Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2023

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Alright well, it's been a while, but here's a quick little portal update on some of the names we're connected to

Idan Tretout - Not much here outside of someone with On3 saying he had a zoom call/meeting with Loyola Chicago

Nick Timberlake - A lot of questionable info on him. Seems like a UNC visit may have happened and I saw a tweet saying he committed that wasn't picked up anywhere.

Jace Carter - Nothing here, just wanted to mention that some ******* how I saw someone's drawing of a Pokemon with an extremely large butt when searching his name on Twitter. What the actual ****

John Hugley - Had an official visit to Georgia Tech that wrapped up a few days ago

Kowancie Reeves - Took visits to GT and BC, had an in home with Mississippi State

Clarence Daniels had a number of visits and a zoom meeting

Jamison Battle - In home with Indiana

https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1640846985157566468

Damian Dunn visited NC State

https://twitter.com/RCorySmith/status/1639815720866308100

Dayvion McKnight is reportedly setting up visits with Arky, Xavier, and NC State. IDK if there's a limit for transfers or not

https://twitter.com/TravisGrafHoops/status/1641153577346293767

Knect, Bamba, and Menifield I didn't check due to how recent their news was

Nobody bumped off the list, but a few close.

Who is the kid from Wisconsin that played at Wofford? I just have a feeling TJ will get that kid. Found it. Paveletzke. Any update on him?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I thought Johnson was a total liability on defense all year, tons of fouls and lackluster rebounding effort worried about fouling
Keyontae Johnson ended the year 4th in B12 average points per game, 4th in minutes, and 5th in rebounds.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Who is the kid from Wisconsin that played at Wofford? I just have a feeling TJ will get that kid. Found it. Paveletzke. Any update on him?
Not that I saw. There was a premium article from 247, I think from Minnesota's guy, who was talking about him but I can't share the contents of that here. I don't think it really said much on him anyhow.

I feel pretty strongly about him being a Cyclone too though.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
With Ish leaving, K-State has three open scholarships. We'll see who gets them out of the portal and then determine if his departure was a gain or loss.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Rumored 3 open scholarship's... If I ran We Will and had $250K to allocate (Feel like that is fair value for ISU, maybe I'm way off) my allocation of $250K in funds would look like this..

50% to a starting combo guard - $125K
30% a PF/Center who can shoot - $75K (Ben Vander Plas example, Probably have to spend more for a Grant Basile)
20% to a reserve guard - $50K (ideally a 8-12MPG player who can shoot)

From what Blum has stated on the Sunday Night pod, $125K can get you into the top tier of guards in the portal. Not the ELITE but a really high level player (NEEEEEEDS to be a shooter)

Lipsey
Stud SG
Omaha
Tre King
Vander Plas example

(Ranked in MPG)
Williams
Milan
Transfer guard
Watson
BRE
Ward
Hamilton
Fish

Starting lineup has 4/5 who can stretch. 3/5 in your starting lineup are 6'7"-6'8". At least 4of your top 6 are high level defenders and rebounders. Top 3 off the bench are borderline or at starting quality at a P6 school. Allows BRE and Ward to play their perfect role of all out energy and effort for 4 stretches between timeouts.

Reactions: CloneIce

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Rumored 3 open scholarship's... If I ran We Will and had $250K to allocate (Feel like that is fair value for ISU, maybe I'm way off) my allocation of $250K in funds would look like this..

30% a PF/Center who can shoot - $75K (Ben Vander Plas example, Probably have to spend more for a Grant Basile)

From what Blum has stated on the Sunday Night pod, $125K can get you into the top tier of guards in the portal. Not the ELITE but a really high level player (NEEEEEEDS to be a shooter)

Lipsey
Stud SG
Omaha
Tre King
Vander Plas example

(Ranked in MPG)
Williams
Milan
Transfer guard
Watson
BRE
Ward
Hamilton
Fish

Starting lineup has 4/5 who can stretch. 3/5 in your starting lineup are 6'7"-6'8". At least 4of your top 6 are high level defenders and rebounders. Top 3 off the bench are borderline or at starting quality at a P6 school. Allows BRE and Ward to play their perfect role of all out energy and effort for 4 stretches between timeouts.
You are way too high

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Lipsey
Stud SG
Omaha
Tre King
Vander Plas example

(Ranked in MPG)
Williams
Milan
Transfer guard
Watson
BRE
Ward
Hamilton
Fish

I need to listen to that POD, so apologies if it was discussed.

If that's to "go get" someone in the portal, does We Will reward/give to returners like Lipsey? Meaning, do guys that are decent and stick around set the bar?

WizardKelly

Mar 20, 2023
Loaded next season!!!

Rob,Ward,King 5
King, Milan, Omaha, Fish 4
Omaha, Knecht, Domask, Watson 3
Knecht, Williams, Domask, Hamilton 2
Williams/Lipsey, Knecht 1

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I need to listen to that POD, so apologies if it was discussed.

If that's to "go get" someone in the portal, does We Will reward/give to returners like Lipsey? Meaning, do guys that are decent and stick around set the bar?
This is what I was wondering. Because if it doesn't, then in your scenario, Lipsey and King might be kinda pissed that a guy playing "8-12" mpg is getting 50k.
Also, it's just absurd to think a guy playing 8-12 mpg is going to get any cash other than maybe lunch money. That's Watson and Ward level last year.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
Loaded next season!!!

Rob,Ward,King 5
King, Milan, Omaha, Fish 4
Omaha, Knecht, Domask, Watson 3
Knecht, Williams, Domask, Hamilton 2
Williams/Lipsey, Knecht 1
Cool, but doubtful Domask is coming to be 3rd in the rotation at 2 different positions

WizardKelly

Mar 20, 2023
Cool, but doubtful Domask is coming to be 3rd in the rotation at 2 different positions
Don’t mind the order, I just listed the guys who are all options at each position. I had to throw Domask in there because I can’t see too many other older/experienced good guys who won’t be NIL hunting

• Informative
Reactions: Statefan10

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
I'd agree and also disagree with how it was broken down.

Lipsey, Knecht, Omaha, Domask, Ward/King/Jones - that's your starting 5

Have there been whispers about Knecht or is that just your hopes that he'll come? A quick google indicates he's been in contact with a lot of "bigger" programs, so I just assume he'll be too expensive for ISU.

WizardKelly

Mar 20, 2023
Have there been whispers about Knecht or is that just your hopes that he'll come? A quick google indicates he's been in contact with a lot of "bigger" programs, so I just assume he'll be too expensive for ISU.
Hoping for the best and that article on 24/7sports had us in the headline

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron