KU 5 Star Transferring

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
No they also just signed Jalen Wilson who de committed from Michigan after Beilien left. Grimes just needs new scenery is my guess and closer to home considering its somewhat similar to Newman a few years ago. McD AA had a bad year, needing a new start.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
First the Aussie leagues, now the American conference pays better than KU? The times are a changin

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What could his justification for a waiver be? "I wasn't developed into a draft lottery pick, which impacted my earning potential"

No idea, but Grimes is from the Houston and I read that KU wouldn't help Grimes with NCAA to get the waiver due Sampson and Self being good friends.

Sounds a lot like Bolton situation where PSU has helped with his waiver.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I read this was a mutual parting. I think he will be trying to say that they didn't have a spot for him when he withdrew from the draft and that he was forced to transfer or something to that effect.

Fact is that he was pretty bad last year and for some reason the people around him think he is an NBA point guard when it is clear to me he doesn't have the quickness, athletic ability, shooting or handle to be able to do that. He didn't even have the quickness to get around most college guard let alone NBA guards.

• Agree
Reactions: randomfan44

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I read this was a mutual parting. I think he will be trying to say that they didn't have a spot for him when he withdrew from the draft and that he was forced to transfer or something to that effect.

Fact is that he was pretty bad last year and for some reason the people around him think he is an NBA point guard when it is clear to me he doesn't have the quickness, athletic ability, shooting or handle to be able to do that. He didn't even have the quickness to get around most college guard let alone NBA guards.

They still have a scholarship open.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
This transfer has been in the works for a while. Grimes just hadn't made up his mind on where he wanted to go yet. But he never had any intent on coming back to KU.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Grimes's camp is selling a story to the NBA folks that the reason he wasn't very good last year was because he didnt get the opportunity to play PG like he was in HS and that PG is his NBA position. He wasn't going to get any minutes as the primary PG at Kansas with Dotson back in Lawrence.

I saw nothing out of Grimes last season that makes me think he can be a good college level PG, let alone an NBA PG.

Some kids just have a hard time realizing that the peak of their basketball mountain isnt as high as they dreamed. Two more years of college hoops will certainly give him a better shot at the NBA than he had a month ago. Best of luck to the young man.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Grimes's camp is selling a story to the NBA folks that the reason he wasn't very good last year was because he didnt get the opportunity to play PG like he was in HS and that PG is his NBA position. He wasn't going to get any minutes as the primary PG at Kansas with Dotson back in Lawrence.

I saw nothing out of Grimes last season that makes me think he can be a good college level PG, let alone an NBA PG.

Some kids just have a hard time realizing that the peak of their basketball mountain isnt as high as they dreamed. Two more years of college hoops will certainly give him a better shot at the NBA than he had a month ago. Best of luck to the young man.
With this post he is now guaranteed to get drafted.