I cringe every time...

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Nader takes a 3, but keep taking them 'Dooley.

Iowa game must have been hell for you last yr.

God I swear most of our fans must be ********. "Got a bad feeling about this game we are favored in on a neutral site." "Have a great feeling about this game we are underdogs in at a top 25 team"

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
When he shot that 3, I almost through my remote through the TV. When he made it, I shook my head in disbelief. When Cincy was shooting the ball, what seemed like 15 times in the last 11 seconds, I had my hand covering my balls the whole time. What a fun game to watch.
Felt like the longest 11 seconds ever. In tight games, I have a habit of muting the TV and turning on John and Eric, which is usually a few seconds ahead of the tv. Not sure why- I think it's because I'd prefer to be dejected or joyous while listening to fellow Cyclones, rather than tv commentators.

Anyways, that last 11 seconds seemed to last forever. I was surprised when John said they got a second shot off, then about swallowed my tongue when they got a third one off before the zeros.

Fun game! Conference play hasn't started yet, and I feel like I need to start blood pressure meds.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I cringe when he drives baseline and jumps in the air not knowing what he is going to do. He does it with remarkable regularity.

reaCY

Mar 21, 2014
I cringe sometimes when he leads the break...he sometimes pushes it to the rack and makes it or throws an errant pass after he gets cut off, was a big TO late in the game with that bailout pass to Thomas in the corner.

Pwnzrschreck

Jan 10, 2015
Dport
Iowa game must have been hell for you last yr.

God I swear most of our fans must be ********. "Got a bad feeling about this game we are favored in on a neutral site." "Have a great feeling about this game we are underdogs in at a top 25 team"

I was at the Iowa game last year and he was impressive throughout. He played well tonight, just threw up a lot of bricks from 3 before he swished the game winner.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I was watching it on dvr and my wife already knew how it ended.

At one point I said "I'd be fine if Nader never took another three."

She did a great job keeping a straight face.

I like Naders game when he plays within the offense. He just seems to press things a lot.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I was watching it on dvr and my wife already knew how it ended.

At one point I said "I'd be fine if Nader never took another three."

She did a great job keeping a straight face.

I like Naders game when he plays within the offense. He just seems to press things a lot.

This. He tries to do things he shouldn't because he's successful just enough that it doesn't thwart him. He can be really good but he gets over his skis sometimes.

At WVU last year he was a beast.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
JJJJJEEEEEESSUUUUUSSSSSS TAKE THE WHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I cringe when he drives baseline and jumps in the air not knowing what he is going to do. He does it with remarkable regularity.

Still don't get how he doesn't turn it over every time he does it and he does it a minimum of three times a game

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If Nader gets too "over the skis" we can pull him.

Burton for the win.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I was yelling no until the shot went in. After that I let loose one of the loudest screams my sore throat would let me.

The guy that was smiling the most when that last shot went in-- Klay Edwards.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A little trivia for you. Northern Illinois has the record for fewest points in a half. Nader had their only bucket in a two point half. You are truly carrying the team when you score all of your team's points in a half.

After reading that I understood why he transferred.