible defense and played absolutely poorly the game where Kansas won. Is Kansas a heck of a lot better than last year? Sure. That doesn't mean they're world beaters though. They're going to win more than 1 conference game, but I don't see them as a top half of the conference squad. They're going to challenge us more than last year, but this ISU team is a lot better than Kansas.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
(Sad) CMC is not of the same caliber as new coaches from Baylor, KU, KSU, OU, TT
are you seriously saying this? cmon now. Aranda is likely better, but you can't seriously tell me that you already think Klieman, Leipold, Venables and McGuire are all better than Campbell. its only been like 1/3 of a season for half these coaches.

• Dumb
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
(Sad) CMC is not of the same caliber as new coaches from Baylor, KU, KSU, OU, TT

veep-wtf.gif