Just asked Campbell about the noise....

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
In somewhat of a defense of Randy Peterson, he was much more cautious/realistic than Kirk:
[from article http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...te-just-enjoy-ride-kirk-herbstreit/788218001/]
"I’d be shocked if Matt’s around for the duration of a contract that right now expires after the 2021 season.I said “right now,” because it wouldn’t surprise me if athletics director Jamie Pollard has a contract-tweaking on his agenda... ... None of us know, but I think I know him well enough to know that he’s not jumping at just any Power Five opportunity that knocks on his door. Let’s narrow this to three (with an asterisk). My guess, and it’s just a guess, is that he won’t leave Iowa State for anything other than Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan State. Maybe Notre Dame, and now for the asterisk: If a good SEC program calls, you’ve got to answer..."​
I agree, but probably still could have gone without writing anything at all

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Here's his response. Full interview tonight on KXnO. I'll post it on the CF Pod stream too.

“You become really disappointed. You become really frustrated in the fact that it is really disrespectful to our university and it is really disrespectful to our football program. It’s why you come to a place like Iowa State, to build a true program and to lay a foundation, to build it the right way and give yourself an opportunity to win a conference championship somewhere down the line. Then when you have an opportunity to win conference championships, you give yourself an opportunity on this level to go play in Power 5 Playoffs. I think that is the reality of it. I don’t think honestly that I have thought anything of it other than that other than a sense of frustration and a sense of disappointment in comments like that. We know who we are. We know where we are going. Where we are going is we have only scratched the surface of where this football team and this football program has the ability to exist on the national football landscape.”

That seriously is the best response I've ever seen to such a question. If a complete-homer-Cyclone-fan was to write the dream scenario response, this is what it would look like (and he probably said it better than anyone could).

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I'm sincerely hoping Campbell AND the assistants stay for a long time. To this point, I just got on the Cyclones Athletic Department site and upped my donation level. I think this group of coaches is worth the investment.

A personal challenge to the board... if you're hoping we keep this crew, up your level (as your situation permits) by some amount. We can wish/hope they stay all we want. But we have the ability to help ourselves.

http://sites.cyclones.com/cycloneclub/?path=general

UP YOURS!
Good advise... or join the gridiron club!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Those of you who think CMC will not stay at ISU have to look only as far as this week's opponent to see that moving on is not always the case. Gary Patterson stayed at TCU while receiving several offers that were so called "better offers". They have less fan following than ISU does.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Here's his response. Full interview tonight on KXnO. I'll post it on the CF Pod stream too.

“You become really disappointed. You become really frustrated in the fact that it is really disrespectful to our university and it is really disrespectful to our football program. It’s why you come to a place like Iowa State, to build a true program and to lay a foundation, to build it the right way and give yourself an opportunity to win a conference championship somewhere down the line. Then when you have an opportunity to win conference championships, you give yourself an opportunity on this level to go play in Power 5 Playoffs. I think that is the reality of it. I don’t think honestly that I have thought anything of it other than that other than a sense of frustration and a sense of disappointment in comments like that. We know who we are. We know where we are going. Where we are going is we have only scratched the surface of where this football team and this football program has the ability to exist on the national football landscape.”
TLDR.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

DMrtzaFVQAAmVcM.jpg

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks for sharing this, CW! I'm not so naive as to think that Campbell will stay forever - but who would've thunk that Snyder would stay in the Little Apple for...well...forever? I have to keep pinching myself as I look at the AP poll - 25th! Keep it rolling Cyclone FB!!!!
BTW, the Hok fans have to be quite disappointed with Campbell's response to KH's tweets. You know that they cannot wait to have him gone from this state. They may still be able to claim "scoreboard" this year - but most of them have noticed a team that is well coached and improving, and another one that is being Ferentzed into obscurity.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So he's not leaving until he gets ISU to the football playoffs.

I'll hold him to it on both accounts. :)

Like the response, wish he would have said some things directly for Herbie but I think he also is a decent person so that wouldn't fit.