JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not a turf expert... But why wouldn't you put artificial turf on surrounding areas near the field of play..

No more dead spots from players and cheer/dance teams standing on them..

Is it an injury concern?
I've seen where some schools have done that. Does make sense. Only issue is then the shades of green probably wouldn't perfectly match.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I'm not a turf expert... But why wouldn't you put artificial turf on surrounding areas near the field of play..

Is it an injury concern?
For a second I thought they expanded the turf further past the sidelines and endzones but looking at older pics I don't think they did, they need to do something about the asphalt out the endzones, players are constantly sliding on that and falling done. I feel like I don't see that happen in other stadiums but maybe not.

• Agree
Reactions: clonehome

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Is it an injury concern?
That seems to be a really good idea - wonder if it has been looked into or not.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

Is it an injury concern?
I know in the past they have put down sand/rubber on the spots where the cheer and dance team are to help keep the blades standing up/prevent it from reverting to dirt.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Is it an injury concern?
Since I obviously haven’t ever paid attention to it…

Cheerleaders and dance teams are there for a few hours maybe seven times a year at Trice. All at least a week apart. Eight if you count the Shrine Bowl in the summer. Is this actually an issue here? Asking because I’m curious.

I suppose even with the practice field, players are on the sidelines more often than that.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Since I obviously haven’t ever paid attention to it…

Cheerleaders and dance teams are there for a few hours maybe seven times a year at Trice. All at least a week apart. Eight if you count the Shrine Bowl in the summer. Is this actually an issue here? Asking because I’m curious.

I suppose even with the practice field, players are on the sidelines more often than that.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Any recent Pedestrian Bridge photos? Or even Practice Field or RV Park photos?

We need some construction webcams to watch while we pretend to work! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon