Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
In the MSP airport. Walked by two bars and the were full so I looked closer and everyone is drinking beers and mixed drinks. Must be all the rural people flying at 6 am……….
Was anybody wearing a pilot's uniform? That would worry me. If just normal folk, no issues with JaegerBombs at 6 am.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
My wife wonders why I refuse to move to a small town. All I have to do is point to her cousins who all drink heavily, and smoke/chew. Yeah it happens in the city but it isn’t ingrained in the culture so much.

*yes there are exceptions I have family in small towns that doesn’t drink much or smoke but they are the few it seems. Hell go into a caseys in a small town and look at the product differences compared to one in CR or DSM

My friends that live in bigger cities seem to spend every Saturday and Sunday, all day, hopping from brewery to brewery. Many of them plan vacations around what breweries they want to go to.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
My wife wonders why I refuse to move to a small town. All I have to do is point to her cousins who all drink heavily, and smoke/chew. Yeah it happens in the city but it isn’t ingrained in the culture so much.

*yes there are exceptions I have family in small towns that doesn’t drink much or smoke but they are the few it seems. Hell go into a caseys in a small town and look at the product differences compared to one in CR or DSM
But do the Casey’s in bigger cities have shitters behind the counter. I think not, sir!!!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m here for the rural-hate thread on a Sunday.

Rural is great. Some of the best people I know are from my rural community.

But I have to laugh when someone from my hometown talks in code about how they don't have to worry about drugs, crime, etc. when they regularly drive drunk, and outside of that drugs and other sorts of crime were very prevalent growing up in that type of community.

If I bring that up...'well that's just kids being kids'.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
If I lose my life while driving it will more than likely be because of a distracted driver on a phone. May or may not be drunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruflosn and Cydkar

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's a culture in Iowa, straight up.

When I've gone out in my home town (800ish people) it's about a mile walk home if I drink too much.

People look at me like I'm crazy for wanting to just walk home instead of driving, like a 20 minute walk is unheard of and many people get OWIs that live just a few blocks away.
I enjoy a good drunk walk. Assuming I'm in walking condition. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: madguy30

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If I lose my life while driving it will more than likely be because of a distracted driver on a phone. May or may not be drunk.
Well, that's just statistics. Of course, you are correct. It's why I no longer ride my bike on a street.

Reactions: ruflosn

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Driving drunk on an empty rural gravel isn’t that dangerous.

I’m not saying that should be legal, because driving drunk in a town is very dangerous, I’m just pointing that as a society we’ve been conditioned to view all forms of drunk driving as pathologically dangerous and that simply isn’t accurate.

Just a reminder for the crowd that might not have been here yesterday.

this is what a group of posters here believe that

Rural drunk driving is not that dangerous.

Not drinking and driving aka booze cruising but DRUNK DRIVING.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In the MSP airport. Walked by two bars and the were full so I looked closer and everyone is drinking beers and mixed drinks. Must be all the rural people flying at 6 am……….
Was anybody wearing a pilot's uniform? That would worry me. If just normal folk, no issues with JaegerBombs at 6 am.
Leath school of flying?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Just a reminder for the crowd that might not have been here yesterday.

this is what a group of posters here believe that

Rural drunk driving is not that dangerous.

Not drinking and driving aka booze cruising but DRUNK DRIVING.
It is dangerous for the people in the vehicle, only good news they will likely not hurt others. Choices.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Is driving drunk on gravel roads while shooting at signs and running over mailboxes dangerous?

Asking for a friend....

What about driving around shooting a potatoe gun and paintball gun? Not drunk. Twenty years ago me would like to know.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Are you saying it should be a choice to drive drunk?
Isn't it? Stealing is also a choice. I have not stolen anything, but I can say I have been over the limit driving when I was younger. You can choose to drive or not.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Isn't it? Stealing is also a choice. I have not stolen anything, but I can say I have been over the limit driving when I was younger. You can choose to drive or not.
And hopefully the result of your choice is your ass gets arrested. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron