Jalynn Bristow Transferring

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
by levers you mean drop zone letting any team shoot at will and hope they miss. By levers, dribble for 20 secs and then shockingly pass to Crooks. By levers, have Brown post up who has no post game, and try to create. By levers, not use versatile guards and forwards on the roster but repeatedly go to the worst defenders and worst lineup combos. By levers manning up and drubbing the opponent, but this only last 2 mins.. every 3 games in the season at most. Yeah... he pulled levers all right. The talent leaving is not being recruited over, they are never used even when on the floor. It's just sad there are people shrugging their shoulders thinking losing the best talent on the roster is expected. In terms of upside Crooks > Bristow > Brown, but Bristow will get there earlier.
Dumbest post of the season right here.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't hate BF at all. I just choose to acknowledge the short comings he has show the last four or five years in regards to not innovating and continuing to run the same crappy stuff. I mean that last in bounds play in the last game.. What was that? We are way too predicable. I know lots of people transfer, but at some point we also have to acknowledge that while BF is recruiting well, he is having issues retaining said talent. It's called being objective about how things are going.

Ehhh....everyone has problems retaining talent in this environment. Of all the years to ***** about Fennelly, this year is not one of them. I don't know that any coach could have gotten more wins out of this team.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't hate BF at all. I just choose to acknowledge the short comings he has show the last four or five years in regards to not innovating and continuing to run the same crappy stuff. I mean that last in bounds play in the last game.. What was that? We are way too predicable. I know lots of people transfer, but at some point we also have to acknowledge that while BF is recruiting well, he is having issues retaining said talent. It's called being objective about how things are going.
Every program loses talent. Let's be honest. You all but admitted you are not a BF fan, think things can be better. That ok, just don't be suprised when folks disagree with you. 29 years, 600 plus wins, one of the winningest active coaches in the game. I'll choose to support the team and coaches we have.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa

Help us ISC. You're our only hope.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Every program loses talent. Let's be honest. You all but admitted you are not a BF fan, think things can be better. That ok, just don't be suprised when folks disagree with you. 29 years, 600 plus wins, one of the winningest active coaches in the game. I'll choose to support the team and coaches we have.
You are far from the truth. I want BF to be successful.. But if you watch any other wbb, you'd see how antiquidated what we run is. We are behind. I just want BF and staff to rethink how to get the best out of the talent we have. We no longer need a ball dominate Pg offensive scheme. We no longer need to play a drop zone 90% of the time. We finally have the talent to play differently. I will always continue to support the team and BF. Been a season ticket holder for over a decade now and rarely ever miss a game - and don't plan to stop

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Bristow didn’t look like she was happy much of the year. I somewhat expected her transfer. I expect she thought she would have similar success to what she saw Addy and Audi have this year. I think she would have been the likely favorite to start at the 4 next year, but maybe she didn’t think so. I’m not always a fan of Bill and how he coaches the girls but I think Bristow’s minutes this year seemed mostly appropriate. She was athletic, but she needs a lot of skill development. I don’t think her ceiling is as high as some think, but with work she would can be a quality starter.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
LSU transfer Alisa Williams will be eligible next year. Not sure whether she might cut into Bristow’s minutes. Jalynn Bristow obviously sees limited minutes behind Addy Brown and Audi Crooks. And we will go with 3 guards.
I don't think they would of. She's a 4 and brown is a wing. I was told here that even thought Williams is 6'2 She's a guard. Even if she wasn't 3 players for 2 positions is plenty of minutes. She really looked aggressive in the postseason. Really too bad.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
You need to read your own posts. Lack of innovation? He’s played more varying defensive alignments than I’ve seen ever. The offense has far more motion to it. Do you understand why Ryan sometimes is dribbling? Do you really know that Brown moving into a double team was drawn up in the huddle? Wow….

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Bristow didn’t look like she was happy much of the year. I somewhat expected her transfer. I expect she thought she would have similar success to what she saw Addy and Audi have this year. I think she would have been the likely favorite to start at the 4 next year, but maybe she didn’t think so. I’m not always a fan of Bill and how he coaches the girls but I think Bristow’s minutes this year seemed mostly appropriate. She was athletic, but she needs a lot of skill development. I don’t think her ceiling is as high as some think, but with work she would can be a quality starter.
Agree very much. In many ways she reminds me of a certain five star who spent most of the season on the men's bench. Tons of natural talent. Development and growth needed and very likely to happen.

Reactions: NWICY and bozclone

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
You need to read your own posts. Lack of innovation? He’s played more varying defensive alignments than I’ve seen ever. The offense has far more motion to it. Do you understand why Ryan sometimes is dribbling? Do you really know that Brown moving into a double team was drawn up in the huddle? Wow….
We must be watching way different games. There is almost no motion on 90% of our offensive possessions unless it was the five freshmen in. Unless you are counting on audi moving for position as motion. The lack of motion and passing also caused way too many turnovers in entry passes to the posts this year as we rarely moved the ball to get the correct passing angle.

The lack of a second option for Brown was the issue. You had to have guessed Stanford would double and she had no outlet on the play.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Same thing happened last year. Some folks on here were ready to plant for sale signs in his yard.
Nah, last year it sucked losing Fritz but I got it. Lexi I also understood. Bristow is the type of player athletically the elite teams get and we rarely see. That's why it is so frustrating. It also hurts because we next year's incoming freshmen won't be able to replace her compared to this year's incoming freshmen. I'm not in a burn it down mode, just very frustrated.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I definitely saw this one coming. I love bill to death but it did seem like he was a little harder on her than others. Someone else makes a mistake and they came out for a possession or 2. JB made a mistake and she didn't play again alot of games. In my opinion she should have gotten alot of diews minutes. Sad to see her go. Good luck JB.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
I definitely saw this one coming. I love bill to death but it did seem like he was a little harder on her than others. Someone else makes a mistake and they came out for a possession or 2. JB made a mistake and she didn't play again alot of games. In my opinion she should have gotten alot of diews minutes. Sad to see her go. Good luck JB.

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
100% agree. She was something we don’t have with regard to athleticism and yet provided little wiggle room for mistakes. Hard to grow in that situation.

Look, Bill is the coach and has had some success, but it’s clearly his way or the highway. And I think that has hindered taking the program to the next level in some instances.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron