JTS construction webcam?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
All of the "in-stadium" pictures do nothing compared to the view when you come up towards it on Elwood from 30. The stadium looks big-time now.

Never%20forget.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
All of the "in-stadium" pictures do nothing compared to the view when you come up towards it on Elwood from 30. The stadium looks big-time now.

I particularly like the new look from the main tailgate lot. Now, instead of focusing on the back of the videoboard, you focus on the seats in the new upper deck corners. Here is a shot from this morning:

attachment.php

Attachments

• JTS view from tailgate.jpg
    JTS view from tailgate.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 748

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I particularly like the new look from the main tailgate lot. Now, instead of focusing on the back of the videoboard, you focus on the seats in the new upper deck corners. Here is a shot from this morning:

attachment.php
This is the best view for perspective yet that I've seen. It looks like we have a big time stadium.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Ha- actually my focus is on those worn down parking lots. That should be the next project.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Still trying to figure out what that platform in the SE corner is. Is it for the hot tub?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Ha- actually my focus is on those worn down parking lots. That should be the next project.

The parking lot isn't bad in this shot. The stuff on the left that looks like crumbling pavement is really stones in the endcaps of rows. Of course, there are plenty of other parts of the lot where it is just rubble instead of pavement.

P.S. You must discipline yourself to refocus on the stadium improvements!

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
Still trying to figure out what that platform in the SE corner is. Is it for the hot tub?

Are you referring to the concrete slab on the ground between the end zone and the new retaining wall that's being constructed? I suspect that it is associated with the underground water pumping for the field.

Will the old pumping system remain at the top of the SE berm? It looks like a retaining wall is going around it and no seats would be there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Are you referring to the concrete slab on the ground between the end zone and the new retaining wall that's being constructed? I suspect that it is associated with the underground water pumping for the field.

Will the old pumping system remain at the top of the SE berm? It looks like a retaining wall is going around it and no seats would be there.

I took a photo of the "hot tub" during the Spring game. I can't tell what it is. What you say seems to make sense.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Endzone hot tub.jpg
    Endzone hot tub.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,322

ljm4cy

Apr 26, 2014

At the 12/4/14 Board of Regents meeting the SEZ project cost was increased by $7,000,000. Among the reasons cited were the fascia/ribbon board, sprinkler system to west suites, and:

"Field pump structure relocation
and new field pumps. (The existing field pump structure was constructed forty years ago and the existing pump have failed five times over the past three years. In late August, both main pump shafts sheared off during a storm."

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Looks like the lower bowl will be seeing some significant progress in the near future!

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
I'm very interested to see how that crane maneuvers about inside the lower bowl when they're close to completing it.