JTS Improvements - Want More

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Doesn't that start after this FB season? Just asking I don't know.
It was mentioned that the contract states that the construction on the east side of Elwood/University can start any time the contractor wants (after July 1, the start of the fiscal year, I assume).

The work on the west side has to wait until after the season.

I’m no construction engineer, but if it’s me I’d want to get as much work done before students arrive, and then having to start planning around fan traffic in September, as possible.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I could be wrong but i think they've been pouring NW of the Jake and working towards the SPC all morning. I imagine they'll do South of the SPC soon but I don't know if it's formed up yet.
Considering the concrete trucks have been backing across it, I think that it’s a safe assumption it hasn’t been formed.

Now, the north/south sidewalk to the NE is formed, but they moved all the stuff they had staged over on the new section of drive there, to pour in front of the Jakes. So I’m assuming they can’t pour that until they can move everything…somewhere.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm thinking it would be nice if they moved the webcam now to show more action in the plaza. Not much to be seen these days from the press box angle.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm thinking it would be nice if they moved the webcam now to show more action in the plaza. Not much to be seen these days from the press box angle.
The part we can’t see in the plaza is about to be done—aside from the new facade of the Jake. From the renderings, it’s just a concrete pad.

The work south of the SPC and the irrigation and landscaping in the plaza will all be in full view.

Then we have to hope work starts on the Ped Bridge soon…and wonder just where they’ll stick that webcam.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Didn't get a screenshot of it, but how would you like to be the guy that gets told to drag a backpack leaf blower all the way up to the top of the upper deck and then spend the entire day walking back and forth on top of concrete and aluminum bleachers in Ames, in July, blowing trash down to the next level.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Didn't get a screenshot of it, but how would you like to be the guy that gets told to drag a backpack leaf blower all the way up to the top of the upper deck and then spend the entire day walking back and forth on top of concrete and aluminum bleachers in Ames, in July, blowing trash down to the next level.

Not in any way joking.. I'd rather due that than my current task (quarter end reporting)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anyone know what this is that the construction crew is putting up? Looks kind of like an LED ribbon.

200.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm still having a hard time envisioning where the opponents equipment semi trailer is going to park? Is there room to back it up under the new walkway and down part of the ramp?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Nah. They definitely didn't think of that during the planning and design phases.

I know they did, but is that where it will park? Fans on the hillside will likely throw stuff at it, and you know some drunk idiot will climb the fence and jump on top of it or something stupid. It used to be parked OUTSIDE of the stadium alongside the building that was torn down and made into the new plaza.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron