Jirehl Brock status?

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Dekkers, Brock, Hanika, Lee, Remsburg(not sure if he's out the whole season).
After reading the register article I was under the impression remsburg and Hanika were just serving a suspension. Is that accurate or will they get permanent eligibility loss?

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
After reading the register article I was under the impression remsburg and Hanika were just serving a suspension. Is that accurate or will they get permanent eligibility loss?
Ya Hanika may not be out the whole season. But he bet a lot on Iowa State basketball which betting on other sports on your own school are a big no no for the NCAA.

Reactions: RagingCloner

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Ya Hanika may not be out the whole season. But he bet a lot on Iowa State basketball which betting on other sports on your own school are a big no no for the NCAA.

If any of these guys are allowed back by CMC... that's a HUGE mistake. Good riddance. Why would he even want them back? If you want to help them out.... fine.... find another school for them to transfer to.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If any of these guys are allowed back by CMC... that's a HUGE mistake. Good riddance. Why would he even want them back? If you want to help them out.... fine.... find another school for them to transfer to.

It seems unlikely since they haven't been practicing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Maybe now Randy can quit asking CMC about Jirehl at every news conference... when he knows darn well what's going on and that Matt is not going to tell him anything.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Dekkers, Brock, Hanika, Lee, Remsburg(not sure if he's out the whole season).
5/22, that's 23% of our starters gone, at least for a good chunk of the season. Not gonna be a good season IMO but Campbell gets a total pass on this year too. We will need LOTS of breaks in order to sniff a bowl game.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
It’s gonna hurt and it’s gonna hurt bad. But I respect Campbell, Pollard and all involved. We may get beat badly and it’ll be a long season but they are taking the high ground.

Don’t for a second think these kids didn’t have meetings about gambling. Don’t for a second think they were not educated on the “don’t do it’s”. Dekkers bar video is evidence alone. They skirted the system and got caught after countless resources told them not to.

• Winner
Reactions: twojman

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
5/22, that's 23% of our starters gone, at least for a good chunk of the season. Not gonna be a good season IMO but Campbell gets a total pass on this year too. We will need LOTS of breaks in order to sniff a bowl game.
Man, I’ve called you out for being uneducated before, but you just don’t learn. Is it disappointing they made poor decisions? Of course. Dekkers, Hanika, and Lee will all be replaced by more talented underclassmen this year. Remsburg started what, 3-4 games? Don’t give me that nonsense about “we have to replace our leading rusher from last year”. Seriously, like we can’t replace 445 yards? Lol. This is an unfortunate situation but you either trust that Campbell can develop his players and the next man up philosophy is real, or you don’t. And if you don’t, GTFO of these pro cyclone forums

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Man, I’ve called you out for being uneducated before, but you just don’t learn. Is it disappointing they made poor decisions? Of course. Dekkers, Hanika, and Lee will all be replaced by more talented underclassmen this year. Remsburg started what, 3-4 games? Don’t give me that nonsense about “we have to replace our leading rusher from last year”. Seriously, like we can’t replace 445 yards? Lol. This is an unfortunate situation but you either trust that Campbell can develop his players and the next man up philosophy is real, or you don’t. And if you don’t, GTFO of these pro cyclone forums
Raging seems to be a good name for you. What did I say wrong? Brock was a 4 star running back. He was going to be a starter. The underclassmen may be more talented but they don't have experience.

s_ford

Jul 30, 2018
It’s gonna hurt and it’s gonna hurt bad. But I respect Campbell, Pollard and all involved. We may get beat badly and it’ll be a long season but they are taking the high ground.

Don’t for a second think these kids didn’t have meetings about gambling. Don’t for a second think they were not educated on the “don’t do it’s”. Dekkers bar video is evidence alone. They skirted the system and got caught after countless resources told them not to.
Taking what high ground? These suspensions etc are mandatory by the ncaa. There’s nothing to take the high ground on.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Raging seems to be a good name for you. What did I say wrong? Brock was a 4 star running back. He was going to be a starter. The underclassmen may be more talented but they don't have experience.
Solid comeback there. The only factual portion was the percentage. Brock was a 4 star RB, sure. So is Sanders. I don’t disagree that Brock would have been a starter. I disagree with the fact that these 5 guys being gone immediately means we need to bust out the doom and gloom

• Dumb
Reactions: 83cy and chadly82

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I don’t think there’s ever been a time in cyclone history where we could afford to lose 5 starters, in the summer, including RB1, QB1, the protected side OT and a DT and still have optimism for a successful season. At each position we have 1 or 2 talented players ready to step in. In the past we’d be praying for OT and DT JUCO transfers to come in just to fill the positions. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Honestly I’m looking forward to our younger guys getting the opportunity now. Crazy stuff, but long term could be a blessing in disguise

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Who was getting experience last year while Brock was out?

Reactions: RagingCloner

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don’t think there’s ever been a time in cyclone history where we could afford to lose 5 starters, in the summer, including RB1, QB1, the protected side OT and a DT and still have optimism for a successful season. At each position we have 1 or 2 talented players ready to step in. In the past we’d be praying for OT and DT JUCO transfers to come in just to fill the positions. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

Besides most of the program's history when the startees were not good to begin with.

Wasn't Vegas saying 5 wins before all of this? What's getting lost?

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
No doubt Brock would have been the first option at rb, but we have a pretty solid young stable of backs. Personally, I'm pretty excited about Abu Sama being listed as a rb. Pretty sure they wanted him as a db initially.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Well, just my guess after seeing the stories yesterday, Dekkers/Brock/Lee definitely gone for good, Hanika probably gone or at least long suspension, Remsberg maybe gone or 3-4 game suspension, all dependent on how much of an example CMC wants to make of it. I am fine with any punishment he wants to hand out.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Well, just my guess after seeing the stories yesterday, Dekkers/Brock/Lee definitely gone for good, Hanika probably gone or at least long suspension, Remsberg maybe gone or 3-4 game suspension
Remsberg bet on his own sport. thats an auto 50% of season.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well, just my guess after seeing the stories yesterday, Dekkers/Brock/Lee definitely gone for good, Hanika probably gone or at least long suspension, Remsberg maybe gone or 3-4 game suspension, all dependent on how much of an example CMC wants to make of it. I am fine with any punishment he wants to hand out.

I'll be surprised if we see anyone this season.