KSU Farmageddon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thoughts on Annual KSU Game

• Keep it Home/Home - Last Weekend

Votes: 99 53.5%
  • Keep it Home/Home - Move to Nicer Weather Date

Votes: 33 17.8%
  • I Could Go For Another 2 Year Arrowhead Game - Last Weekend

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • I Could Go For Another 2 Year Arrowhead Game - But Nicer Weekend

Votes: 36 19.5%

• Total voters

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It would be sweet if it was an actual tractor. Winning team's mascot would get to drive it out on the field for the next year's game. It'd get everyone riled up!

Get John Deere or whoever to donate an old-school - working 1917 tractor (The year both schools started playing each other.) Slap on some ISU and K-State logos on it, boom. Farmageddon!

12467682113_476272d291_b.jpg

1917 - Waterloo Boy

Our colors on one half KSU's on the other. That would be a cool trophy

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm a little surprised there isn't a trophy for the game. Ever since Mizzou left, it sucks not having a trophy game in conference for us.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Arrowhead was a great idea but neither fanbase really embraced it. K State is probably my favorite road trip, mainly bc its one of the closest (and relatively cheap tickets) but I like BSFS and have always had good experiences with their fans, so I like the idea of keeping things the way they are.
That is a misconception. Very simply, the series was not renewed because Bill Snyder vetoed the renewal. CPR was an advocate of each Big 12 playing a neutral site conference game to balance home vs away games due to the odd number of conference games. Obviously that school of thought has long since fizzled.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
There shouldn't be anyway conference neutral site games imo.

Why does every school in the league have to visit OU and/or Texas at their place while they get to play in a half & half Cotton Bowl? I respect tradition, but it's like the cowbells at MSU... should have never been grandfathered in. Everyone should play a real round robin in this league, no exceptions. If Red River is in Austin this year, does it turn out different? Texas was technically the home team this year. What about in Norman last year? It's a built-in advantage for the two most storied teams in the league to play an even fight each year where the better team is more likely to win. They avoid the usual ebb and flow and get consistency of scheduling.

• Disagree
Reactions: IASTATE07

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
. . . Why does every school in the league have to visit OU and/or Texas at their place while they get to play in a half & half Cotton Bowl? . . . Everyone should play a real round robin in this league, no exceptions. If Red River is in Austin this year, does it turn out different? . . . What about in Norman last year? It's a built-in advantage for the two most storied teams in the league to play an even fight each year where the better team is more likely to win. They avoid the usual ebb and flow and get consistency of scheduling.
umm . . . 1/2 the time it's a mild advantage and 1/2 the time a mild disadvantage? Confused by you eating your cake and somehow also still having the cake.

• Agree
Reactions: OfTheMellie

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Trophies seem to be going out of fashion. Don’t hear nearly as much about them as even 10 years ago. I’m sure the teams themselves still really care but seems like they are fading out of the public consciousness in the modern world.
What about Ribbons? Winning teams gets ribbons? The losing team would get ribbons but not as nice? You seem to have the connections to make this happen. Make it so.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’d rather play a true rival the last game of the season. Swap the dates for K-State and Iowa.
I’m guessing scheduling this would be a pain and Farta would never agree to it but I would definitely support this.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I’m guessing scheduling this would be a pain and Farta would never agree to it but I would definitely support this.
Don't Clemson & South Carolina play at the end of the season? I think the fact that (I agree with you) Barta doesn't want to do it is probably more of a stumbling block than scheduling. Look at how the SEC schedules tomato cans mid-late season. We could make it work...but won't. I think both schools would get as good or better gate from doing it at the end of the season.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
I enjoyed the Arrowhead games. Its unfortunate it started in a time when KSU was down (snyder had just came back from retirement if i recall) and CPR had just taken over for Chizik. I think the last couple years you would have seen near full capacity in KC for this game between these two fan bases (as long as you keep it in Sept or Oct for weather purposes).

Yes you give up a home game but you also remove an away game for one of those years and i'd take our chances on that! It's an easy day drive for both fan bases, and it has a great bowl game feel to it (arrowhead is LOUD). Plus playing in a NFL stadium is a recruiting tool (though not significant). I also think it would strengthen the rivalry... I'm all in, lets take it back to Arrowhead!

Reactions: WalkingCY