JTS construction webcam?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
From JP:

CDHwWn2UIAAYncJ.jpg:large
Sometimes I wish I wasn't checking out the daily progress online. Imagine walking into JTS and seeing it for the first time without having seen it while being built.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I suspect it will be maneauvering about outside the bowl when they are close to completing it.

You thinking one of the larger cranes outside? That'd be my guess as well, but was wondering about reach. it's fascinating to see how it all progresses.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Sometimes I wish I wasn't checking out the daily progress online. Imagine walking into JTS and seeing it for the first time without having seen it while being built.

It will still have that affect being in the stadium for the first game. However, as the facilities and planning guru I am, I love seeing each process within the construction, and how the whole thing has been placed together. I have the opportunity to drive by Kyle Field at A&M every day too, in addition to seeing Jack Trice every day, and I always take a look to see the changes.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It will still have that affect being in the stadium for the first game. However, as the facilities and planning guru I am, I love seeing each process within the construction, and how the whole thing has been placed together. I have the opportunity to drive by Kyle Field at A&M every day too, in addition to seeing Jack Trice every day, and I always take a look to see the changes.
Oh I love seeing the day to day progress and really wouldn't have it any other way.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Once the number of visitors at Reiman Gardens picks up this spring, I bet we'll see even more pictures from the Southwest of the stadium. I've heard from a few different people/posters that the most stunning difference is from the Southwest at Reiman Gardens and along University Blvd.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I followed this closely and when I walked in for the spring game I was blown away. Definitely a bigger step up thank I even thought.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Once the number of visitors at Reiman Gardens picks up this spring, I bet we'll see even more pictures from the Southwest of the stadium. I've heard from a few different people/posters that the most stunning difference is from the Southwest at Reiman Gardens and along University Blvd.

Pollard used the term "entrance to the University" and its going to be that.

You get the full scope of the project driving in from the south. Especially since we are all used to the open back bleachers and skinny scoreboard, its just impressive to see the enclosure and how well it has come together.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Pollard used the term "entrance to the University" and its going to be that.

You get the full scope of the project driving in from the south. Especially since we are all used to the open back bleachers and skinny scoreboard, its just impressive to see the enclosure and how well it has come together.

I hope they put a back on the new scoreboard so people can watch from the student lots like they used to do with the north scoreboard.

:jimlad:

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

It's going to look really great. Keep in mind they are building the concourse all the way around.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I hope they put a back on the new scoreboard so people can watch from the student lots like they used to do with the north scoreboard.

:jimlad:

See... you joke... but you damn well know some dope is going to complain to Pollard!

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
See... you joke... but you damn well know some dope is going to complain to Pollard!

I have seen stadiums which have an outdoor LED ribbon for advertising and promotional purposes. This actually could work for promoting ticket sales, donations, events, etc., for drivers along University Blvd.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.976...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1smHBi3FCB8RFl97IkrTKpYQ!2e0

^^ See ads on that little side panel of the scoreboard ^^

Those have to make a profit of some sort, which go into the general fund.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm very interested to see how that crane maneuvers about inside the lower bowl when they're close to completing it.

My guess is that the crane will be able to do just about everything from just inside the pass through under the SE corner where they have brought trucks in and out. Maybe the last few pieces will be put in place by one of the huge cranes from outside.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
My guess is that the crane will be able to do just about everything from just inside the pass through under the SE corner where they have brought trucks in and out. Maybe the last few pieces will be put in place by one of the huge cranes from outside.

That'd be my guess as well.

Anxious to see the decking start to go down on the lower bowl. The whole time I thought it was going to be steel and precast like the upper. Wonder what the actual reasoning for the aluminum is.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I wonder what's the circled part? I know it was there in the old configuration, it almost looks like they are building around it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• readImage.asp.jpg
    readImage.asp.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 737

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I wonder what's the circled part? I know it was there in the old configuration, it almost looks like they are building around it.

attachment.php
I wonder if that isn't some sort of tunnel around it for servicing, assuming it is somehow connected to that new field pump from post #575