ISU Tennis

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Last edited:

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Got to watch them play at Lifetime a couple times earlier this season; solid squad this year and Maty Cancini became all-time wins record holder.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Huge congratulations to the ISU women's tennis team for making the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history! It's been a great season with tremendous accomplishments.

Here's the video of the team's reaction during the Selection Show and coach/player interviews.

Here's the tournament bracket.

A printable version

ISU appears to be the #10 seed in their region to play #7 seed South Carolina. According to the latest rankings, ISU is #35 and SC is #22. This team has got their first-ever Big12 tournament win by upsetting Texas Tech.

Today is Star Wars Day. May the Force be with you ISU Women's Tennis Team!

CyclONEnation wishes our tennis team best of luck getting their first-ever NCAA tournament win this Friday!

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Huge congratulations to the ISU women's tennis team for making the NCAA tournament for the first time in school history! It's been a great season with tremendous accomplishments.

Here's the video of the team's reaction during the Selection Show and coach/player interviews.

Here's the tournament bracket.

A printable version

ISU appears to be the #10 seed in their region to play #7 seed South Carolina. According to the latest rankings, ISU is #35 and SC is #22. This team has got their first-ever Big12 tournament win by upsetting Texas Tech.

Today is Star Wars Day. May the Force be with you ISU Women's Tennis Team!

CyclONEnation wishes our tennis team best of luck getting their first-ever NCAA tournament win this Friday!

I see why the tennis team is winning. They wear all black uniforms like the FB team.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
It's truly interesting how success stirs a fan base. Having gone 0fer my first year at ISU in soccer, to conference champions by year 5, I know the feeling of gratification I had. Not so much for myself, but for those with Iowa State pride. I find myself being so happy for these student athletes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They must be good, for a club (guessing we have a club team) to make they NCAA tourney.

It wasn’t even just the headline, it was several mentions of the men’s tennis team. The funny part is they basically just copied the Iowa state release so it was extra stupid.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The ******* register article online said that the men’s team made it.

I think our high school newspaper staff is more competent

My brother was on the team when we had one. I think a couple of decades later ISU started sending him stuff from the letterwinners club. He didn’t recall tennis letters as being a thing when he played but it wasn’t like he was on any other team so they must have been.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It wasn’t even just the headline, it was several mentions of the men’s tennis team. The funny part is they basically just copied the Iowa state release so it was extra stupid.

Quality organization to employ Randy and Chad

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
BREAKING NEWS:

ISU Women's Tennis Team just won their first-ever NCAA tournament match in school history by beating South Carolina 4-2! This is a milestone achievement that can't be understated.

Huge Congratulations! CyclONEnation is mighty proud of you!

tenor.gif

Match Recap

This is Iowa State's first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in Saia's third year leading the program. The win over the 24th-ranked Gamecocks marks the highest ranked team ISU has ever beaten and is the fifth ranked win of the season.

Box Score

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
One more thing I should point out is that the four players who were responsible for the four wins in today's match are technically all FRESHMEN due to last season being canceled halfway through, therefore everybody gets a free year of eligibility. This team is very young and the future looks bright.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Tremendous achievement considering that we have crap for tennis facilities.
Pollard will have to build a decent Div. I tennis complex - outdoor and indoor courts - to keep Boomer Saia as HC. But I'm sure he knows that.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Tremendous achievement considering that we have crap for tennis facilities.
Pollard will have to build a decent Div. I tennis complex - outdoor and indoor courts - to keep Boomer Saia as HC. But I'm sure he knows that.
Forker is in great need of a replacement/update. Honestly can't cost that much to build a decent tennis facility compared to other things the AD spends on. My daughter is on the club team and they practice/play at Forker. Not great. Most HS courts in Iowa are better.
Lifetime hosts alot of "home" matches.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames

Maybe we all should've paid more attention to our women's tennis program. I've checked that ISU does have a tennis complex dedicated to the program, which is located next to the Sukup Basketball Complex. Here's the detailed information.

The Bruce McKee Indoor Tennis Complex opened in 2017 (one year prior to the hiring of Coach Boomer Saia) and features two courts for the Cyclones to use for practice. The facility includes a team room and locker room, while the courts are equipped with PlaySight smart courts.

Last edited:

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Maybe we all should've paid more attention to our women's tennis program. I've checked that ISU does have a tennis complex dedicated to the program, which is located next to the Sukup Basketball Complex. Here's the detailed information.

The Bruce McKee Indoor Tennis Complex opened in 2017 (one year prior to the hiring of Coach Boomer Saia) and features two courts for the Cyclones to use for practice. The facility includes a team room and locker room, while the courts are equipped with PlaySight smart courts.
Still seems odd to me that they built it with only 2 indoor courts. It doesnt have to be Nebraska nice but wish it was bigger.