Jirehl Brock status?

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
They got way better at QB and that makes them better by default. McNamara hasn’t been beaten down by the “Iowa Way” for 3 years so his instincts should still be intact and that will create some plays for them, especially early in the season. Also with the new clock rules Iowa benefits greatly imo
If he was that desirable, no way does he stay in the B10. I know he is better than what they had, but if he was the answered prayer everyone is acting like, some SEC school would have paid him stupid money. FFS, even Graham Mertz made it onto an SEC team

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If he was that desirable, no way does he stay in the B10. I know he is better than what they had, but if he was the answered prayer everyone is acting like, some SEC school would have paid him stupid money. FFS, even Graham Mertz made it onto an SEC team

I only said he is better than what they had.

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Total has gone down to 5 now, the under is -130. With multiple guys out for multiple games a new QB it is hard to find wins. We will lose to UNI IMO (hope I'm wrong) ISU went 3-0 in non-con last year and still only won 4 games. I have no idea where wins are going to come from.

UNI the last 3 years is 3-4, 6-6, and 6-5. I’m not saying it’s impossible we lose but if we do it says a lot more about us than it does them.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
How did that happen? Who would look at Mertz film and say "yeah, that looks like a top quality qb."

• Haha
Reactions: RagingCloner

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
All I have to say is that clearly remember how fast the season went down hill last year after J.
Brock got hurt against KU last year. I was really hoping he would be the guy this year, but he likely won't be playing from the sound of things.

• Agree
Reactions: StLouisClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Honestly I’m looking forward to our younger guys getting the opportunity now. Crazy stuff, but long term could be a blessing in disguise
Could be like '03. Get our asses handed to us repeatedly but then have some pretty solid squads like we did in '04 and '05.

Reactions: chadly82

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
ISU is 4th worst in the big 12 for over/under win totals, tied with KU and BYU. Assuming they beat those two teams, and beat the teams picked worse than them, as well as UNI and Ohio, theres 5 wins there. Outlook is bleak, but i would take the over at 4.5. I think there are a few B12 teams that take a step back this year. I think the only games you can count out right now are at OU and KSU. Everything else will be close, IMO.

**I may be drinking too much kool-aid here
I think we lose more often than win, but we won't be getting shellacked too often. Iowa might beat us pretty badly, could see Baylor thrashing us a bit, Kansas State might not be competitive, and Texas will likely piss pound us on their way out of the conference. But outside of that, I don't see the talent disparity with anyone else to be that great so as to expect a thorough ass whooping. I predict a 4-8 season with a floor of 3-9 and a ceiling of 6-6.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I think we lose more often than win, but we won't be getting shellacked too often. Iowa might beat us pretty badly, could see Baylor thrashing us a bit, Kansas State might not be competitive, and Texas will likely piss pound us on their way out of the conference. But outside of that, I don't see the talent disparity with anyone else to be that great so as to expect a thorough ass whooping. I predict a 4-8 season with a floor of 3-9 and a ceiling of 6-6.
Texas will have to play us in ames in November. If they have 2 or more losses by then, nobody on that team will want to be playing

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Texas will have to play us in ames in November. If they have 2 or more losses by then, nobody on that team will want to be playing
Fair point. If they have 2 or more losses by then, the wheels will have completely fallen off. They are pretty heavy favorites to win the league. Which they could probably do at 9-3 this year in all honesty.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron