Jon Miller's BTN show gets canned

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If I live out of state, how would I have watched the Iowa State - UNI game on tv?
How many people can get FCS?

Maybe you need to define "has been on the air".

Maybe YOU need to define what has "been on the air". I DVR'd every single game so far. That counts as far as I'm concerned. The earlier poster said that ISU struggles to get games on the air. I disagree. Is the BTN on basic cable in L.A. or NYC? I'm betting not.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Quick question. Since I think BTN comes standard with basic cable packages, how much cheaper would your cable bill be if BTN wasn't being carried?

I'm not sure on added or reduced costs, but if I could get rid the channel it would be kind of nice. Get rid of another useless channel cluttering up my guide.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
That must not be on my DirecTV guide. :wink:

The OP stated that he had watched all the games this year. You asked how someone would have seen the game out-of-state. He didn't specify where/how/PC/TV and I answered your question. :rolleyes:

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Quick question. Since I think BTN comes standard with basic cable packages, how much cheaper would your cable bill be if BTN wasn't being carried?

I know initially, the BTN was asking $1 per cable subscriber, per month. I don't know if that amount has changed, but it is safe to suggest that the cable companies passed that cost on.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
I know initially, the BTN was asking $1 per cable subscriber, per month. I don't know if that amount has changed, but it is safe to suggest that the cable companies passed that cost on.

Yes, I saw something similar...

Comcast has agreed to pay about 70 cents per subscriber to the Big Ten, which had sought $1.10. It's the first major cable operator to agree to carry the network.
(From an ESPN.com article)
Though, it is from 2008 and it deals specifically with Comcast.

Here is another set of numbers, from earlier this year (around expansion talks).

Currently, the channel receives between 50 to 70 cents per subscriber in areas that are in the conference's geographic footprint, which ranges over eight states. For subscribers outside that area, the rate drops to around 10 cents per subscriber.
http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/05/12/the-real-price-of-big-ten-membership/

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The new Pulse tonight, with Tim Doyle (ex-NU bb), J Leman (ex-Illinois fb) and host Rick Pizzo was a huge improvement. Much more energetic.

tiberius

Sep 20, 2006
I actually watched the first show and was going to tell Jon not to quit his day job, but I was too late.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I actually watched the first show and was going to tell Jon not to quit his day job, but I was too late.

Tiberius why have you bagged Jon so much in this thread? Aren't you always using his website, a service he provides for you at no cost?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I wonder if the people saying "Stay classy" also said the same about GMac as our coach, or Wayne Morgan, or DMac, or any of our assistant coaches, or VanDeVelde, or any government official...after all, it was their livelihood.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Why are you digging through old Hawk threads and bumping them?

If you must know I saw the thread on John Miller, did a google search and found this thread. Better question, why do you care? Are you made because it was a rough night for your little Cubbies?... Ahhhhhh.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why are you digging through old Hawk threads and bumping them?

He's a Hawkeye fan trying way too hard. I think AmesHawk pegged him as a Hawk troll pretty early on and now he's trying to go the other way with it to cover it up.