ISU Gambling Megathread

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That applies for underage betting only. Proxy betting would be all of the bets placed.

The second part in the link I posted is for a person allowing an underage person to gamble. I can't find an Iowa Code section specific to a underage person gambling as someone else. The Code appears to put the onus for that on the "someone else" who allowed the underage person to use their identity.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
The second part in the link I posted is for a person allowing an underage person to gamble. I can't find an Iowa Code section specific to a underage person gambling as someone else. The Code appears to put the onus for that on the "someone else" who allowed the underage person to use their identity.

Yea I can’t find it either for the proxy part, but I might be looking in the wrong spot. I believe it is legal only in Nevada, but I could be wrong.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Unless you are trying to make an example of someone
Still generally doesn’t happen, especially for crimes like this. Usually you start with one or a few counts of the same charge and if the defendant won’t play ball then you can add more.