Hunter Dekkers TD Throw

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He put it in the perfect spot into a strong wind against blanket coverage. The name on the other jersey is irrelevant.
This is the best point. Coverage was great. It’s only one throw in garbage time, but man, that was impressive.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
This is the best point. Coverage was great. It’s only one throw in garbage time, but man, that was impressive.

I've seen ISU fans in other eras find a whole lot of optimism for the future in plays that weren't nearly as impressive.

Spring game heroes come to mind....

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I loved to see it, but let's not put too much emphasis on one series. Look how impressive Re-Al Mitchell was against ULM last year.

Reactions: CYdways432

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I've seen ISU fans in other eras find a whole lot of optimism for the future in plays that weren't nearly as impressive.

If I could turn Euseph Messiah into an All-American in NCAA Football I don’t understand why Mac couldn’t do the same thing in real life.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Nice throw and catch. Can;t get too excited about a play like that against the worst team in the conference at the end of a blowout game. Kid has confidence, that's for sure. Kind of surprise that Campbell let him throw a couple passes.
More of a surprise that he lets Purdy throw incompletions and INT when ya got Hall in the backfield to run the clock out.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
"I know my way around Iowa, but I have never heard of Hawarden, Iowa. [ha-warden]"

It is pronounced [Hay]-[Warden].

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Nice throw and catch. Can;t get too excited about a play like that against the worst team in the conference at the end of a blowout game. Kid has confidence, that's for sure. Kind of surprise that Campbell let him throw a couple passes.

I feel like the staff had those two plays drawn up for whenever that unit got in the game. They were scripted and were going to run them when Hunter was subbed in. I don't think in any way shape or form they thought each play would work perfectly.

Reactions: CyCloned

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Anyone remember King Green? I remember going to a spring game and he ran wild in it. Not sure if he ever got a carry in a game...

Reactions: Aclone

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I heard if there is a 3 way tie for the Big XII, one of the tiebreakers is point differential. That td could be the most important in ISU history!
It's point differential among the tied teams. KU will not be one of the tied teams. But I doubt it gets that far in the tie breaker process. Collective records are compared to each other then the next highest team or group of teams.

Here is the link to the conference website explaining the process.

We just need to win out to leave no doubt.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
It's point differential among the tied teams. KU will not be one of the tied teams. But I doubt it gets that far in the tie breaker process. Collective records are compared to each other then the next highest team or group of teams.

Here is the link to the conference website explaining the process.

We just need to win out to leave no doubt.

I knew it was way down the list, that's why I said one of the tiebreakers. Win and it won't matter of course.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron