Kade Blume

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This is total crap. If I was a parent in that program I would be pissed. If I was the parent of the kid it happened to, I would likely be in jail.
Yeah ...wait till someone (anyone) in any activity gets suspended....this will be the schools litmus test

Reactions: bozclone

Cy1980

Jul 23, 2022
It's pretty disgusting how the school handled this. Practiced all season, missed quite a bit of class, sodomized a teammate, and been in more trouble.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
It's pretty disgusting how the school handled this. Practiced all season, missed quite a bit of class, sodomized a teammate, and been in more trouble.
Wait, this little ******** has been in more trouble since he sodomized the kid?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I suggest starting here and bombarding the Superintendent, AD and coach:

Sick little bastard admitted to doing it to by tried as a juvenile. So it’s not like a let the legal process play out situation. Kid needs a lifetime ban. Coach needs to fired, AD needs to be fired, Superintendent, all of them.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I suggest starting here and bombarding the Superintendent, AD and coach:

Sick little bastard admitted to doing it to by tried as a juvenile. So it’s not like a let the legal process play out situation. Kid needs a lifetime ban. Coach needs to fired, AD needs to be fired, Superintendent, all of them.
Probably shouldn't forget the school board

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That’s what happened here.

So the victim had to move away and the perp got to continue on as if nothing happened.

Absolutely makes me sick. This is why I get honestly pissed when old guys start railing on about kids these days.

There are a mountain of adults involved here, all who could make the right choice and nobody is. The adult wrestling coach is probably going to deflect by saying some bullcrap about how it's a school decision to continue to let him wrestle. If something this serious is out of your hands, resign. The AD is going to say it's the school board's decision. If he can't make the decision, resign. The school board, the same thing.

I hope opposing fans give him all kinds of hell all season. I hope his parents have to sit in the stands hearing it every meet. I hope people make signs and stand out front of the school as their bus pulls up. The fact this kid is going to skate by, miss three meets, and that's it is an absolute disgrace. Guys got worse punishments than that for having a beer in the summertime when I was in high school and that was more than 20 freaking years ago.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
The coaches lack courage if they are letting this kid wrestle. It doesn't matter where this happened at. We got kicked out of activities all the time for stuff we did away from school. He wouldn't wrestle for me.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So the victim had to move away and the perp got to continue on as if nothing happened.

Absolutely makes me sick. This is why I get honestly pissed when old guys start railing on about kids these days.

There are a mountain of adults involved here, all who could make the right choice and nobody is. The adult wrestling coach is probably going to deflect by saying some bullcrap about how it's a school decision to continue to let him wrestle. If something this serious is out of your hands, resign. The AD is going to say it's the school board's decision. If he can't make the decision, resign. The school board, the same thing.

I hope opposing fans give him all kinds of hell all season. I hope his parents have to sit in the stands hearing it every meet. I hope people make signs and stand out front of the school as their bus pulls up. The fact this kid is going to skate by, miss three meets, and that's it is an absolute disgrace. Guys got worse punishments than that for having a beer in the summertime when I was in high school and that was more than 20 freaking years ago.

They must be afraid of a civil suit? how else can they allow him to wrestle?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
They must be afraid of a civil suit? how else can they allow him to wrestle?

Again, if they feel like they are afraid of a civil suit and they feel like they have no power, resign.

I mean this sincerely I don't care how much my kid loved wrestling (and I have two kids in youth wrestling now) if there was a kid on his team who did this and faced zero consequences he wouldn't be on that team. If he wanted to continue to wrestle he could do club wrestling or he could enroll in another school.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I saw the video of a kid getting bullied/punched at Ankeny on WHO yesterday. Yet the Ankeny school hasn’t done a thing about yet.

If an adult does something like this (see the Beard thread) they get arrested and thankfully he got suspended.

Shame on all the RS staff involved!! I sure hope they are all proud of themselves!

Reactions: deadeyededric

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I saw the video of a kid getting bullied/punched at Ankeny on WHO yesterday. Yet the Ankeny school hasn’t done a thing about yet.

If an adult does something like this (see the Beard thread) they get arrested and thankfully he got suspended.

Shame on all the RS staff involved!! I sure hope they are all proud of themselves!

I'm not excusing the schools or personnel in the schools as I agree these acts of violence/harassments/assault are absolutely horrific and deserve punishment....that being said I think schools are just so hamstrung anymore. My wife teaches at a middle school and she often feels helpless and powerless. Everything is a lawsuit waiting to happen. If kids act out, they are often larger than her and they don't give one damn about getting in trouble on top of very little support/structure at home. The best she can do is get her admin or other teachers to come in and somehow help defuse the student or take him/her away from the classroom. I realize this is more of a systemic issue and not exactly the situation we're seeing at R-S just more of a general observation.

When I was a kid and got in trouble at school even something minor, I was scared to death the teachers would tell my parents. The thought of them enabling or helping me weasel out of situations never crossed my mind.

If I'm the R-S AD, I would absolutely tell the kid he's not wrestling this year and he has to do a large list of community service, punishments ect ect if he wants a shot to wrestle his senior year. I would take a hard stance even if there are lawsuits coming. At the worst you're telling the community you are standing up for what is right. Of course easier said that done.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Again, if they feel like they are afraid of a civil suit and they feel like they have no power, resign.

I mean this sincerely I don't care how much my kid loved wrestling (and I have two kids in youth wrestling now) if there was a kid on his team who did this and faced zero consequences he wouldn't be on that team. If he wanted to continue to wrestle he could do club wrestling or he could enroll in another school.
Your last sentence, do you mean the victim or the perp? Schools around us, NC Iowa, will hold punishment for issues at previous schools. We had a kid in our school get a year athletic ban and he was told by neighbor schools that it would be enforced at their school also. My son has a kid on his BB team now that is waiting out eligibility until semester break because he received it from another school.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron