Jirehl Brock status?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Except for last year….
Yeah, didn't we have 2 punts blocked, one of which set up an easy touchdown (their only score on the day)? I feel like the best thing to come out of last season was Campbell getting that annoying Cy-Hawk monkey off his back.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Guessing we are picked last by every publication and probably rightfully so. First off we sucked last year. Second we lost a lot of skill positions do to graduation and gambling. I have a sneaky suspicion this year is going to be aweful football wise and we will all be ready for basketball.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, didn't we have 2 punts blocked, one of which set up an easy touchdown (their only score on the day)? I feel like the best thing to come out of last season was Campbell getting that annoying Cy-Hawk monkey off his back.
I think it's fair to say that last year's Iowa State vs Iowa game may have been the ugliest football game of the past 50 years, at any level. While people bemoaned the nickname "El Assico", that name was forever engrained into national prominence last year.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Guessing we are picked last by every publication and probably rightfully so. First off we sucked last year. Second we lost a lot of skill positions do to graduation and gambling. I have a sneaky suspicion this year is going to be aweful football wise and we will all be ready for basketball.
Possibly, though Campbell's teams seem to excel when people have lower expectations of them. The talent level is good, so I could see a surprise coming here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Meh, we're an easy choice as of right now but I wouldn't be so pessimistic. We have some of our best recruiting classes currently in the program and they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulders due to what happened and what's being talked about.

CyJam

Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
I think it's fair to say that last year's Iowa State vs Iowa game may have been the ugliest football game of the past 50 years, at any level. While people bemoaned the nickname "El Assico", that name was forever engrained into national prominence last year.
2018 and 2012 say hello.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Only game I can ever recall where a team suffers 3 turnovers PLUS 2 blocked kicks and still wins.

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Brock was rated higher than Hall when they were both recruited.

Their careers certainly went in opposite directions
I remember the same thing........

Reactions: Cyhig

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Brock was rated higher than Hall when they were both recruited.

Brock was rated higher. Some services even had Hall as a 2 star.

Reactions: Cyhig

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA

Pretty sure that was one of those things where Brock was rated slightly higher (both 4*), but looking at their offer lists was a different story. The entire time from their commitment to stepping on the field, I was always higher on Breece based on his game film. He just looked the part and had tons more ability shown with how he ran. I remember being so impressed with his breakaway speed. That just goes to show the ranking sites don't always get it right, but we already know that.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is that name even really widely referred to or used? Or am I just living under a rock?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Is that name even really widely referred to or used? Or am I just living under a rock?
It was last year. I live under a rock and heard it, and I wasn't following Reddit/r/CFB or anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron