Jalynn Bristow Transferring

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
If everyone ahead of her was playing well and their just weren't any minutes available (see omaha on men's team) than I would understand it but I just cannot understand diew playing more than kelci and JB. They both deserved diews minutes imo.

Reactions: Cyclad

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
View is gone, too, so that won't be a problem now. Another season with a mass exodus.
Diew was never coming back went through senior night, she will graduate and hope to get a scholarship to play basketball and get a head start on a masters degree. No one expected her back but a few seem to blame her or CBF for Bristow leaving. I get confused sometimes!!!!

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
by levers you mean drop zone letting any team shoot at will and hope they miss. By levers, dribble for 20 secs and then shockingly pass to Crooks. By levers, have Brown post up who has no post game, and try to create. By levers, not use versatile guards and forwards on the roster but repeatedly go to the worst defenders and worst lineup combos. By levers manning up and drubbing the opponent, but this only last 2 mins.. every 3 games in the season at most. Yeah... he pulled levers all right. The talent leaving is not being recruited over, they are never used even when on the floor. It's just sad there are people shrugging their shoulders thinking losing the best talent on the roster is expected. In terms of upside Crooks > Bristow > Brown, but Bristow will get there earlier.

Bristow might be the physically weakest player we had this year. On top of that, she has no idea how to dribble the ball in a crowd. She has a lot to work on. You have no idea what you you are talking about IMO.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hilton Magic needs to translate into Portal Magic now. We need another big forward for 2024-25-a tall order. I will no longer believe ANY player is staying and feel lucky for a semblance of a team after the migration season. More to come?

Till it get regulated I could see this being the norm. Instead of recruiting a HS kid and hope they can do it at the next level coaches are going to look at the portal for kids who have shown they can perform at the college level or kids in college with the raw natural potential like Bristow that wasn't able to get PT at the school they went to.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I am disappointed about Jalynn leaving too and also think that she has a wealth of potential. I will enjoy watching her succeed wherever she ends up. I have not read all of the speculation here, but it may come down to the fact that Jalynn was extremely homesick the first semester. That may be the one and only reason that she is entering the portal

We will have a pretty good idea if that was a big part of her decision when we see where she chooses to play next.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I would expect a couple each season, but four is getting to be more than that. At least none of the four were starters.
1. Izzy left in December....not news
2. Dawkins never played....like what 10 games in. 2 years...
3.Bristow.....this one sucks
4. Diew.....graduated was moving on was never. playing hear again.

Once again people making something out of nothing. The fact the number is 4 is misleading and some are running with it to try to make up a problem.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
One, I count four so far. None were starters, so that is a good thing.
Why I used the word “player." And I believe it’s only three. Izzy quit a LONG time ago. Not an end of season portal loss. Diew doesn’t count since she graduated and is leaving likely for academic purposes. Dawkins was a non-player. That leaves one - Bristow.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
Why I used the word “player." And I believe it’s only three. Izzy quit a LONG time ago. Not an end of season portal loss. Diew doesn’t count since she graduated and is leaving likely for academic purposes. Dawkins was a non-player. That leaves one - Bristow.
People don’t want to hear that…they want to believe the sky is falling and it’s all Bill’s fault!! Lol!! We have lost Bristow, that’s it! And yes, it sucks but many factors we will know nothing about! Go State!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Diew was never coming back went through senior night, she will graduate and hope to get a scholarship to play basketball and get a head start on a masters degree. No one expected her back but a few seem to blame her or CBF for Bristow leaving. I get confused sometimes!!!!
Well that would mean applying common sense. It is easier to scream the sky is falling

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
If everyone ahead of her was playing well and their just weren't any minutes available (see omaha on men's team) than I would understand it but I just cannot understand diew playing more than kelci and JB. They both deserved diews minutes imo.

I think one of the things that gets overlooked is the ability on the defensive end. Yes - Diew struggled on offense but had a great understanding of the defensive side of the court, that is why she was getting minutes. Kelsie and JB did not have the understanding of the defensive side and were liabilities at times, that is why Diew was getting minutes over them. The young ones will / would have been able to learn and excel in the defensive side, they just were not there yet and their offensive output was not enough to offset the defensive deficiencies.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Sometimes this board drives me nuts. We are always making issues bigger than they should be. I too am disappointed in those leaving the program but, that's the nature of college sports today.

We know JB was homesick and that's just something that some kids feel. Can't blame her.

We know the others lacked playing time and likely wanted more. Again, who can blame them?

Those are the reasons for the transfers. Why can't we let that be that? It's not BF's fault so just stop with that. Last year may have been a BF style issue. This year is not.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
None of us know why Bristow is leaving. Obviously she wasn't happy, so it is ok that she is choosing to try and find a better situation for her. I hope Bill can find a transfer that will fill her void and I hope we don't lose anyone else.

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
The sky is not falling, but interestingly, so many student-athletes are joining the portal. I hope the portal will bring us some talent from the other side.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron