ISU football depth chart prediction??

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
WIllich is a RS freshman and played last season, just to clarify. I'm excited about the talent there. I've not been a fan of the 250-260 linebackers we've been using, and that includes a beefed up Rose.
Not to mention Willich was coming of a major knee injury in senior year of HS. If he's beating out McLaughin, it likely means he's playing very well.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Good to see Daniel Jackson back on there after a wonky first 2 years in Ames.

Probably more depth there at WR than we realize.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Good to see Daniel Jackson back on there after a wonky first 2 years in Ames.

Probably more depth there at WR than we realize.
Obligatory...

giphy.gif

swessball

Mar 23, 2016
Not surprised that Willich is listed as a starter. One of the offseason videos put out on social media had players name the hardest hitter on the team, and Willich was listed more than once (obviously there’s more to playing LB than hitting, but still).

I am surprised with Neal at LT though. Hadn’t heard much about him since last year.

Reactions: RagingCloner

hershy

Oct 15, 2021
Slightly surprised that Tanner Hughes is not listed as an "OR" for QB. Don't recall how Lanning was listed prior to switch to LB.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He’s in the depth chart.

Sorry, I meant that they are on the roster.

It shouldn’t be too surprising that 2 RS Fr WR’s are not in the 2 deep. I think Gaines and Essex are both very talented, but my guess is they might be still making too many mistakes or maybe are not bringing it quite like some others in practice?

I remember wanting see both of them more at the end of games last year when all the subs were getting into games, and still not seeing these two. They are evidently still struggling with something. Doesn’t mean that the lights won’t come on at some point…. they are still very young.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
There are more ORs there than when I list excuses my wife doesn’t have sex with me.

• Haha
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Quite a few surprises on here actually. After looking at the QB’s and RB’s, I was thinking we weren’t going to learn a thing from this depth chart, but there were some surprises in there.

I was kinda glad to see Simmons get beat out honestly. I think he has the talent, but needed some motivation, so maybe this will motivate him.

I was shocked about Willich, even though the coaches were always talking him up. I just thought McLaughlin looked really good last year. But I think this is also good…. means we have good depth there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron