Jaquan Bailey

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
It sounds like from what I've heard that Jaquan Bailey could see the field this year at the Leo position. This is great news imo because hadn't heard much about him in spring. It would be crazy if he and Joshua see the field as freshman.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
He was our highest rated DL in the last class if I remember right. His brother is bigger but not as highly rated and I don't think I have heard much about him

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think he has a very good shot of seeing the field regularly. He had some very solid offers. His brother would be surprising to see play very much this year.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
He was our highest rated DL in the last class if I remember right. His brother is bigger but not as highly rated and I don't think I have heard much about him
Actually I'd heard more about his brother Joshua

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
If you have anxiety about a thread on a forum just because a name only I suggest Medicine. Lol

According to your profile post total, you're relatively new here.

Often times the "name only" thread titles go on to explain how an athlete is now in jail; failed a drug test; stole a stop sign; etc.

Pessimism is a conditioned response here.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
OK I thought it was the other brother my bad. But that is a welcomed surprise to me I hope they both are really good

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was hoping that Justin Stewart would allow Bailey a redshirt, but if he's that good, I guess I'll have to suffer through it. A Berryman-esque freshman year wouldn't be too bad. :cool:

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
His brother wasn't here in the spring but you can still get updates, such as how much weight Joshua gained since signing.

Eh, neither of them were here. He said in the linked article above he was on the verge of signing with Virginia Tech in February. Would've been kinda hard to be at ISU and sign with Va Tech.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I was hoping that Justin Stewart would allow Bailey a redshirt, but if he's that good, I guess I'll have to suffer through it. A Berryman-esque freshman year wouldn't be too bad. :cool:

The fact that Bailey could leapfrog Mitchell Meyers & Gabe Luna who are known quantities is exciting. No need to redshirt if you're Big 12 ready.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Eh, neither of them were here. He said in the linked article above he was on the verge of signing with Virginia Tech in February. Would've been kinda hard to be at ISU and sign with Va Tech.
Thanks for the info

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I really thought that Mitch Meyers was a little out of place at Leo. I mean, he played a lot of undersized DT a few years ago and this staff had him as a pass rusher who can drop into coverage too? Seems like a natural DE, so I'm glad he's over there competing with Waggoner and Thomas. I'm sure him being a Leo was a depth move with White leaving and Stewart not on campus yet. But, I think that Luna/Stewart/Bailey/Seonbuchner can give us a nice group at Leo that can handle both running and passing downs. Bailey at 260 already is crazy. Definitely the future at that spot.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I really thought that Mitch Meyers was a little out of place at Leo. I mean, he played a lot of undersized DT a few years ago and this staff had him as a pass rusher who can drop into coverage too? Seems like a natural DE, so I'm glad he's over there competing with Waggoner and Thomas. I'm sure him being a Leo was a depth move with White leaving and Stewart not on campus yet. But, I think that Luna/Stewart/Bailey/Seonbuchner can give us a nice group at Leo that can handle both running and passing downs. Bailey at 260 already is crazy. Definitely the future at that spot.

I really hope Meyers can get back to where he was 2 years ago. i could definitely see him move around playing both DE positions along with DT in passing situations.