ISU football depth chart prediction??

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Sanders looks great in open space (see Iowa game a couple years ago, catching out of the backfield), but we never use him in that way for some reason. I think Harris will have a really good season and pass Sanders on the depth chart. Also, it will be cool to see what Norton does now that he is back at full health. Even if we don't have Brock, this RB group is solid. Their success will depend on the o-line.
I think they did try to use Sanders that way at least some, but due to the offense's lack of execution, it often didn't really work. For instance, I remember more than a few screen plays or swing passes set up for Sanders where Dekkers either missed him entirely or put it in a spot where Sanders had to adjust and lost momentum.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Never done one of these before, but here are my starting 22:

OFFENSE
QB:
Hunter Dekkers
RB:
Jirehl Brock
TE:
DeShawn Hanika
WRX:
Sean Shaw, Jr.
WRZ:
Tarique Milton
WRF:
Donnie Jennert
LT:
Kelechi Osemele
LG:
Tyler Miller
C:
Ben Bruns (COVID year)
RG:
Joey Ramos
RT:
Grant Trieber

DEFENSE
DE:
MJ Anderson
NT:
Howard Brown
DT:
Hunter Deyo
DE:
David Irving
LB:
Zachary Lovett
LB:
Myles Mendeszoon
LB:
Will McLaughlin
CB1:
Ellis Hobbs III
SS:
Isheem Young
FS:
Mason Chambers
CB2:
Tayvonn Kyle
Man, Donnie Jennert is a name I haven't heard in quite a while.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Alabama like most other schools wouldn't have a State looking to make headlines.
I can't decide if I believe this or not. I don't really think gambling entities are aligned with the government, but more that they will self-report because their existence depends on a structure of trust. It would be in their interest to get ahead of these things instead of being caught with their pants down on them later.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Yeah, you wouldn't know by the thread title, but the details have been slowly leaked from the premium board if you want to sift through all of it.
I actually feel like there are better nuggets and more quickly on the free board regarding this topic. The conversation about it is probably a bit more toxic on the free board though, no doubt. More people willing to share info and all kinds of opinions.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Maybe there's a bit of a reset and we actually see some real growth this season including unknowns emerging into something.

I'm also hoping to see more from Eli Sanders. I swear there's some ability there.
He is a smooth runner as I've seen since Breece, but he didn't seem to have very good vision or break tackle ability from what I remember last year. Apparently he had a good game against TCU backups in a game we were getting piss pounded in, but I was checked out by that point.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I can't decide if I believe this or not. I don't really think gambling entities are aligned with the government, but more that they will self-report because their existence depends on a structure of trust. It would be in their interest to get ahead of these things instead of being caught with their pants down on them later.

Yeah but the regulatory agencies they report to are government. And the agency decides if they are going to pursue or not.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Never done one of these before, but here are my starting 22:

OFFENSE
QB:
Hunter Dekkers
RB:
Jirehl Brock
TE:
DeShawn Hanika
WRX:
Sean Shaw, Jr.
WRZ:
Tarique Milton
WRF:
Donnie Jennert
LT:
Kelechi Osemele
LG:
Tyler Miller
C:
Ben Bruns (COVID year)
RG:
Joey Ramos
RT:
Grant Trieber

DEFENSE
DE:
MJ Anderson
NT:
Howard Brown
DT:
Hunter Deyo
DE:
David Irving
LB:
Zachary Lovett
LB:
Myles Mendeszoon
LB:
Will McLaughlin
CB1:
Ellis Hobbs III
SS:
Isheem Young
FS:
Mason Chambers
CB2:
Tayvonn Kyle
Dekkers over Tiller? Wow.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Jeff Woody might have a word about this in regards to KO. Yes, not a whole line, yes, not all of the skill positions, but Kelechi Osemele in my opinion is why we won that game in 2011 (and in turn, that caused the football playoffs to happen).
I agree with KO and team winning that game. But we only finished 6-6 that year, primarily due to weakness at the quarterback position (and most other offensive skill positions were not too great either).

That was the best OL we’ve had in some time and it couldn’t overcome deficiencies in other areas of the offense. A good example to illustrate my original point.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Dekkers over Tiller? Wow.

If Tiller starts we won't have the opportunity to shout "Put in Tiller".

giphy.webp

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm not sure how any of these starters that have been mentioned in this gambling thing can start now for this team? It just really shows a total lack of "team" that you are constantly preaching about. It might be best to just cut ties at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUKyro

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Pretty sure we can cross off Dekkers from the depth chart.

I guess this is why a team can't have enough good arms. Starter decides to join the Players Club and places bets on ISU and one has a career ending injury.

Just when I was waiting for good Arizona news we get this

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Turns out I was completely ******* wrong and apparently the state of Iowa is the only one in the entire country where you can actually get busted for gambling.

Reactions: cyclone1209

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Turns out I was completely ******* wrong and apparently the state of Iowa is the only one in the entire country where you can actually get busted for gambling.
No kidding, where is the sweep of Louisiana, Ohio, Indiana, and other states where it’s ok to gamble

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
Anticipated Depth Chart (Excluded all still involved with gambling situation)

QB: Becht, Kohl
RB: Norton, Sanders, Harris/Sama
TE: Dean, Brahmer, Moore/Keller
F: Klotz, Bjork/Burkle
WRX: Higgins, Gaines/Essex
WRZ: Stanley, Ngoyi/Bitter
WRF: Noel, Adam/Brown
LT: Miller, Neal
LG: Hufford, Akinshilo
C: Peterson, Bonifas
RG: Simmons, Hasert
RT: Treiber, Maro

LEO: Ezeogu, Medeszoon
DT: Onyedim, Singleton
NG: Orange, Okoli
E: Peterson, Adam
WLB: Vaughn, Willich
MLB: Sadowsky, Lovett
SLB: Ellis, McLaughlin/Marshall
CB: Purchase, Porter
BS: Verdon, McGee
MS: Freyler, Howard
FS: Cooper, Thompson/Patton
CB: Tampa, Crosby

Some notes from a few well connected sources:
- Sadowsky will have a major impact this year as a freshman, legit shot to start at MLB
- Brahmer flipping ISU from Nebraska kinda went under the radar but we may see (as early as this year) just how big of a get that was and just how good he can be
- Onyedim, Orange and Singleton offer a great 'top 3' in terms of stopping the run, need a few pass rushers to step up
- Depth spots at WR will be determined during camp, lots of talent, but young and need consistency
- The top 5 guys in the secondary is likely the best we have ever had at ISU.
- Hufford and Miller should out-preform expectations

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Anticipated Depth Chart (Excluded all still involved with gambling situation)

QB: Becht, Kohl
RB: Norton, Sanders, Harris/Sama
TE: Dean, Brahmer, Moore/Keller
F: Klotz, Bjork/Burkle
WRX: Higgins, Gaines/Essex
WRZ: Stanley, Ngoyi/Bitter
WRF: Noel, Adam/Brown
LT: Miller, Neal
LG: Hufford, Akinshilo
C: Peterson, Bonifas
RG: Simmons, Hasert
RT: Treiber, Maro

LEO: Ezeogu, Medeszoon
DT: Onyedim, Singleton
NG: Orange, Okoli
E: Peterson, Adam
WLB: Vaughn, Willich
MLB: Sadowsky, Lovett
SLB: Ellis, McLaughlin/Marshall
CB: Purchase, Porter
BS: Verdon, McGee
MS: Freyler, Howard
FS: Cooper, Thompson/Patton
CB: Tampa, Crosby

Some notes from a few well connected sources:
- Sadowsky will have a major impact this year as a freshman, legit shot to start at MLB
- Brahmer flipping ISU from Nebraska kinda went under the radar but we may see (as early as this year) just how big of a get that was and just how good he can be
- Onyedim, Orange and Singleton offer a great 'top 3' in terms of stopping the run, need a few pass rushers to step up
- Depth spots at WR will be determined during camp, lots of talent, but young and need consistency
- The top 5 guys in the secondary is likely the best we have ever had at ISU.
- Hufford and Miller should out-preform expectations
Interesting you have Ellis over McLaughlin? I would love to see Gaines or Kai Black hop one of the incumbents at WR

Reactions: IowaState88

Help Support Us

Become a patron