JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Just trying to confirm that once you cross the bridge heading towards JTS can you "exit" off the bridge and go down into the parking lots or do you have to enter into the Stadium?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just trying to confirm that once you cross the bridge heading towards JTS can you "exit" off the bridge and go down into the parking lots or do you have to enter into the Stadium?
It’s been mentioned that there’s a ramp outside the Trice fence. And, iirc, stairs in both towers.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm pretty sure there options at the end of the bridge you can take, so you don't have to go directly into the stadium.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

That should answer all of the questions about the new layout.

FWgvzv1WYAEBFRh

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The existing stairs are still there. The bridge just splits them in that grassy area between them.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
That should answer all of the questions about the new layout.

FWgvzv1WYAEBFRh
Really feel like they need to do something to the area between the stadium and Majors. Some landscaping would go a long way to make this area look better.

Last few years I have thought this area just felt like that back corner of your yard you dump stuff, they really could make it look and feel a lot better.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Really feel like they need to do something to the area between the stadium and Majors. Some landscaping would go a long way to make this area look better.

Last few years I have thought this area just felt like that back corner of your yard you dump stuff, they really could make it look and feel a lot better.
Wish I had a back yard that looked like that...

• Haha
Reactions: 2speedy1

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

Yeah agree. I know they tried to make it like natural prairie, but it just turned out bad.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I mean, how many people actually even see that area? You can’t see it from the road and I doubt many people go in through that gate. I feel like with the walkway around Jacobson now, they could make that exit only and that’s just for fire code issues.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I mean, how many people actually even see that area? You can’t see it from the road and I doubt many people go in through that gate. I feel like with the walkway around Jacobson now, they could make that exit only and that’s just for fire code issues.
Im guessing recruits see it, when they are on/touring the Practice fields.

Makes the stadium look unkept from that side.