Jalynn Bristow Transferring

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Dang this sucks....she has so much potential.

I feel like it has to do with playing time
Agree. She was at the top of my "worry" list for this year in terms of who could and who would transfer. Seemed very athletic but still figuring out B12 competition. I'm guessing she feels like she should be a starter next year. I would've thought she would have a good shot at that with us but maybe she's the odd person out. There are certainly places where she can start next year, no doubt.

Best of luck to her.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa

This is horribly bad - and entirely due to her usage and how BF continually mis-manages any athletic wing we get. Bristow had the highest upside on the entire roster. She should have been getting ALL of Diew's minutes this year. Seeing Diew start/play more in front of her was an embarrassment. She is going to be a star some day.

There is no way she wouldn't have started next year, we all saw the flashes when BF actually let her play (similar to Kelsey).

This one hurts guys and lowers my ceiling for the ladies next year.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
LSU transfer Alisa Williams will be eligible next year. Not sure whether she might cut into Bristow’s minutes. Jalynn Bristow obviously sees limited minutes behind Addy Brown and Audi Crooks. And we will go with 3 guards.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Dang, at start of the season, I thought she would be the biggest "star" out of the five. Audi proved me wrong, but I still think Jaylnn would have ended up second behind Audi. Addy and Arianna performance this year was higher, but they were also given more opportunity. I really loved her athleticism and effort. Like Audi, she also never seemed to get too up, nor get too down. All about the business at hand.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
This one sucks cause I do believe she has a ton of upside. Blaming coach for how she was used as a freshman is ridiculous! She has a ton of potential but maybe she saw her role differently with the team coming back! Transfer from Lsu now eligible and incoming players. Can’t speculate. Wish her well, unless she transfers in conference, lol!

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This is horribly bad - and entirely due to her usage and how BF continually mis-manages any athletic wing we get. Bristow had the highest upside on the entire roster. She should have been getting ALL of Diew's minutes this year. Seeing Diew start/play more in front of her was an embarrassment. She is going to be a star some day.

There is no way she wouldn't have started next year, we all saw the flashes when BF actually let her play (similar to Kelsey).

Diew’s playing time was less as the season went on. Bristow made freshman mistakes. Sometimes looked lost. But she definitely had potential. Not the highest upside on the entire roster by any stretch.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Diew’s playing time was less as the season went on. Bristow made freshman mistakes. Sometimes looked lost. But she definitely had potential. Not the highest upside on the entire roster by any stretch.
Not any more mistakes than Brown made. Bristow just wasn't one of the "favorites". She should have gotten way more playing time and usage when she was in.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
She was obviously very raw from a skill set standpoint but had the length and athleticism you can’t teach that seemed to always be our weakness in the past against the Texas and Baylors of the world. I was excited to see her develop, but that being said am way past the point of losing sleep over transfers these days.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I'm not a Bill apologists but this is a terrible take. Bill pulled some freaking levers this year and it worked well. I don't care which way you try to slice it, we were going to have 1 or 2 leave this year due to so many you contributors.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I'm not a Bill apologists but this is a terrible take. Bill pulled some freaking levers this year and it worked well. I don't care which way you try to slice it, we were going to have 1 or 2 leave this year due to so many you contributors.
you mean, just throw it to Audi on offense... and play a, largely ineffective, drop zone on defense? We were lucky Audi was such a dominant player.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
In the end and in this day and age, it's hard to keep everybody on board. I wish her the best going forward and who knows, the world is weird and maybe she ends back at ISU at some point. I think everyone knew that this was a possibility at least and isn't too big of a shock. Focus on keeping the others and we've got a few good pieces coming in too, we should be just fine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron