ISU News and Tweets

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The 20-second reset on an offensive rebound has been around for a few years.

Just like the 20-second reset on certain front-court inbounding situations, that some people were losing their **** over earlier in the season.

Is it just in mens?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It's interesting how so many people, including the "experts" in the studio, blamed Wisconsin's loss on an injury to a freshman point guard who in 14 minutes had 0 points, 0 assists, and at least 1 turnover.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Interesting but fun article to discuss.. best all time rosters and how they compare to each other for teams in the Sweet 16. I'm biased obviously, but I think our team should be ranked higher.

ISU is ranked about where I expected before I started reading, although I think that team could compete well with most of teams below maybe 7th ... I didn't ponder the rank too closely, quick read-thru -- possibly could place us above Providence but some of those players are prior to my memory.

Reactions: tzjung

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
ISU is ranked about where I expected before I started reading, although I think that team could compete well with most of teams below maybe 7th ... I didn't ponder the rank too closely, quick read-thru -- possibly could place us above Providence but some of those players are prior to my memory.

Honestly, I think Arkansas is too high, i'd move Zags and us ahead of them and then providence. With that said, top 9 teams are stone cold locks. Those Bruins and UNC all time teams are crazy....

Reactions: cyclones500

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It's interesting how so many people, including the "experts" in the studio, blamed Wisconsin's loss on an injury to a freshman point guard who in 14 minutes had 0 points, 0 assists, and at least 1 turnover.

I mean, obviously it still plays a role beyond that. Having their best option at PG is going to be a factor when facing a tough defense like ours. Would we have still beaten them? Good chance of that. But its still a factor.

That being said, i'll cancel that out with the awful officiating in the first half that had so many of our guys taken out of the game in both halves due to foul trouble. When we had to have some of them out in the second half, for a bit there it felt like that opened the door a bit for Wisconsin.

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
They had to come up with something better than "Iowa State's defense was stellar, and due to playing in the much superior Big 12 conference all season, versus the overrated Big 10".

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Interesting but fun article to discuss.. best all time rosters and how they compare to each other for teams in the Sweet 16. I'm biased obviously, but I think our team should be ranked higher.

Hornacek could replace Hoiberg. Also, Hoiberg could be a player coach.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you clip him with it, but when the other players tries to ram square into it, then not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I mean, obviously it still plays a role beyond that. Having their best option at PG is going to be a factor when facing a tough defense like ours. Would we have still beaten them? Good chance of that. But its still a factor.

That being said, i'll cancel that out with the awful officiating in the first half that had so many of our guys taken out of the game in both halves due to foul trouble. When we had to have some of them out in the second half, for a bit there it felt like that opened the door a bit for Wisconsin.

True on the officiating in the first half. The last play before half time was the cherry on top. Not only was it a hold.....should have been a "T" for slamming the ball. Like I said in another post.....have seen KU at Hilton and down in the conference tourney get "T'd" up for slamming just like the Wisky player.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That was also the second three from Grill taken off the board by an offensive foul. The other was a foul on Jaz.
I forgot about both of those. Yes. Grill was hot early but had two 3's taken away. Bad timing there.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I forgot about both of those. Yes. Grill was hot early but had two 3's taken away. Bad timing there.
I don't want to call you guys liars or anything, but Kunc had 4 fouls and I'm pretty sure they were all defensive.