Jake Knott broke his arm

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
If Im not mistaken Matt T is also injured! THis make our LB spot very thin. Lets hope this is an opportunity for someone big to step up, that all there is to that.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
If Im not mistaken Matt T is also injured! THis make our LB spot very thin. Lets hope this is an opportunity for someone big to step up, that all there is to that.
Looks like we will be seeing a lot of George and Miller today.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Hopefully he can recover without any lasting effects. Hopefully the break was somewhat a midshaft break vs elbow or wrist.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Isn't Matt T always injured?

I'm sorry, but he's been nothing but a big disappointment both on and off the field IMO. I wouldn't mind George beating him out at all.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands

I'm sorry, but he's been nothing but a big disappointment both on and off the field IMO. I wouldn't mind George beating him out at all.

no argument here; but he was good enough to start last year and would have probably started this year. Which means he was probably the best option.:skeptical:

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Yes, it sucks but it could be something far more serious like a ligament or torn muscle. Simple fractures heal very clean and quickly.

Yup. unless fractures through the joint surface, and then they have potential to be nightmares.

ISU2010

Jun 20, 2010

Agreed.

I'm even more intrigued by Miller though. In three months of conditioning workouts and 14 practices, he transformed himself from a HS senior, who just a few months prior played small-school Iowa Class A football, to playing 1st team LB in the spring game and arguably holding his own, save for head-to-head against KO, the best OL in the Big 12. I for one am eagerly anticipating seeing in the season opener how four more months of conditioning and greatly expanded practice time in the fall will further develop this kid.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

A big disappointment? Maybe in the sense that any and all injuries are disappointing.
He was a late JuCo signee- him being nothing but a big disappointment is a you problem imo.

He was a starter last year before being injured, and will provide valuable bulk to the position this year. He really brings it on blitzes.
I do not understand your last comment. Why do you want George to be the better player? You like the way he looks in a uniform? If George is better, I hope he plays.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Agreed.

I'm even more intrigued by Miller though. In three months of conditioning workouts and 14 practices, he transformed himself from a HS senior, who just a few months prior played small-school Iowa Class A football, to playing 1st team LB in the spring game and arguably holding his own, save for head-to-head against KO, the best OL in the Big 12. I for one am eagerly anticipating seeing in the season opener how four more months of conditioning and greatly expanded practice time in the fall will further develop this kid.

Great post. Miller looked the part all the way around, awesome.

I saw KO picking Miller up from his back 9 yards down field on one play. Steel sharpening steel, loved it!

ISU2010

Jun 20, 2010
Great post. Miller looked the part all the way around, awesome.

I saw KO picking Miller up from his back 9 yards down field on one play. Steel sharpening steel, loved it!

I heard that Thursday's practice after Jake Knott got hurt was the first time that Miller really went head-to-head against KO. He was pancaked in practice too. He'd think he was going to get by him and KO could club him in the side of the helmet with his long arms. I'm sure Miller won't be the only Big 12 LB who KO pancakes this year. Give the kid credit for getting right back up, shaking it off, and getting ready to bring it again on the next play.

Just how tough is KO? Even his shoes can't contain him!

XYHJMJGZQMVYIQV.20110331234916.jpg

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
pick_against_kansas_normal.jpg

Jknott20 Jake Knott

"The cast is off!!!!!!!! Now I can really start moving some weight around."

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Good to hear he's going to be ready in the fall. Of course I wouldn't be heart broken if he got a stomach bug the week of the Iowa game and had to sit that game out. But obviously glad he's not going to lose his season. Kid's a player.

Help Support Us

Become a patron