JTS Improvements - Want More

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Does the bridge only have the entrances/exits at the new RV lot and the east stadium or are there staircases that lead to the S lots?

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Tip to those that are tired of a certain poster’s hawk bashing in every thread - click on their username and ignore them and you won’t see their posts ever again.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Somebody posted this on twitter, any idea what this i?. The poster on twitter thought maybe a cell phone tower.

There's a small ped bridge that will cross the creek from G4/G5 to the RV lot. That may be the framing -- it's just vertical instead of horizontal for now.

• Agree
Reactions: werdnamanhill

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
Somebody posted this on twitter, any idea what this i?. The poster on twitter thought maybe a cell phone tower.
I’m not 100% sure, but believe it’s similar to a post pounder for the bridge. It’s just sitting out right now and will push beams into the ground.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It's going right where that picture was taken.

View attachment 100108
I imagine people in those grass lots are going to love that ped bridge. You can just walk straight past the RVs and on to the big bridge and right into the stadium. The only thing that I'd worry about is that that east gate is going to have a pretty big line waiting to get in. Pretty much everyone from the RV lots, the grass lots along S. 16th, Vet Med, plus the people in the S lots east of the stadium. Not sure if Haunted Forest will still cross at S. 4th and whether the students will walk down to the bridge or cross at S. 16th.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I imagine people in those grass lots are going to love that ped bridge. You can just walk straight past the RVs and on to the big bridge and right into the stadium. The only thing that I'd worry about is that that east gate is going to have a pretty big line waiting to get in. Pretty much everyone from the RV lots, the grass lots along S. 16th, Vet Med, plus the people in the S lots east of the stadium. Not sure if Haunted Forest will still cross at S. 4th and whether the students will walk down to the bridge or cross at S. 16th.

The grass area South of the creek will be paved and turned into the new commuter lot. I also envision that being a great spot for tailgating as you are across from the RV's.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I saw where the owners of the Haunted Forest have put out the rates they are charging for parking this year for season passes for cars, RVs. pull behinds, etc I need to go back and find it. Wonder why they are doing it this year compared to others?

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
I saw where the owners of the Haunted Forest have put out the rates they are charging for parking this year for season passes for cars, RVs. pull behinds, etc I need to go back and find it. Wonder why they are doing it this year compared to others?
Supply chain shortages. You see the rising shipping costs to purchase and maintain the temporary fencing and increase in wages paid out to part time employees is putting too much of a strain on grass parking lots a mile away from the stadium. In order to curtail the these demands on the grass holding up these vehicles, it is required to inflate the price. Hopefully the interest rate increases by the fed will slow demand.

:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad: